Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Season, 17th game, Saturday, Jan. 6th, 2024

NFLfan

Texans @ Colts  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will JT break 100 yards rushing?

2. 2. Will the Colts defense hold CJ Stroud to 2 or fewer TDs passed?

3. 3. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Texans
    • Game will end in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2024 at 01:30 AM

We overachieved this season. If you want to blame anyone it has to be Chris Ballard for this lackluster roster. 

2 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

So who wants Frank back???

We pretty much have the same guy that’s going to do stupid sheit on 4th down 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The fans in person are way better and take losses better than all the sore losers online I promise you. 

I typically try to avoid the chat room…. It’s a crazy place….  I know everyone is disappointed, but people say insane things in their frustration.   

We all see the same thing…..   differently. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Highly disappointed in 2 decisions.

The rest I can deal with.

1. Timeout on 4th and 1(dumbest thing ever)(literally run any play, if you don't get it you still have all 3 timeouts.)

2. Having Goodson in the game ever when Taylor and Moss are active....

Thanks for the season Gardner, hopefully that was the last time I have to watch you be our starter though.

2 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

I'm ready for AR. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Minshew back next season, he's a more than competent backup and I doubt we could do much better in that regard.

• Like 1

Just now, a06cc said:

We overachieved this season. If you want to blame anyone it has to be Chris Ballard for this lackluster roster. 

Definitely truth in this. He is stubborn and refuses to spend to get proven talent. Teams that win pay for the talent available, we’ve had two back to back GM’s who like to bargain bin shop.

Just now, coming on strong said:

we are just as banged up   have the texans play their backup QB and us have richardson we would win by two scores

Texans are banged up too. And we don’t have Richardson. No excuse for the performance at home today 

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

You just said it. Bad execution by a practice squad running back when the best player on the roster (who had 188 yards rushing tonight) is watching from the sideline. You can try to justify that all you want, but it cannot be justified. 

I'm not defending anything I just said it wasn't a bad call. Not sure why goodson was in over Taylor 

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

I don't understand why people are blaming steichen. The only mistake I see is wasting a timeout at the end. 

Play call was fine. Bad execution by a backup QB and a practice squad running back. 

They should have passed more at the end with Houston expecting and playing run. 

Steinchen purposely made the season come down on one play. Colts could have.and should have been closer with multiple plays/chances to win AND not come down to one pass to a practice squad player!!!

15 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ignore minshew throwing it behind him with no pressure .  the most inaccurate QB i ever watched

Yeah thats on the qb when you forced a player to rotate his hips 180 degrees on a 3 yard pass with no pressure.......Minshew sucked all game honestly. A shame

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Minshew back next season, he's a more than competent backup and I doubt we could do much better in that regard.

i rather get cam newton as a backup  to pair with shane way better than minshew .  he fits shanes offense better

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

I feel like the people comparing Reich to steichen are really just doing it out of spite. 

I'm not sure where the motivation comes from but I saw considerable differences in the team and the management of players. 

Reich is the first head coach to be fired in back to back seasons. Steichen Inherited a 4 win team and just almost took them to the playoffs. They're  not the same. 

Fans are just upset. They will come around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Nah, I'm good on that.

That just gives him an opportunity to potentially make me watch him being our starter again.

He can go be a bridge elsewhere.

• Like 3

Just now, richard pallo said:

It was there for the taking and Shane has him throwing to a player who has boxing gloves for hands.  What a horrible use of personnel.

its better in the long run better draft position .  you really wanna watch minshew put up 100 yards passing in a playoff game ?  i rather not get embarrassed

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i rather get cam newton as a backup  to pair with shane way better than minshew .  he fits shanes offense better

You don't mean that. Minshew is a competent backup.

Just now, w87r said:

Nah, I'm good on that.

That just gives him an opportunity to potentially make me watch him being our starter again.

He can go be a bridge elsewhere.

He’s not a bridge. He’s a backup. He did better than a lot of backups would have done.

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’ve been a fan way longer than me?   I’m about to turn 67, so I highly doubt it.  

I’ve probably followed the NFL longer than you’ve been alive.  (55+ years).

COLTS FAN, you came with Luck, and I’ll give you respect for sticking around, but you are over the top quite a bit and like to pick fights with people and constantly bash our fan base. We are allowed to be frustrated after a loss and voice our frustrations, it’s a freaking discussion forum for Gods sake!!! Since you e been a fan for so long, can you tell me who has a perfect fan base oh holier then thow? I used to get along with you and stick up for you, but sometimes it’s too much man

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

I doubt it they have defensive coach and could not stop our running game. Shane is better playing with backup QB and bad DC. 

Totally agree!!! Caserio has also done a better job in amassing more talent in just TWO seasons than Ballard has in nearly EIGHT. By the way like Joe Buck said the back was WIDE open on the 4th and 1. Now go get a young coach on defensive from the Ravens, Browns, Niners, Jets or Steelers and hire them as dc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I’m pretty sure he’s on a one-year deal, and if so, I highly doubt he stays. He might be able to get another starting role with a team like Washington, and other teams would probably pay him more to back up a QB they’re not sold on yet, like Ridder in Atlanta.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

its better in the long run better draft position .  you really wanna watch minshew put up 100 yards passing in a playoff game ?  i rather not get embarrassed

I for one would have liked to be AFC South champions for the first time in 10 years.

• Like 2

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

he had to rotate his entire body 180 degrees...thats on qb zero question,no grey area.

Hit him in both hands. This is not debatable. If you can’t catch a ball that hits you in both hands then that’s on the receiver.

Just now, coming on strong said:

Not me.  I always want in.  Screw draft position.  99% chance he trades back anyway.  Lol

Just now, NFLfan said:

You don't mean that. Minshew is a competent backup.

he is if he goes in for a game or two  .... long stretches no way he stinks .  we got lucky with a really easy schedule and played a bunch of backup QBs .   i rather have a backup QB that at least can push the ball down field . this game manager type is hard to watch .

13 minutes ago, AKB said:

I'm not defending anything I just said it wasn't a bad call. Not sure why goodson was in over Taylor 

Probably because the defense wouldn't expect it - if JT, Pittman or even Downs runs that route, defense would've been all over them but then again, Goodson is a backup for a reason.

http://espn.com/video/clip?id=39256668 via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

I’m pretty sure he’s on a one-year deal, and if so, I highly doubt he stays. He might be able to get another starting role with a team like Washington, and other teams would probably pay him more to back up a QB they’re not sold on yet, like Ridder in Atlanta.

I for one would have liked to be AFC South champions for the first time in 10 years.

we can be next year  richardson looks electric get him weapons we will be okay