Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Did you watch the eagles last year?  

Of course, that's usually how I form my opinions.  There were a lot of designed runs.  But Hurts is much more than that.  And while he succeeded at the designed runs, he was good because he can do more things than run.  

I had dinner and lost the train of the convo.  Are we still talking about AR and expectations, or just bickering over the minutia of Hurts running stats, however they are compiled?

33 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Of course, that's usually how I form my opinions.  There were a lot of designed runs.  But Hurts is much more than that.  And while he succeeded at the designed runs, he was good because he can do more things than run.  

I had dinner and lost the train of the convo.  Are we still talking about AR and expectations, or just bickering over the minutia of Hurts running stats, however they are compiled?

It's the offense that's going to be run.  Do you think it's coincidence the Colts drafted an athlete at QB?   He will have designed runs....  lots of them

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I won’t be shocked if they are exploring a trade for Taylor and that’s another reason he isn’t practicing.

IDK the boss has spoken.

I think he isn't practicing because he says he is hurt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he said yes they will trade him what happens to his trade value? It tanks.

Doesn't matter, if we were to trade him, we are not giving him away. So whether he says we would or wouldn't doesn't matter to much in that regard, imo.

35 minutes ago, w87r said:

Doesn't matter, if we were to trade him, we are not giving him away. So whether he says we would or wouldn't doesn't matter to much in that regard, imo.

Giving him away? At this point want do u think a rb is worth who wants a new deal in today's market who doesn't want to play for his current team? A 5th or 6th rounder? I bet the Colts would just bury him and send him home if it got bad rather than trading him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I won’t be shocked if they are exploring a trade for Taylor and that’s another reason he isn’t practicing.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he said yes they will trade him what happens to his trade value? It tanks.

Chloe…. 

We are all sailing in uncharted water….   So I think the Colts trading Taylor ASAP is possible.   But I don’t think it’s likely.   

August trades are viewed as fire sale deals,  get him off the roster deals.   The Colts would get pennies on the dollar in any trade now for Taylor.   Ballard knows this. 

So hopefully, CB and Irsay can be patient and hold on until early or mid-March.   That’s when you get as close to 100 cents on the dollar as possible.   That’s when Ballard did his trade with the Jets in 2018 for three 2’s.   It’s when Ballard traded for Buckner in 2020.   It’s likely that’s when the Colts would want to do a deal for Taylor.

Again…. Unchartered water….  Anything is possible.   But March is far more desirable than August or the trade deadline in November.   

Hope this helps….. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chloe…. 

We are all sailing in uncharted water….   So I think the Colts trading Taylor ASAP is possible.   But I don’t think it’s likely.   

August trades are viewed as fire sale deals,  get him off the roster deals.   The Colts would get Penni’s on the dollar in any trade now for Taylor.   Ballard knows this. 

So hopefully, CB and Irsay can be patient and hold on until early mid-March.   That’s when you get as close to 100 cents on the dollar as possible.   That’s when Ballard did his trade with the Jets in 2018 for three 2’s.   It’s when Ballard traded for Buckner.   It’s likely that’s when the Colts would want to do a deal for Taylor.

Again…. Unchartered water….  Anything is possible.   But March is far more desirable than August or the trade deadline in November.   

Hope this helps….. 

Only way to do it in March is tag and trade, unless Taylor gets put in NFI, still refuses to play and his year doesn't toll. Which would be a pretty dumb move.

Tag and trade is very feasible and if he is moved it would most likely be then.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Only way to do it in March is tag and trade, unless Taylor gets put in NFI, still refuses to play and his year doesn't toll. Which would be a pretty dumb move.

Tag and trade is very feasible and if he is moved it would most likely be then.

Yes, sorry I wasn’t more clear.   Thanks for adding that.   That’s helpful.   And if the Colts decide to move on from JT (which I’d prefer not) this is the best time to do it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chloe…. 

August trades are viewed as fire sale deals,  get him off the roster deals.   The Colts would get pennies on the dollar in any trade now for Taylor.   Ballard knows this. 

So hopefully, CB and Irsay can be patient and hold on until early or mid-March.   That’s when you get as close to 100 cents on the dollar as possible.   That’s when Ballard did his trade with the Jets in 2018 for three 2’s.   It’s when Ballard traded for Buckner in 2020.   It’s likely that’s when the Colts would want to do a deal for Taylor.

Hope this helps….. 

Never pick a fight with w billionaire. He maybe wrong and come across as childish but in the end they will always win lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chloe…. 

Hope this helps….. 

The November deadline could work. All it takes is a major injury for a playoff team and we could have an organization desperate enough. 

8 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Doesn’t mean he can’t tho, not his fault they run him more then sending him out for passes. He can get 80 catches also if they planned their game around him doing that. 

With all due respect, I don't know if that's the case.  What if there is a reason that they didn't pass to JT as often as those other backs? It's completely different catching a pass out of the flat or the backfield like JT usually does, and running actual short routes, getting open, and consistently making the catch.  RBs who are great pass catchers usually get plays designed for them to do so and excel, because it's another weapon for the team.  Not every back is a great pass catching RB like Faulk and Edge were.  It's not as simple as just throwing him the ball more.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Really makes me miss the old days. 

When we had Peyton from 2003-2009, we automatically won 12 games a year = 7 straight years. Even got a SB win in 2006. It was all business with #18 back there. 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jake Arthur said today was the first day he saw Taylor limp lol.

homer GIF- the look on Marge's face is priceless. Homer is something else faking that stuff haha 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superman said:

So why isn't he on NFI then? If the team looked into it and cleared it, then why is it coming up through back channels now? 

I don't know what's true and what isn't about the back injury.  Obviously no one knows for sure.  Regarding the NFI - Could it be that the Colts do indeed have an option for the NFI, but they aren't going to put him in there at this point because it would make an already tense/bad situation even worse? Putting someone on NFI is almost like a nuclear option, as you're pretty much financially screwing the guy.  

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

the colts are calling his bluff on a injury he says he has and I think he got caught.

This may be the case.  However, even if they truly have the option to put him on NFI, I don't think they'll do it at this point.  It would be like dropping an atomic bomb on an already horrible situation.  

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

Minutiae, impressive!

1 hour ago, kymd82222 said:

With all due respect, I don't know if that's the case.  What if there is a reason that they didn't pass to JT as often as those other backs? It's completely different catching a pass out of the flat or the backfield like JT usually does, and running actual short routes, getting open, and consistently making the catch.  RBs who are great pass catchers usually get plays designed for them to do so and excel, because it's another weapon for the team.  Not every back is a great pass catching RB like Faulk and Edge were.  It's not as simple as just throwing him the ball more.  

It literally is, aka ravens game and bills game prime examples

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

Tooo much drama.  not a good way to start the season.

I agree. Too much drama on the forum. Too many people trashing each other just because they have a difference of opinion. Even supposedly "new" posters are thrashing other posters. SMH

Eyeroll Wow GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

This may be the case.  However, even if they truly have the option to put him on NFI, I don't think they'll do it at this point.  It would be like dropping an atomic bomb on an already horrible situation.  

I think they are really considering it because their ultimate goal is to get Taylor to play this year on this contract.  If they let him stay on PUP there is really no reason for him to come back until he gets what he wants and if he doesn’t he just doesn’t play this year and can become a free agent at season’s end if the Colts don’t tag him.  

Putting him on the NFI pretty much forces him to at least practice if he wants to get paid.  I do think the Colts will watch any “injury” that comes up closely but I also question if Taylor would fake an injury at that point.  He wants a big contract and the whole reason teams don’t want to give running backs big contracts is they fear their bodies breaking down.  He already had an injury riddled season last year and if were to go on IR this year, even if it’s being done for contract reasons, teams would label him as his body is breaking down thus making it even harder to get what he wants.  

I still think at some point Taylor is going to suit up and play this year because that’s his best path to get what he ultimately wants.  It might take awhile and it could get more ugly and more nasty between now and then but frankly once you get to real games and missing real game checks that changes things.  One running back has actually held out all year and that didn’t end well for him, yes he got paid short term but he ultimately didn’t get much of that money as he was shadow of himself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Superman said:

It would be really stupid, and unnecessary, and wouldn't help at all. If JT and his side brought up a back injury, then they really don't know what they're doing.

The other thing I can think of is...  what if it's not JT and agent that reported it(maybe they even didn't know anything about it)... what if it's the Colts that found something(on a scan) with his back and are now using it as leverage play? 

I'm just trying to make sense of it all... but again... this goes against Holder's report that it was Taylor that reported it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

It's the offense that's going to be run.  Do you think it's coincidence the Colts drafted an athlete at QB?   He will have designed runs....  lots of them

I think it would be borderline malpractice to have Anthony Richardson and not use his best game breaking abilities. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, stitches said:

The other thing I can think of is...  what if it's not JT and agent that reported it(maybe they even didn't know anything about it)... what if it's the Colts that found something(on a scan) with his back and are now using it as leverage play? 

I'm just trying to make sense of it all... but again... this goes against Holder's report that it was Taylor that reported it. 

JT publicly stated he has no back pain or back issues