Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Titans postgame thread

AwesomeAustin

52 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just got home from the game.

Anyone thought the fans would boo Taylor were sadly mistaken.  He got one of if not the loudest ovation in player intros.

Fact!

What a Game too! Great day to be at Lucas Oil.

I just hope AR is okay.  

• Like 1

I thought the biggest difference  betwewn this game and so many others over the past couple years is that the offense went on an 8 minute drive that kept the defense fresh for the end, instead of going 3 and out and putting the d right back on the field.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Hark said:

I thought the biggest difference  betwewn this game and so many others over the past couple years is that the offense went on an 8 minute drive that kept the defense fresh for the end, instead of going 3 and out and putting the d right back on the field.

Pound the rock

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Fries is making me eat my words. I wanted us to get someone else at his spot and didn't believe he can play at high level, but he's been one of our best OLinemen. Good for him! Great development. 

I felt Freeland played a solid game too... 

Yeah… fries make me eat all the time, so tempting.

Starving Season 12 GIF by The Bachelorette

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

Yeah… fries make me eat all the time, so tempting.

Starving Season 12 GIF by The Bachelorette

Fries is following in the foot steps of his predecessor nicely and becoming a similar player on this line and you need a guy like that.  They can’t all be high picks with big contracts.  I’ve had hope for Fries since he held his own vs Chris Jones last year.  I am glad to see my hope is being rewarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Post Game Thoughts

• It wasn't the Big Ticket players that did it this game.  Not Richardson.  Not Taylor.  Not Leonard.  It was Minshew and Moss and Franklin and Downs.
  • Let's not kid ourselves.  We didn't dominate this game.  Not in any way.  We made opportune plays at opportune moments.
  • Our young DB's are still struggling.  I like the progress that Brents is making.  But we allowed the opposing team's primary receiver to romp all over us again.
  • Kwity was out.  And then Ebukam went out too.  Our DL was having terrible difficulty getting to the QB.
  • We did, however, put the screws on Travis Henry.
  • BIGGEST PLUS - We didn't blow a 4th quarter lead.  Something we did over and over and over again last year.

Savor the victory.  But don't read too much into it.  Just like with Baltimore, we beat a team we shouldn't have.  It's a good feeling.  But it doesn't mean we're all that.  We're not.  Yet.  But we won.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

Post Game Thoughts

• It wasn't the Big Ticket players that did it this game.  Not Richardson.  Not Taylor.  Not Leonard.  It was Minshew and Moss and Franklin and Downs.
  • Let's not kid ourselves.  We didn't dominate this game.  Not in any way.  We made opportune plays at opportune moments.
  • Our young DB's are still struggling.  I like the progress that Brents is making.  But we allowed the opposing team's primary receiver to romp all over us again.
  • Kwity was out.  And then Ebukam went out too.  Our DL was having terrible difficulty getting to the QB.
  • BIGGEST PLUS - We didn't blow a 4th quarter lead.  Something we did over and over and over again last year.

Savor the victory.  But don't read too much into it.  Just like with Baltimore, we beat a team we shouldn't have.  It's a good feeling.  But it doesn't mean we're all that.  We're not.  Yet.  But we won.

Franklin is a Big Ticket Player

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Franklin is a Big Ticket Player

He's certainly becoming one.

But let's not forget -- he was a 7th round pick.  He worked his @#$# off to get to where he his.  And deserves props for it.  But he was never considered "big ticket" when we drafted him.  And I feel he won't get that label until he goes to a pro bowl.  

5 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

The Colts ground game and run defense disagree with this statement.

Also the Colts won the turnover battle, won time of possession, had more first downs, had way more rush yards, and had all of 20 less passing yards despite throwing 10 less times.  How exactly were the Colts not the better team today?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts ground game and run defense disagree with this statement.

Also the Colts won the turnover battle, won time of possession, had more first downs, had way more rush yards, and had all of 20 less passing yards despite throwing 10 less times.  How exactly were the Colts not the better team today?

Oh, I agree they were the better team.  Or, at least, they played better than the other team, as a whole.  But I didn't think we Dominated.

It's just a matter of degree.

We did the right things at the right time to win.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just got home from the game.

Anyone thought the fans would boo Taylor were sadly mistaken.  He got one of if not the loudest ovation in player intros.

What a day for the oline!  For all those calling for the team to move on from Kelly please stop.  The middle of that line, which he leads being the center, took a defensive front that was averaging allowing less the 3 ypc and blew them off the ball all day long and opened lanes for Moss to run through.  Kelly back to the pro-bowl level he used to play at.  

Moss is playing so well.  It’s a luxury not to have to rush Taylor and now they have a really nasty two headed monster.

Josh Downs was a find.  Six catches on six targets for just under 100 yards.

Credit the job Jim Bob Cooter has done having to switch the offense from Richardson to Minshew in game more than once and it’s been very effective for the most part.

The d-line did not have their best pass rushing day but them and the linebackers held Henry in check including coming up with a massive fourth and one stuff.  13 handoffs for 43 yards for Henry.  Job well done.

The secondary yikes.  The Colts had no answer for Hopkins who is a great player but really only one made one catch where he was really well covered that you just go great players make great plays.  The rest he was running wide open through the Colts secondary but they were also getting zero help from the pass rush until very late.

Richardson.  So much talent but man these injury concerns are very real.  Dude is made of glass.  He’s not taking hits where he’s being wreckless for the most part either.  He’s getting hurt on normal NFL tackles.  Either he’s just had a very bad stretch of bad luck of he is injury prone.

Colts need to extend Minshew either this season or this off-season.  You aren’t going to find a better back up in the NFL and until Richardson proves he can stay healthy they will need a high end back up QB.  

Shane remains too aggressive.  Yes the fourth down stop when the Titans could have kicked a field goal kinda canceled out his failed fourth down call but I understood the Titans call more.  The Colts were in a score or get no points situation because of the clock.  Take.  The.  Points.

Steichen calls the plays. And we are running his offense.

Jim Bob would of course oversee the weekly game planning with the position coaches.

For all the new being put together, our guys are executing creative blocking and are playing with a lot of effort. 

"Credit the job Jim Bob Cooter has done having to switch the offense from Richardson to Minshew in game more than once and it’s been very effective for the most part."

5 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Oh, I agree they were the better team.  Or, at least, they played better than the other team, as a whole.  But I didn't think we Dominated.

It's just a matter of degree.

We did the right things at the right time to win.

If you agree that the Colts were the better team then they didn’t win a game they shouldn’t have won like you said in your first post.  

Also, the Colts did dominate on both sides of the ball on the ground so that is an area of the game they dominated.  This is the NFL you aren’t going to dominate all aspects of a game and put up 70 and beat a team by 50 points unless you are the Dolphins playing the Broncos lol.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Post Game Thoughts

What this teams needs most to take next step. Richardson needs to remain healthy and we need a man corner and a wr who can separate and go deep. 

12 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

But let's not forget -- he was a 7th round pick.  He worked his @#$# off to get to where he his.  And deserves props for it.  But he was never considered "big ticket" when we drafted him.  And I feel he won't get that label until he goes to a pro bowl.  

We can scratch your words, but one can see that he IS headed to his 1st Pro Bowl and perhaps more. Franklin has upped his game thanks to last year's experience and he is making really good plays at the highest volume. 

He has surprised the heck out of me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

We can scratch your words, but one can see that he IS headed to his 1st Pro Bowl and perhaps more. Franklin has upped his game thanks to last year's experience and he is making really good plays at the highest volume. 

He has surprised the heck out of me.

I mean Franklin has been a beast in there what a find by Ballard. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ryan43 said:

I agree with this. The way the player took him to the ground and all of his weight just drove into the ground.

He was questionable to return which could be good news. But we will have to wait and see. I heard the X-rays were negative but that is not official. 

We have a decent team… not world beater…but a decent team

The fact is …. With just 2 or 3 changes in  plays….This team is 5-0

This team could win a playoff game ….maybe 2

Richardson will get healthy and should keep improving. 

Our OL is top 2-3

Our DL is top 10

Our RB room is best in NFL

Our TE Room is top 5

but 

We have a current hole at CB

might be worth a trade to a team heading the wrong way

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I mean Franklin has been a beast in there what a find by Ballard. 

Franklin has made himself into an excellent playmaker. He is getting to the right spot quicker this season and making more tackles closer to the  LOS.

Oh for a healthy Shaq. lol

3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

We have a decent team… not world beater

Our OL is top 5

Our DL is top 10

I would be so tempted to trade our number for a shutdown corner or wr. I like Brents a lot, but no one on this team scares the opposing D. I am so shocked by Pierce's development.  He had a really good rookie year. Maybe he only has 2 moves, and that is it. He's Randy Moss without the length, height, speed, jumping ability, and hands lol.

• Like 1

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Franklin has made himself into an excellent playmaker. He is getting to the right spot quicker this season and making more tackles closer to the  LOS.

Oh for a healthy Shaq. lol

Did you think Shaq was still hurt before this current groin injury?

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

We have a decent team… not world beater

Our OL is top 5

Our DL is top 10

I think if we win in Jacksonville Ballard will be tempted to make some calls.  This team could surprise and I think he realizes it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I would be so tempted to trade our number for a shutdown corner or wr. I like Brents a lot, but no one on this team scares the opposing D. I am so shocked by Pierce's development.  He had a really good rookie year. Maybe he only has 2 moves, and that is it. He's Randy Moss without the length, height, speed, jumping ability, and hands lol.

I would be tempted to trade a 3 or even a 2nd for a decent CB. 

not a 1

54 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Franklin is not a player the mainstream NFL (Taylor Swift) crowd recognizes. but to anyone paying attention, 0ver the past few years, he has become a force. Fantastic defensive player.

• Like 3