Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Worth mentioning Schefter has at least one good source close to the Colts because he broke the Luck story.  So of all the insiders I trust him the most with Colts news.

I saw another video inside that clip from former GM Mike Tannenbaum. He also said he didn't think the deal would get done either.

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

One way or the other it will within the next 11.5 hours.

Either trade him

Transfer to regular season PUP (minimum 4 games missed)

Activate him to active roster

1 of those 3 will happen

11.5? Heck, it ends by 4 pm today. So 9 hours ish away

11 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

I go with back to PUP

That’s what my money is on. Then they’ll likely keep working towards some kind of trade. This is actually the worst case as it likely extends the drama

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Still early. My math isn't mathing. Lol

Explaining Fran Healy GIF by Travis

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That’s what my money is on. Then they’ll likely keep working towards some kind of trade. This is actually the worst case as it likely extends the drama

And he can't be traded while on the PUP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I've checked this page a lot in preseason to figure out who some guys were during games.

Hadn't been looking for JT during that time so not sure if this is new or if he wasn't listed since he was on PUP, but still think he should've been listed.

He's listed on the site under PUP:

https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/

Probably that list doesn't show on the mobile version... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No but they can be working a trade deal in the back ground with far less media attention 

Think there would still be plenty of attention on it, definitely less though as football games will be being played.

• Like 1

Dudes gonna be here past 4.  If he's on Pup that will be weird, as that does nothing for anyone, as he can't be traded for four weeks...and can't play, or even practice....  no plus to that for us, and none for him except that he gets his base salary and no fines,?

Where it goes from there ....  who knows, but I think every week that goes by past week four and he's not playing and on the sidelines, his value is at best static....  and likely dropping at least slightly. 

I think he is here, and plays here week 5-on if not from week 1.  I think they will actually try and sign him to a 36 up to 45/three years with incentives deal, 24/guaranteed.  If he shows he is healthy and balls out..... 

Our two most likely scenarios today. #1 Take less than they wanted and listen to them justify it as a win, or #2 He stays probably PUP's for the first 4 games and we keep the drama train rollin.....not good for the team either way.....

8 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Our two most likely scenarios today. #1 Take less than they wanted and listen to them justify it as a win, or #2 He stays probably PUP's for the first 4 games and we keep the drama train rollin.....not good for the team either way.....

I choose scenario 2 everyday and any-day! Let’s get ready for the Moss Train off the RPO! Possibly with a club on his arm for the first few weeks.  

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I choose scenario 2 everyday and any-day! Let’s get ready for the Moss Train off the RPO! Possibly with a club on his arm for the first few weeks.  

Zach Moss Stats 

301 attempts

1282 Yards

4.3 YPC

9 TD’s

1 FUMBLE!

The Art of the Possible!! 

• Like 1

I am starting to think JT won't be traded. He still could be but I never bought into the hype that he would be. Irsay done all of this to let JT explore and see what his worth is and for RB's it isn't high. Regarding twitter and the media, most of those people were believing what the agent started. Then they ran with it and it became an overblown story. I nor anyone has heard JT actually say he wants traded. It was his agent and the media saying it.

If anyone has a link that JT says he wants to be traded, I will say I was wrong. If he has, I missed that one.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am starting to think JT won't be traded. He still could be but I never bought into the hype that he would be. Irsay done all of this to let JT explore and see what his worth is and for RB's it isn't high. Regarding twitter and the media, most of those people were believing what the agent started. Then they ran with it and it became an overblown story. I nor anyone has heard JT actually say he wants traded. It was his agent and the media saying it.

If anyone has a link that JT says he wants to be traded, I will say I was wrong. If he has, I missed that one.

His agent speaks for him…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

His agent speaks for him…

I knew people would say that but if he wanted traded or was that unhappy, he would have said so. A lot of players have done so in the past. Hell, I remember in basketball years ago Kobe Bryant in an interview said he wanted traded from the Lakers unless they get him help, that was after Shaq left.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It can't be a loose deadline IMO. Rosters have to be determined along with RB plan moving forward. Could the Colts be content with Hull and Jackson until Moss is back, sure, but I really do believe that some in the building would either like to have Taylor or in the event Taylor is traded, Kareem Hunt. It wouldn't surprise me if there has been an agreement where Hunt would be the starter should Taylor get traded. Whatever is going to happen has to happen today.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think some people and the media thinks we are just going give them Taylor for a 2nd rounder and nothing else, that isn't happening, if it does that makes us look bad. That would be a terrible trade on our part. 

They're also chomping at the bit to be the first to break the news were Taylor to indeed be traded. Now that it's not happening they're backtracking. An important note: most of these people on Twitter aren't real reporters or media professionals. They're just random people throwing darts blinding at the board hoping it sticks and they get a lot of views. 

Not even sure why people do this. Twitter isn't like YouTube where it could eventually pay you for having so many viewers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

They're also chomping at the bit to be the first to break the news were Taylor to indeed be traded. Now that it's not happening they're backtracking. An important note: most of these people on Twitter aren't real reporters or media professionals. They're just random people throwing darts blinding at the board hoping it sticks and they get a lot of views. 

Not even sure why people do this. Twitter isn't like YouTube where it could eventually pay you for having so many viewers.

If I am the GM of our team. I only trade him if I get a 1st round pick in 2024 and either get a good O.Lineman or good CB that is 27 or younger to go with that. Robert Hunt just turned 27 4 days ago, I would take him and a 1st round pick in 2024 for example.

If I don't get that, I keep Taylor and he, the Owner, and I have a long talk in my office about football and maybe getting a deal done. I would still throw him the offer of 3 years/39 Million and guarantee him 25 Million. I could not see him passing that up after all this nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If his agent is lying in representing JT, then JT should fire him.

That he is still JT's agent seems to imply that what his agent says is what Taylor thinks/wants.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I am the GM of our team. I only trade him if I get a 1st round pick in 2024 and either get a good O.Lineman or good CB that is younger than 27 to go with that.

If I don't get that, I keep Taylor and he, the Owner, and I have a long talk in my office about football and maybe getting a deal done. I would still throw him the offer of 3 years/39 Million and guarantee him 25 Million. I could not see him passing that up after all this nonsense. 

I agree. Shoot just give him the Jacobs deal and shake hands and get to work. 

At this point it looks like:

1. Taylor wants a new deal done yesterday. 

2. The Colts say, show us your healthy and then we'll talk. 

3. Taylor doesn't want to show us he's healthy until he has a deal.

And so the wheel continues to spin round and round...

• Like 1

Just now, iuswingman said:

If his agent is lying in representing JT, then JT should fire him.

That he is still JT's agent seems to imply that what his agent says is what Taylor thinks/wants.

@csmoparposted the same thing, it is a great counter to my thinking because others are going to post that too, but a lot of players that are real unhappy, just flat out say they want out. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I agree. Shoot just give him the Jacobs deal and shake hands and get to work. 

At this point it looks like:

1. Taylor wants a new deal done yesterday. 

2. The Colts say, show us your healthy and then we'll talk. 

3. Taylor doesn't want to show us he's healthy until he has a deal.

And so the wheel continues to spin round and round...

That is another issue? Is he injured or not?

• Like 1