Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Rams post game thread

Solid84

38 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Colts without Manning? ... that's a weak argument.

not debating or making an argument.... NE has been a bottom third team since Brady left... A damning statement that we loss to them last year.

The Colts Franchise is looking up!

Go :coltslogo:

2 hours ago, Introspect said:

And why did the Colts pass on Nacua  4 times in the 5th is the bigger question...

Why did all of the other teams pass on him? Look at his college stats.  His best season was 805 yards in 12 games.  Last year he had 625 yards in 9 games. Nothing amazing about his 40 time.  Average build.  He wasn't a slouch, but there's a reason he went 5th round.  It happens.  As others have said, when Kupp is back, Puka's production will tail off, at least a bit.  

• Thanks 1

Not too upset. Defense was much worse than I thought but they pulled together some clutch stops in the second half. O line did much better than I anticipated except for Aaron Donald Eviscerating all of our O lineman on every play which I expected anyways. Richardson looks better than advertised. Pierce is a dissapointment so far. We proved that we are team that can erase a 20+ point deficit which should give our guys confidence in any game no matter what's going on. 

1 hour ago, Introspect said:

not debating or making an argument.... NE has been a bottom third team since Brady left... A damning statement that we loss to them last year.

The Colts Franchise is looking up!

Go :coltslogo:

My point was it was exciting game to watch us win.  Taylor hit that hole,  and it was amazing to me.  And yes, go Colts!  AR is fun to watch, and hopefully Taylor contributes going forward!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have our LT. So thank goodness that is fixed.  We have some big holes on defense so if we can get a corner that is worthy of a first that would be great. Or even a safety. 

He should of been the 3tech to start the game. 

I agree 100%.  They should have at least slid him there for OT.  Bryan was getting destroyed. As was Johnson. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

People were complaining about him too (before today).  I think he has a great year this year and takes advantage of his snaps.

Yeah I saw someone either last week or the week before say the Dayo experiment needed to be over.  I didn’t say anything because it wasn’t worth the argument that would have followed but I just kinda went hunh?  He’s been pretty good this year.

• Like 1

I’m the positive side for a team a lot of people thought would only win 4 games. We have had a good start to the season, and our biggest problem on offense (aside from WR) is inconsistency which is to be expected with a new coach and QB as the season goes on hopefully we will get more consistent. 

36 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Freeland, Ogletree, and Cross needs to be on the field. 

At 1st it was about sureing up RG with Smith now it's getting Freeland more playing time.

You understand that Freeland was only on  the field because Raimann was concussed, right?

So if Raimann and Smith are healthy, where is Freeland supposed to play? 

11 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Tyreek Hill was a 5th rounder. It happens. 

FWIW:    Hill was a 5th rounder not because if physical ability, but due to massive character concerns which teams knew about but fans didn’t.  

I only know about it because Ballard has talked about it.   Said he was charged with doing the profile on Hill, the good and bad.  KC wanted to know what kind of person they’d be drafting if they took Hill.  

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Nope. I think a player loses the distinction of being elite when he leaves and the guys who replace him put up similar production. That's when it is scheme.

If that were the case then every receiver in the Rams would be elite.  But they aren’t, are they?   

10 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Remember...most of the experts told us AR is a 3 year project 

That’s because he IS a 3-year project!

Do you not think he’s going to improve throughout this year?    Don’t you think he’ll improve next year?    And the year after?   AR has a ton to learn.   Everything he didn’t learn in college he has to learn at the NFL level which is incredibly hard.  AR is far from a finished prospect.   

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:    Hill was a 5th rounder not because if physical ability, but due to massive character concerns which teams knew about but fans didn’t.  

I only know about it because Ballard has talked about it.   Said he was charged with doing the profile on Hill, the good and bad.  KC wanted to know what kind of person they’d be drafting if they took Hill.  

That’s fair. I guess my overall point is it’s good to sometimes overlook where a player was drafted and see them for what they are based on their performance and merits. It’s too early to crown the kid as elite, but he’s made an excellent start to his career and is showing to be reliable. 

• Like 1

Do you not think he’s going to improve throughout this year?    Don’t you think he’ll improve next year?    And the year after?   AR has a ton to learn.   Everything he didn’t learn in college he has to learn at the NFL level which is incredibly hard.  AR is far from a finished prospect.   

:lol: :facepalm:

Confucius GIF

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry to disappoint you but this team is good enough to win the AFC South THIS year...not 4 or 5 years down the road like you seem to think....and that means AR is good enough to lead them THIS year...not 3 years from now.

You've been saying this team will take 3 years to rebuild for like the past 10 years...laughable. Today's NFL is a year to year league. It's not the 70s or 80s anymore pops.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Shocked at Kevin Bowen this morning. All he did was preach this was a evaluation year all off season. Now he is acting like this is a Super Bowl team that lost yesterday. The two early wins does not change this being a evaluation year.

They certainly have some serious evaluation to do

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Sorry to disappoint you but this team is good enough to win the AFC South THIS year...not 4 or 5 years down the road like you seem to think....and that means AR is good enough to lead them THIS year...not 3 years from now.

You've been saying this team will take 3 years to rebuild for like the past 10 years...laughable. Today's NFL is a year to year league. It's not the 70s or 80s anymore pops.

Your first two posts made more sense, because there there were no words. 

Words ALWAYS fail you.   

As for what I’ve been predicting….   I predicted the Colts would win 10 games last year.   I predicted they’d win 9-10 games the year before with Wentz.   I predicted 10 wins with Rivers.   How far back do you need for me to go?    I predicted 7 wins for this year.   There are plenty of people who predicted worse.   You said I’ve had negative views of the Colts for the last 10 years.   That would include some of the Luck years.   Get serious. 

Your views of me are NEVER supported by actual facts.    Just like you nonsensical view of AR.   The team is doing better than expected because 1. AR is better than expected, 2. The TEAM around him is better than expected, including the DEFENSE, 3. The COACHING is better than expected.

But none of that doesn’t mean AR still isn’t a project.   If he never improves from what he is today, he’ll be a disappointment.   And he has EXCEEDED my wildest expectations.   He still needs to get better, much better, every year.   Why you think otherwise is one of those mysteries known only to you.

AR can be much better than I thought he’d be and still need to seriously improve.  Yes, a project.   The two positions are not mutually exclusive.   BOTH can be true.  

I appreciate you’ll agree with NONE of this.  Par for the course. 

2 minutes ago, craigerb said:

There were too many YAC on their winning TD. We needed to hold them to a FG.

Very true. The Secondary is far from a finished product. Safeties especially. Let’s hope it gets better over the course of the season. I suspect it will. 

16 hours ago, masterlock said:

Not to split hairs, but I kinda feel like there's a difference between not making the catch, and making the catch but not holding onto it. From a stats perspective, a drop is a drop. But some receivers just aren't sure-handed, and I don't think that's the case with Pierce. His high-profile drops have been forced by defenders, like when a defender fell on top of him in the endzone in game-1, and then again last week when he stretched out and clasped the ball, but couldn't hold onto it because he was airborne and the defender got his arm in there. 

I hear ya', but to look at just your statement it looks like almost every time Pierce drops a ball it's because of a great play by the defender.  So, Pierce is a magnet at drawing great defensive plays.

I just don't see it that way.  I see it that Pierce is not good at holding onto contested catches.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

My point was it was exciting game to watch us win.  Taylor hit that hole,  and it was amazing to me.  And yes, go Colts!  AR is fun to watch, and hopefully Taylor contributes going forward!

It was the cut he made in the hole that was special.  That was devastating, ha.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If that were the case then every receiver in the Rams would be elite.  But they aren’t, are they?   

I think it has to more with the role he plays in the offense. When u predominantly play on the outside, you for the most part need elite traits as u r going up against elite talented corners. That's why I laughed when Welker  was getting 140 catches a year and people were say he was elite.  I was like then stick him on the outside and see how elite he is. It is a different skill set to play the slot or inside.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Shocked at Kevin Bowen this morning. All he did was preach this was a evaluation year all off season. Now he is acting like this is a Super Bowl team that lost yesterday. The two early wins does not change this being a evaluation year.

I don't think we are a SB contender but to your post it can be a little both regarding evaluating AR and we can still win games with this roster. This season is about AR improving/progressing (we all get that part of it) but I actually think we can win the AFC South because our division isn't that strong. I may be the only one in here that didn't pick the Colts to finish with a losing record. I had 8-8-1. If anyone had us winning 9 or more games, I don't remember it. I didn't even make that pick because I love the Colts or being a Homer. I just believed that AR would at least play above average, and our defense would be good + I thought Shane would be much better than Reich. Almost everyone in the media, including our media had us pegged at winning 3 or 4 games. Many in here did as well. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think we are a SB contender but to your post it can be a little both regarding evaluating AR and we can still win games with this roster. This season is about AR improving/progressing (we all get that part of it) but I actually think we can win the AFC South because our division isn't that strong. I may be the only one in here that didn't pick the Colts to finish with a losing record. I had 8-8-1. If anyone had us winning 9 or more games, I don't remember it. I didn't even make that pick because I love the Colts or being a Homer. I just believed that AR would at least play above average, and our defense would be good + I thought Shane would be much better than Reich. Almost everyone in the media, including our media had us pegged at winning 3 or 4 games. Many in here did as well. 

To follow this up, the only year I have been way off on predicting what the Colts would finish (before season), was last year. Last year did shock me but a lot went wrong. I had us going 11-6 and winning the division, so I whiffed on that pick, but in 2021, I had us going 9-8 and nailed it, and in 2020 I had us going 11-5 and making the playoffs. I believed in Rivers in 2020, I didn't care for the Wentz trade but still thought we would be above .500 with him.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You understand that Freeland was only on  the field because Raimann was concussed, right?

So if Raimann and Smith are healthy, where is Freeland supposed to play? 

RT, move Smith inside. Different reasons than before.