Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

51 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Interesting

What difference does it make if he was at practice? all he does is stand there or walk around

I would find it off if Colts decided to accept dolphins trade he would of been at practice.

Just now, w87r said:

Yeah, he is on his 5th year option right now.

He must of been a older rookie then. Yeah keep Grover he is cheaper.

5 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

So why not just make the trade because he has to pass a physical to prove he’s healthy then hold him to his contract and available franchise tags

Because he could pass his physical and if you make a trade below value you are stuck with the bad trade.

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Marco Brown spent most of the fall scouting Richardson before 90% of the people on this site and possibly even Steichen knew Richardson even existed. Steichen had his hands full as an OC and doubt he scouted a lot of prospects during the season. Steichen has yet to win a game as a head coach in the NFL and your ready to turn over the keys to an NFL franchise. Wise move Moose.

If Richardson balls out who blocks for him? Who catches his passes? Who prevents the other team from scoring? Might some of thee guys be some Ballard draft choices? Like Nelson, Smith, Leonard, Pittman, Pierce, Downs to name a few?

Premium positions. Show me the talent!!

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol

This sounds like some random gossip from a random dude, but if even slightly true, this will break down because of the amount of guaranteed money Taylor demands. 

What we touched upon @Superman - I still think the guaranteed money will be the major hindrance for Taylor. Nobody will give him what he demand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

and considering when and where he was drafted, he should

I agree with you in your response to @Restinpeacesweetchloe that Paye SHOULD have ten sacks if healthy this season considering his draft position but I think that will be a reach for him because he had a grand total of 11.5 sacks for his ENTIRE 4 yr career at Michigan. The Colts need an ELITE pass rusher and that's not Paye's game. He's a solid de that plays hard but long-term I believe that he'll come up short as that game changing de that's been missing from this defense for years now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

I agree with you in your response to @Restinpeacesweetchloe that Paye SHOULD have ten sacks if healthy this season considering his draft position but I think that will be a reach for him because he had a grand total of 11.5 sacks for his ENTIRE 4 yr career at Michigan. The Colts need an ELITE pass rusher and that's not Paye's game. He's a solid de that plays hard but long-term I believe that he'll come up short as that game changing de that's been missing from this defense for years now.

The young corners will also determine how many sacks colts have. They have to be able to cover long enough.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Yeah, but that goes both ways to much greater a factor than the common fan is able to discern.....

Agreed, IMHO

If the CBs have to cover for forever, and there is no pressure, this team is cooked

The CBs (all DBs) play better if the DE succeed 

6 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Right, I never thought of Kwity as an elite pass rusher. My point is, considering where he was drafted, it should be expected of him to have a solid impact during games. Should be a force making plays, both against the run and pass.

After a promising rookie season, we all thought he would come into his own in year two,...

but yet, he seemed to disappear a bit, in 2022. This should be a deciding season for Paye, does he make the jump to greatness? Or end up "just a guy"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Right, I never thought of Kwity as an elite pass rusher. My point is, considering where he was drafted, it should be expected of him to have a solid impact during games. Should be a force making plays, both against the run and pass.

After a promising rookie season, we all thought he would come into his own in year two,...

but yet, he seemed to disappear a bit, in 2022. This should be a deciding season for Paye, does he make the jump to greatness? Or end up "just a guy"

He didn’t disappear. He would of had ten sacks. Just couldn’t stay healthy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Yeah, but that goes both ways to much greater a factor than the common fan is able to discern.....

Good point. It's easy to say our young corners can't hold the coverage long enough for our pass rushers to get to the QB...

But it seems more likely to me, with this group, that it will be our rushers who cannot get to the QB fast enough for the coverage to hold.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He didn’t disappear. He would of had ten sacks. Just couldn’t stay healthy.

But isn't being hurt too often the excuse with Colts players that underachieve? 

Heard this over and over, Kelly, Nelson, Leonard, etc... and on and on.

Sometimes it gets old, that guys would do this, or that, if only they had been healthy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

But isn't being hurt too often the excuse with Colts players that underachieve? 

Heard this over and over, Kelly, Nelson, Leonard, etc... and on and on.

Sometimes it gets old, that guys would do this, or that, if only they had been healthy.

Well injuries aren’t the fault of a player. Just bad circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Good point. It's easy to say our young corners can't hold the coverage long enough for our pass rushers to get to the QB...

But it seems more likely to me, with this group, that it will be our rushers who cannot get to the QB fast enough for the coverage to hold.

Is this still JT posting or new one on others aspects of the team?

• Like 1

Well injuries aren’t the fault of a player. Just bad circumstances.

Ok, maybe Paye missed some time because he was hurt? I kind of remember he had some injury issues. (and I am too lazy to search google to see his stats from last year)

But what I saw was... Our pass rush stunk when Paye was out, and our pass rush stunk when he was in.

...Of course injuries are not the players fault, but also they are not a free pass for poor performance.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Ok, maybe Paye missed some time because he was hurt? I kind of remember he had some injury issues. (and I am too lazy to search google to see his stats from last year)

But what I saw was... Our pass rush stunk when Paye was out, and our pass rush stunk when he was in.

...Of course injuries are not the players fault, but also they are not a free pass for poor performance.

He missed quite a bit of time with a ankle. I am just one of those people that refuse to call players busts or not living up to their potential when it’s injuries or bad circumstances that really isn’t their fault. It’s just the way I look at things. Like everyone calling Lance a bust. Just bad circumstances.

He missed quite a bit of time with a ankle. I am just one of those people that refuse to call players busts or not living up to their potential when it’s injuries or bad circumstances that really isn’t their fault. It’s just the way I look at things. Like everyone calling Lance a bust. Just bad circumstances.

Right, and neither am I calling him a bust, but unless he comes on, he is getting closer

as I said in my post above... This should be a deciding season for Paye, does he make the jump to greatness? Or end up "just a guy"

Sorry for going "off topic"

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Right, and neither am I calling him a bust, but unless he comes on, he is getting closer

as I said in my post above... This should be a deciding season for Paye, does he make the jump to greatness? Or end up "just a guy"

Sorry for going "off topic"

I agree with the deciding season. Him and Dayo are both at the point where they need to show enough where colts want to extend them. At lest one of them.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

According to Sterling, Taylor was at practice. Make with that info what you will... Which is basically nothing. 

Yesterday ? Yes he was.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Eagles ?

A Bleacher Report this morning said the Dolphins have offered multiple packages to the Colts in the hopes of acquiring Taylor but so far the Colts are not satisfied with the offers.  The Dolphins appear to be trying hard.   Another team making an offer.  Perfect storm for the Colts.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

A Bleacher Report this morning said the Dolphins have offered multiple packages to the Colts in the hopes of acquiring Taylor but so far the Colts are not satisfied with the offers.  The Dolphins appear to be trying hard.   Another team making an offer.  Perfect storm for the Colts.

If there is a trade, then PLEASE let it include G or T

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I just really hope Ballard isn’t playing hardball. You don’t have leverage in this situation. Taylor is still injured and has to be extended. IMO get a pick that you can use to draft another RB with next year (so a 2024 2nd or 3rd round pick) and another day 2 pick. Asking for anything more would be insane.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

I just really hope Ballard isn’t playing hardball. You don’t have leverage in this situation. Taylor is still injured and has to be extended. IMO get a pick that you can use to draft another RB with next year (so a 2024 2nd or 3rd round pick) and another day 2 pick. Asking for anything more would be insane.

According to reports he already has two offers that involve a 2nd rd pick.  With Miami already making multiple offers Ballard is in a good spot.  They want him bad.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a new contract already agreed to with Taylor.  For me he has a lot of leverage and a deadline is approaching.  A perfect storm for Ballard.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10087512-report-reps-feel-jonathan-taylor-eyes-14m-15m-aav-contract-amid-colts-trade-rumors

Report: Reps Feel Jonathan Taylor Eyes $14M-$15M AAV Contract amid Colts Trade Rumors

...As the Indianapolis Colts continue to search for a trade partner for Jonathan Taylor, we may be getting a better idea of what the disgruntled running back wants in a new contract.

Mike Jones of The Athletic reported "talent evaluators and player representatives" around the league believe Taylor is looking for $14-15 million on an annual basis in a new deal...

• Like 1