Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Season, 17th game, Saturday, Jan. 6th, 2024

NFLfan

Texans @ Colts  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will JT break 100 yards rushing?

2. 2. Will the Colts defense hold CJ Stroud to 2 or fewer TDs passed?

3. 3. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Texans
    • Game will end in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2024 at 01:30 AM

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Texans have one WR and colts didn’t even bother to cover him.

They did he beat Brents.  Why he didn’t have safety help over the top I am not sure if that was by design or someone blew an assignment.

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

they are using a lot of tight end delay routes to stall the d-line. I mean it’s literally 6 on 4 quite often with one of those guys slipping out to be open underneath. All-in-all, if the offense could move the sticks and put points on the board, we would be praising this defense tonight. 

But they’re still completing 10/13 passes?  

I get the Dline is outnumbered, but the LBs and secondary outnumber their receivers and they’re still completing and scoring. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Your point?  My point was that Stroud has been the difference in the game and deserving the credit he’s getting not that Minshew should be as good as Stroud.

you said he was making the plays minshew wasn’t. He’s a rookie of the year #2 draft pick versus a 6th round backup qb 

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We’re trying our hardest! Weak city my *!!!!

CJ is your typical California goober who doesn’t understand a single thing about the Midwest and thinks he’s above everyone. And no, the cushy pampered job of OSU quarterback doesn’t count as being a midwesterner.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah people not wanting to give Stroud credit are just hatters at this point.  He’s been the difference in the game so far.

He’s a beast!!.. but so is Taylor Henike and Jake browning when you give them 7 secs to throw and play 20 yds off receivers

Just now, Solid84 said:

But they’re still completing 10/13 passes?  

I get the Dline is outnumbered, but the LBs and secondary outnumber their receivers and they’re still completing and scoring. 

because we run a soft zone that any accurate qb with time is going to pick apart. 

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

I don't want to be negative until I have to so... Go Colts...

Gonna be a fun second half .

Yes!

Is it snowing by you? I went out before this game and it was sleeting. It is just raining now.

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

you said he was making the plays minshew wasn’t. He’s a rookie of the year #2 draft pick versus a 6th round backup qb 

Yeah he is, why don’t you read the post I was responding to and see what my point was and not just jump on me for wanting to pick a fight.

Just got into a verbal fight with my father over this game. He has no people skills and is telling me to quit cussing over the game. When I tell him that's how human being act during sports, he calls me sub-human. So I kicked him out of my house. Can't stand fake moral people. Generally have always had a bad relationship with him. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah he is, why don’t you read the post I was responding to and see what my point was and not just jump on me for wanting to pick a fight.

easy brother. I made a statement regarding stroud outperforming minshew and you took offense to it. 

gus keeps sticking thomas in cover 3 as the only deep safety and has cross playing the middle of the field .   thomas keeps messing up the coverage and cover the shorter routes .  that is two wide open touchdowns due to thomas  playing the wrong coverage

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

OLine has fared well this game.  Opened holes for JT and has given Minshew enough time to throw.

Where are they failing?

As whole this season with penalties and injuries they have been a letdown 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Almost any corner on an island is going to get beat there. Safety messed up.

First play 75yards.  Half his total yardage on a broken coverage.  Rookies make mistakes.  This game is very winnable.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

gus needs to find a way to pressure stroud or we are done, could be they have better talent than we do. we need help from the refs

If we lose this game, Gus definitely needs to go - the lack of pressure makes average QBs look good, and good ones look elite.

Very much still in this game. Getting that FG before half was nice as it kept it a one

score game 

Need a turnover…10 quarters without one.  

Offensively, guys need to execute better.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That 1 long TD pass is the chunk of his yards. Outside of that, we have stopped them every time but once.

That’s fine, but any QB in the league would be happy with what Stroud has done so far this game. They have 15 runs for 46 yards. He’s not really getting any help. It’s all him. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

First play 75yards.  Half his total yardage on a broken coverage.  Rookies make mistakes.  This game is very winnable.

That wasn’t on Brents.  My guess is a safety (probably Thomas) blew his assignment.