Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)


Recommended Posts

THese are the players that were drafted 15 and beyond in the 1st round last yr.  There are some very good players there 

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/story/_/id/35828253/full-nfl-draft-order-2023-all-259-picks-seven-rounds-afc-nfc-teams

 

15. New York Jets (from Green Bay): Will McDonald IV, OLB
16. Washington Commanders: Emmanuel Forbes, CB
17. New England Patriots (from Pittsburgh): Christian Gonzalez, CB
18. Detroit Lions: Jack Campbell, ILB
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Calijah Kancey, DT
20. Seattle Seahawks: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR
21. Los Angeles Chargers: Quentin Johnston, WR
22. Baltimore Ravens: Zay Flowers, WR
23. Minnesota Vikings: Jordan Addison, WR
24. New York Giants (from Jacksonville): Deonte Banks, CB
25. Buffalo Bills (from Jacksonville through N.Y. Giants): Dalton Kincaid, TE
26. Dallas Cowboys: Mazi Smith, DT
27. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Buffalo): Anton Harrison, OT
28. Cincinnati Bengals: Myles Murphy, DE
29. New Orleans Saints (from San Francisco through Miami and Denver): Bryan Bresee, DT
30. Philadelphia Eagles: Nolan Smith, OLB
31. Kansas City Chiefs: Felix Anudike-Uzomah, DE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Life has come full circle for Ballard from the No.15 pick Malik Hooker in year 1 of lame duck Pagano as HC to the No.15 pick again. I am expecting a stud CB or pass rusher. However, if Odunze, Nabers or Bowers slide to No.15 (has happened), I can see him taking a hard look at it. :) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We need a receiver with movement that can snag balls out of the air.. Nabers is the guy but we won’t be able to get him and I haven’t seen another receiver that moves like him. (Other than those other LSU receivers already in the league)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MikChiken said:

We need a receiver with movement that can snag balls out of the air.. Nabers is the guy but we won’t be able to get him and I haven’t seen another receiver that moves like him. (Other than those other LSU receivers already in the league)

I like Odunze, think he may flash in tomorrow's title game which may move him up a bit. We need a big play WR to go with Pitman's solid play and Downs in the slot. Pierce can be #4 and if he develops great but if not we still have weapons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MikChiken said:

We need a receiver with movement that can snag balls out of the air.. Nabers is the guy but we won’t be able to get him and I haven’t seen another receiver that moves like him. (Other than those other LSU receivers already in the league)

We have that. Defense should be the pick there if someone is worth the pick. Of course FA might change that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have that. Defense should be the pick there if someone is worth the pick. Of course FA might change that.

We really dont have that, most glaring need currently. Then another DE to pair with Ebukum,Dayo and Paye.    If Kelly retires Center would become a need.  We could use another Safety especially if Blackmon doesnt return (Thomas really regressed, Cross showed well more often then not).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have that. Defense should be the pick there if someone is worth the pick. Of course FA might change that.

I just think we need the stud receiver and there isn’t one we’ll be able to sign so if anything, I’d spend on D in FA and draft WR 1st. But yes free agency will be interesting 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MikChiken said:

If someone was at 9 I would target trading with Chicago just because they have so many picks anyway and I’m sure they’ll trade back from 1 too

You think Chicago will trade away the chance to draft Caleb Williams?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s a thought. Maybe get aggressive for once and make a big trade up. 
 

At some point, Ballard’s going to shock us and be aggressive in the offseason… or he’s going to set his predecessor up with a young roster, well managed cap, and no lost draft inventory. 
 

2024 is the year. I can feel it. Aggressive in free agency. Aggressive moving up the board for the talent this team needs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One mock draft I’ve seen had the Colts going Kool Aid McKinstrey the CB from Alabama. I saw another that had them taking Brock Bowers TE from Georgia.  If you looking for a WR it’s looking like that might be the area of the draft Keon Coleman from FSU or Troy Franklin from Oregon goes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson being back is going to make all the WR better.

Yeah but still need more than three NFL level WRs on the roster.  Okay four if you count Dulin.  They might not go one round one but odds are they draft one or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ChuggaBeer said:

I was referring to where you said you were sure they would trade back from one     Unless it was a typo 

Oh yes I said they could, but def could stay. I just think it’s on the table if they keep fields, idk what I would do. Probably draft Caleb and hope someone gives up something good for fields 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MHJ, Thomas, Nabers, Odunze, Franklin

 

Which ever one of those are available at 15 we draft him.  I don’t care which one it is.  I find it highly unlikely that we won’t be able to grab one of these first round graded WR1s.

 

We need a WR that can continuously get open past the sticks.  Badly.  And not one that can only run streaks (ex.  Alec Pierce)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


It depends on how far he trades back.   He could trade back once or CB might trade back several times.   
 

 

I wish he would stop trading for quantity over quality. They need some difference makers.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

 

That isn’t what we are doing. You trade down when there are multiple guys you like.

That’s probably why the Colts won’t be a real Super Bowl contender. They don’t sign difference makers in free agency and most always trade back.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah but still need more than three NFL level WRs on the roster.  Okay four if you count Dulin.  They might not go one round one but odds are they draft one or two.

Agreed and I dont count Dulin as an NFL level wr (Was hoping he would get there but hasnt) but he is a great special teams ace and we missed that several times this season. Not sure what Mckenzie suspension is about but he wasnt playing well even before it so cant see him coming back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Agreed and I dont count Dulin as an NFL level wr (Was hoping he would get there but hasnt) but he is a great special teams ace and we missed that several times this season. Not sure what Mckenzie suspension is about but he wasnt playing well even before it so cant see him coming back.

Yeah I don’t count Dulin either.  Perfectly fine with him staying for special teams but I view the trying to make him a WR beyond anything more than an emergency roll as experiment that needs to end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I don’t count Dulin either.  Perfectly fine with him staying for special teams but I view the trying to make him a WR beyond anything more than an emergency roll as experiment that needs to end.

I sure hope  it ends as well. unfortunately none of the ps to active wr shined at all so no diamond in the rough from DJ Montgomery, Winfree, Amari Rogers, Ethan Fernea

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Here’s a thought. Maybe get aggressive for once and make a big trade up. 
 

At some point, Ballard’s going to shock us and be aggressive in the offseason… or he’s going to set his predecessor up with a young roster, well managed cap, and no lost draft inventory. 
 

2024 is the year. I can feel it. Aggressive in free agency. Aggressive moving up the board for the talent this team needs. 

“Successor” you mean?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

You think Chicago will trade away the chance to draft Caleb Williams?????

Bears will do stupid thing and trade again. Could have had CJ last year at 1. If trade, do not go past 2 or 3 so Cards get Harrison. Fields, HC and OC not the answer.

Edited by JColts72
Add
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I wish he would stop trading for quantity over quality. They need some difference makers.


When Ballard trades back, he believes he’s getting roughly the same level of player that he would have if he stayed where he was.   
 

No two teams see the draft the same way.  Every team’s Big Board looks totally different, in some cases shockingly so.  
 

A few years ago, the Patriots took a guard at the bottom of the first round.  Off memory, I think his name was Cole Strange.   The Rams didn’t pick until the bottom of the third round that year.   Late-90’s.   The Rams had Strange on their list of players who might last to them.  
 

One team saw the player as a late first rounder, while the other saw the same player as a very-late third rounder.   Everyone sees the same thing differently. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wish I had your confidence in that. I hope you are right!

All you have to do is go watch games where he played. It was much more spread out offense with receivers wide open. Take Nico Collin’s as a example. Under 500 yards last two years. Almost trippled it with stroud. Then think about how open jt is going to be with a guy that can throw deep and take off with  the the ball. As long as Richardson is healthy it’s going to be hard to stop.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...