Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Jaguars predictions

JediXMan

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Colts may be getting Paye, Raimann and Leonard back this week. I also think Will Mallory might play with Mo being out with a concussion.

Hoping no surprises pop up on the list this week, we need everyone healthy for this showdown. I’m really excited to see Mallory back up, the speed he brings makes up for some of the blocking deficiencies he may have.

Game this week vs the Jaguars, I think, will be determining in whether the Colts will legitimately contend for the playoffs or not.  

This game is a key inflection point.

To again lose to the Jags pretty much eliminates the Colts from winning the division (unless the Jags subsequently collapse), whereas to beat the Jags puts the Colts solely into first place and the drivers seat.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Game this week vs the Jaguars, I think, will be determining in whether the Colts will legitimately contend for the playoffs or not.  

This game is a key inflection point.

To again lose to the Jags pretty much eliminates the Colts from winning the division (unless the Jags subsequently collapse), whereas to beat the Jags puts the Colts solely into first place and the drivers seat.

Jags also have to go to NO Thursday. So they have a short week. If somehow colts could win these next two they are in really good shape.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol

Why wouldn't the Jags want them?! Until the Colts change their DEFENSIVE gameplan against the Jags by not allowing their qb to just sit back make a sandwich, sip on some tea and go bird watching while surveying the vast landscape known as the football field it is what it is. To make matters worse they ALLOW the Jag receivers to release UNTOUCHED downfield while our corners sit nearly 10 yds off the line of scrimmage!!!! 

Run some stunts up front. Mix in more man coverage throughout and reroute their receivers within those first 5 yds by taking them off their spot. Go attack mode EARLY! Ramp up the pressure and put Lawrence on his backside often. All these things are what the Texans do against the Jags that we don't. At this point the Jags are COMFORTABLE with the same ol "do what we do" philosophy of our defense. Game one the Colts tightened up in the 2nd half on D so there's hope. If Minshew can play mistake free and IF the defense can get to Lawrence.....   I say  Colts 20 - Jags 17

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If the OL continues to run block well and protect Minshew this team could certainly win. All that said I still worry about the defense and the ability to stop the passing game. 

The time is now for Gardner. He could really make a statement by beating them in his old place. 

I just realized something… It’s a shame for Florida fans to not see Richardson back home playing. 

They’ll have to wait until next year for a homecoming I guess. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 4daUColts said:

Im not sure what the score will be but i think our running game will be good against jacksonville, thier defense needs a reality check after the buffalo game. I would like to see front 4 get after the quarterback and some blitz packages to keep them guessing. 

I think the colts will win, after all the years of destroying them with peyton manning and luck, im still not ready to think theyre an above average team. Steichen goes a long way, and we win this week.

Its off topic but that titans head coach has got some funny looking faces. I could watch them just for the comedy on thuer sidelines. Kinda looked like he had to fart all game, just wouldnt come out.

Hopefully the blitzes hit home.   Lawrence makes our guys miss sometimes!

21 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

After I said don’t look ahead this could be a big when colts play browns next week. 

Browns fans are saying he’s milking his injury as he was medically cleared to practice but didn’t want to. He’s dealing with a shoulder bruise which is much milder than a AC joint sprain. 

22 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Why wouldn't the Jags want them?! Until the Colts change their DEFENSIVE gameplan against the Jags by not allowing their qb to just sit back make a sandwich, sip on some tea and go bird watching while surveying the vast landscape known as the football field it is what it is. To make matters worse they ALLOW the Jag receivers to release UNTOUCHED downfield while our corners sit nearly 10 yds off the line of scrimmage!!!! 

Run some stunts up front. Mix in more man coverage throughout and reroute their receivers within those first 5 yds by taking them off their spot. Go attack mode EARLY! Ramp up the pressure and put Lawrence on his backside often. All these things are what the Texans do against the Jags that we don't. At this point the Jags are COMFORTABLE with the same ol "do what we do" philosophy of our defense. Game one the Colts tightened up in the 2nd half on D so there's hope. If Minshew can play mistake free and IF the defense can get to Lawrence.....   I say  Colts 20 - Jags 17

Under Frank Reich, whether it was Eberflus or Bradley, it was the same old same old Ron Meeks style cushy cushion defense. Hopefully, like we have seen under Steichen, Bradley mixes it up far more with blitzing and tight coverage to force the issue.

• Like 1

Not so much related to this game per sé, but why arent the Colts in first place in the AFC South?

We were after week 2 or 3 when Jax had the head to head win over us at that point.... so why arent we now? We have the better divisional win/loss, we have a better conference win/loss, we have better net points, so what gives?

They must have had it wrong earlier in the season, right? Because head-to-head is supposed to be the first tie breaker, right?

6 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Not so much related to this game per sé, but why arent the Colts in first place in the AFC South?

We were after week 2 or 3 when Jax had the head to head win over us at that point.... so why arent we now? We have the better divisional win/loss, we have a better conference win/loss, we have better net points, so what gives?

They must have had it wrong earlier in the season, right? Because head-to-head is supposed to be the first tie breaker, right?

Because with a two way tie it’s head to head. If Texans had won last week and it was a 3 way tie then colts would be ahead. Because then it’s divisional wins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Because with a two way tie it’s head to head. If Texans had won last week and it was a 3 way tie then colts would be ahead. Because then it’s divisional wins.

Ooooooh, this makes sense.

Thank you for explaining that to the dummy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Which is really a bad rule, it should always be head to head between said top 2 teams, but you are right. Had the Texans won last week we would get the tiebreaker because the Texans beat the Jags and we beat the Texans. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Which is really a bad rule, it should always be head to head between said top 2 teams, but you are right. Had the Texans won last week we would get the tiebreaker because the Texans beat the Jags and we beat the Texans. 

It is always head to head unless there is a 3 way tie. Then you can’t do head to head. We have more division wins so we would be ahead in a 3 way tie.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2023 at 11:04 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It is always head to head unless there is a 3 way tie. Then you can’t do head to head. We have more division wins so we would be ahead in a 3 way tie.

If all 3 teams who are tied have played each other, then head to head still applies.  If Houston beat Atlanta to go 3-2, then Colts, Jags, & Texans head to head would go into effect since we all played each other already and everyone was 1-1.  Afterwards, it goes to the division record where the Colts would have won the tiebreaker with a 2-1 record.

Let's put tiebreakers to rest by beating the Jags so we can hold 1st place alone.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

I love late in the season and getting deep into the weeds of tiebreaker rules. The final tiebreaker (if needed) is always a coin flip

I remember on an occasion some years back that a coinflip was used to break a tie in drafting order.  Here's an amusing scenario:

Imagine that the Chiefs/Chargers week 18 game is flexed to SNF.  Chiefs are 10-6 and SD is 9-7.  Chargers beat the Chiefs, win the West on a tiebreaker.  The point margin in the loss forces all the WC tiebreakers to take effect and it comes down to a coin toss between the Chiefs and another 10-7 team for the final WC slot.  Because Taylor is still dating Travis, the coin toss is nationally televised and Arrowhead stadium is sold out just to view the toss (since KC is the defending SB champ, the toss is held at Arrowhead).  Taylor Swift and Brittany Mahomes are in the luxury suite and the cameras zoom in on them.  Roger Goddell flips the coin, KC loses the coin toss and are out of the postseason.  The camera zooms in on Taylor & Brittany as their makeup is running down their faces due to their excessive tears.  KC fans and Swifties across the country begin to protest and rioting ensues, Taylor breaks up with Travis, and proceeds to write songs for a new breakup album she calls "Coinflip".  She eventually begins a new relationship with...Tom Brady.