Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Had A Good 2nd Half

RollerColt

2 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Did Matt Gay miss a field goal or extra point?  If it was a 3 pt play, he kind of lost the game for us like he won for us last week!

Steichen passed up on another FG with a lot of time left.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One thing he’ll continue to learn and get comfortable with is throwing to receivers before their break or just throwing over the top in tighter coverage.  He had Pittman open on the deep ball well before he threw it (the one Pittman got interfered with, no call).  Could’ve been a nice walk-in TD.

54 minutes ago, IinD said:

How they missed that facemask pull is beyond me...

The real shame on that play was how late Richardson was with the ball. We had the perfect view of the play at the stadium and Pittman broke open and AR did not throw it. It was a walk in

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pittman got interfered with in the endzone but we got away with one last week at Baltimore so that is football for you.

See post above. It should have been a walk in if AR throws on time. 

There were several like that today. He will get better but he was late several times. 

• Like 1

Yeah the stage doesn’t look too big for him. I was extremely impressed with how poised he was when playing from behind. There’s a lot of QBs that when you need them to hit on everything to bring you back, they shrink. He did the exact opposite. He made every throw he needed to make save for 1 or two over throws. He was moneynon those 2 pt conversions as well.

• Like 3

Just now, jskinnz said:

See post above. It should have been a walk in if AR throws on time. 

There were several like that today. He will get better but he was late several times. 

Yeah, AR played bad for a while, he got cookin in the 4th. I think he can be good but he may be streaky at times which will drive people nuts. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I look for Steichen to open the offense more with how good Richardson looked going down field today.

I hope so.  I'm fine with how he's letting him slowly progress, but I hope he loosens up the reigns a bit next week.  

Shane cost us the game when he went pass, pass, pass on our last drive in regulation. All we needed was a field goal.  We were lucky the Rams didn’t kill us in regulation. Run the ball on 1st down and get the clock running.  I’d have even called a Richardson designed run to the edge.  Anything but pass, pass, pass.  Run it.  Then take a shot up the seam on 2nd.  Shane & AR still working out the kinks at home.  They’ll get there.

• Like 1

Richardson was a wizard in the second half.  That’s what we are going to see from him, ugly halves likes we saw in the first half and the brilliance we saw in the second half.  That’s why he has to play, even when he struggles, to figure it out so he can work on putting together consistency.  Again patience will be required.  

It’s okay to be honest when he doesn’t play well and say it because that’s going to happen.  It’s also important to remember he’s a rookie and the struggles are part of the growth process so calling for Minshew isn’t the answer.  Even as hard as I was on Richardson for his first half today the idea of benching him never entered my mind like some were calling for.  I understood he needed to play and figure it out and he did.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Shane cost us the game when he went pass, pass, pass on our last drive in regulation. All we needed was a field goal.  We were lucky the Rams didn’t kill us in regulation. Run the ball on 1st down and get the clock running.  I’d have even called a Richardson designed run to the edge.  Anything but pass, pass, pass.  Run it.  Then take a shot up the seam on 2nd.  Shane & AR still working out the kinks at home.  They’ll get there.

Yeah I did not like that drive. We had plenty of time to mix it up. The only thing I can think of is he thought he has rams on the rope after all those big plays. But that did not cost us the game. The first half Swiss cheese defense cost us the game.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Richardson was a wizard in the second half.  That’s what we are going to see from him, ugly halves likes we saw in the first half and the brilliance we saw in the second half.  That’s why he has to play, even when he struggles, to figure it out so he can work on putting together consistency.  Again patience will be required.  

It’s okay to be honest when he doesn’t play well and say it because that’s going to happen.  It’s also important to remember he’s a rookie and the struggles are part of the growth process so calling for Minshew isn’t the answer.  Even as hard as I was on Richardson for his first half today the idea of benching him never entered my mind like some were calling for.  I understood he needed to play and figure it out and he did.  

He seems to figure things out pretty quick. Nice to see. He mentioned in post game they made some adjustments in deck s half because rams were showing them things they didn’t see on tape.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He seems to figure things out pretty quick. Nice to see. He mentioned in post game they made some adjustments in deck s half because rams were showing them things they didn’t see on tape.

Yep playing and experiencing is the BEST thing that can happen for him this year, struggles or not so even if I or others call him out for struggling it doesn’t mean we are giving up on him we are just being honest that he’s struggling then but we also understand he has to play and work through the struggles.  That’s how you learn and how you build confidence.  It’s like Ballard said in pre-season press conferences, how do you young guys become vets?  They play.

• Like 3

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah I did not like that drive. We had plenty of time to mix it up. The only thing I can think of is he thought he has rams on the rope after all those big plays. But that did not cost us the game. The first half Swiss cheese defense cost us the game.

We had the ball with under 2 minutes to go.  Tie ball game. All we need is a field goal to win it.  Everything prior is water under the bridge at that point.  Put a drive together and go win it.  

AR was 11-22 before that drive.  Most of the big plays came off of him escaping and creating some throws downfield. We were supposed to pound the rock there.  Run it with AR, get the clock rolling, and hopefully have 2nd and medium.

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

We had the ball with under 2 minutes to go.  Tie ball game. All we need is a field goal to win it.  Everything prior is water under the bridge at that point.  Put a drive together and go win it.  

AR was 11-22 before that drive.  Most of the big plays came off of him escaping and creating some throws downfield. We were supposed to pound the rock there.  Run it with AR, get the clock rolling, and hopefully have 2nd and medium.

Run it with moss, all this big plays followed Moss running to back the pass rush off.  

• Like 2

The kid doesn’t look good throwing the ball from the pocket to the boundary.  That used to be the gold standard that determined if a dude was going to be good enough to play in this league. 

Everything else looks good.  He throws well on the move sidearm, both moving left and right.  That struck me today.  He runs pretty good but his feel foe the rush inside the pocket looks pretty near elite .

He pretty much looks just like his college tape.

Hes an intriguing prospect.  

he makes it interesting.

Minshew is a much better thrower at this point and I think that is clear.  But AR does a lot of things GM can’t dream of doing.  Not sure which of those 2 gives us the best chance to win games this year.  

ARs head bounced again today early, and I was concerned that he might have to come out again.  He goes down really hard and if he doesn’t fix that he won’t last long.

Football in Indy is watchable again that’s for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1