Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

34 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Gotta see it next season from Mr Glass before I believe it. He has no experience. Has only play 2.5 games. So stop with the played 4 games. Bryce Young may be a bust, but I know he isn’t made of glass. Our whole defensive line tackled him and he got back up. 

Head bounced off the turf pretty hard and the guy misses a game. Brutal bad tackle where his shoulder took the brunt of Landry's weight . You now call him Mr Glass ? That and then declare that a 180Lb bust is more durable ? That post should get an award.

• Like 2

I was relatively high on Stroud before the draft, but it feels like he's already surpassed my expectations. I thought his ceiling is something along the lines of Burrow, but ... he actually looks more dynamic. WOW! While with AR you could see the flashes and hints of what he could be, Stroud already is so damn good. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Where are all the Will Levis lovers at today? I suppose in their mind, he played great today too chuckling homer simpson GIF

Nah, folks who said Levis played great his first two games weren't making stuff up.  OTOH....

AR:  The more he's absent, the more he becomes a legend in some peoples minds.

200.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Nah, folks who said Levis played great his first two games weren't making stuff up.  OTOH....

200.gif

Agreed. I hope he develops into a great QB but there’s also a chance he won’t. I think we need to manage expectations that this injury very possibly delayed his progression.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

200.gif

Nah you saying he played great against Pitt, was one of the worst takes ever. I am not going to argue with you today. You quoted me 1st, Accept the loss and move on, Levis stunk today. I am going to enjoy my Colts win, have a nice day.

41 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed. I hope he develops into a great QB but there’s also a chance he won’t. I think we need to manage expectations that this injury very possibly delayed his progression.

I can’t figure out what more there is to say about AR since about week 7. We all know what he did and what he didn’t do.   

At this point this seems like an NFL General thread and not much to do with Colts Football.  JMO. 

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

With AR out for the year, this thread becomes moot, until next year.  

Up until AR got hurt for the year, he was right there competing to be the best, so now the “debate” is simply on hold. 

I find the debate worthless without AR playing. Everyone wants to minimize what he was doing because he isn’t playing right now and they are only getting to see stroud. This thread could probably be moved or closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah you saying he played great against Pitt, was one of the worst takes ever. I am not going to argue with you today. You quoted me 1st, Accept the loss and move on, Levis stunk today. I am going to enjoy my Colts win, have a nice day.

Too late.  You tried to say that people who thought he had a great game we’re making stuff up

Why do you label people who thought he played well in two games as “Levis Lovers” if it’s not to exaggerate what that say and who they are…….. to then argue it

AR. The legend.  Its will grow every week he doesn’t play.   

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Too late.  You tried to say that people who thought he had a great game we’re making stuff up

Why do you label people who thought he played well in two games as “Levis Lovers” if it’s not to exaggerate what that say and who they are…….. to then argue it

AR. The legend.  Its will grow every week he doesn’t play.   

I don't understand how people are so convinced that AR is the next franchise QB of the Colts; nothing suggests it. 

It feels like I'm in the Twilight zone. 

If he didn't run really fast he would be irrelevant. Him being a running QB makes it all the more vexxing to me how so many of our fellow Colts fans – who spent over a decade watching pocket passing Manning annihilate the league

– have bought in to AR being the next franchise guy. Some were even licking their chops at the prospects of a running QB. How? I have no clue. He even goes out and gets injured multiple times in a short time span, which is one of the biggest fears of having a running QB. 

I hope he turns out to be great, but there is nothing to suggest he will, and it would probably be wise to go in to the off-season as if we don't have a QB. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

With AR out for the year, this thread becomes moot, until next year.  

Up until AR got hurt for the year, he was right there competing to be the best, so now the “debate” is simply on hold. 

stroud is still a better pocket passer though i cant lie .   Ar is dynamic with run and pass he was averaging 3 touchdowns close to 300 yards a game .  without running though he is only 1 touchdown pass a game and like 200 yards passing .   he still has to get better some of his throws are high and off target .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I don't understand how people are so convinced that AR is the next franchise QB of the Colts; nothing suggests it. 

It feels like I'm in the Twilight zone. 

If he didn't run really fast he would be irrelevant. Him being a running QB makes it all the more vexxing to me how so many of our fellow Colts fans – who spent over a decade watching pocket passing Manning annihilate the league

– have bought in to AR being the next franchise guy. Some were even licking their chops at the prospects of a running QB. How? I have no clue. He even goes out and gets injured multiple times in a short time span, which is one of the biggest fears of having a running QB. 

I hope he turns out to be great, but there is nothing to suggest he will, and it would probably be wise to go in to the off-season as if we don't have a QB. 

he showed flashes as a raw rookie but you are right nothing says he is automatically good next year .   he needs to improve and work hard as a passer .   averaging only 200 yards 1 touchdown passing is not good enough . 

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he showed flashes as a raw rookie but you are right nothing says he is automatically good next year .   he needs to improve and work hard as a passer .   averaging only 200 yards 1 touchdown passing is not good enough . 

Richardson is going to have a careee where your not going to be able to look at a box score and passing yards and determine his worth. With dual threat QB your going to have to look at things different. His passing wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would or how people in this thread are making it out to be. 7 TD in the little time he played was crazy.

• Like 2

Facts:

1. I never have called AR a legend. I just have said, he has a higher ceiling than Levis and I agree with us taking him.

2. I have said Levis played Great vs the Falcons.

3. I have said Levis played average at Pitt.

4. I have said Levis stunk today.

5. I have said, Stroud has been the best rookie of the bunch.

6. Levis was added to this thread because of me.

All 100% facts. If some in here can't deal with facts, go back to grade school and learn comprehension again when reading my posts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This thread since Richardson went down has turned into a Richardson bashing thread for everyone who wanted stroud and not Anthony. 

Which is sad because we never would’ve gotten stroud without giving up the farm.  Which then people would have been mad at because we wouldn’t have a first next year. 

Im honestly glad we didn’t trade up because we need to keep building this team.  Honestly, the colts and Texans got lucky that the panthers took young because the Texans probably would’ve ended up with AR and we would’ve had to pick between young and Levis.

does it suck that AR got hurt, yes it does.  Does it suck to watch Texans fans play with their new toy while ours sit on the sideline, it does.  But I find happiness knowing that we have the right coach to turn our qb into a monster.  All of these people bashing AR this year will be singing for him in the future 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This thread since Richardson went down has turned into a Richardson bashing thread for everyone who wanted stroud and not Anthony. 

No it hasn't. Appreciating Stroud has played well does not equal bashing AR.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

No it hasn't. Appreciating Stroud has played well does not equal bashing AR.

This has turned way more then that. It’s posters  diminishing what Richardson did too. It’s been fun seeing stroud play but that doesn’t mean some in here don’t have to use that to diminish what Anthony did in his short time.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This has turned way more then that. It’s posters  diminishing what Richardson did too. It’s been fun seeing stroud play but that doesn’t mean some in here don’t have to use that to diminish what Anthony did in his short time.

I mean, if people thought AR would come here and light it up day one as a passer they're kidding themselves. What we did know was he could complement his play with running - and he has. 7 total TDs in 3 games that's pretty darn good. But then again, if people here think he's lit it up as a passer so far they're kidding themselves. He's shown flashes, but if you want to there's plenty to criticize.

I don't get why some here get so butthurt about others saying their opinions on the rookies. Some of it may seem rash and some have made up their minds too early, but let the rookies' play speak for itself. If their play doesn't prove the haters/lovers wrong, then are they really wrong?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson is going to have a careee where your not going to be able to look at a box score and passing yards and determine his worth. With dual threat QB your going to have to look at things different. His passing wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would or how people in this thread are making it out to be. 7 TD in the little time he played was crazy.

hes better then i thought and i think he can be a good passer .  my point was its not given hes not polished right now he needs to improve still

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

stroud is still a better pocket passer though i cant lie .   Ar is dynamic with run and pass he was averaging 3 touchdowns close to 300 yards a game .  without running though he is only 1 touchdown pass a game and like 200 yards passing .   he still has to get better some of his throws are high and off target .

To the bolded, as was the case with Andrew Luck throughout most of his career.  To the point, though, fact of the matter is that AR’s sample size was too small to make any judgements. Ergo, the comparison for this year is over, being that the only relevance here is how the others compare to AR.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

hes better then i thought and i think he can be a good passer .  my point was its not given hes not polished right now he needs to improve still

When your a dual threat QB it gives him a chance to have a major impact while that gets better.

Also if you don’t think Richardson has phenomenal pocket awareness you weren’t watching.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Yeah it definitely sucks that CJ is in our division. We'll have to adapt or get used to losing to them.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I view it as a good thing. Not that I want the division to be loaded, but I also don't want the division to suck. The better the competition, the more work the Colts have to do. It does us no good to beat up on a weak division every year. If we have to keep up with a really good QB -- or three really good QBs -- it raises the bar.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Im honestly glad we didn’t trade up because we need to keep building this team.  Honestly, the colts and Texans got lucky that the panthers took young because the Texans probably would’ve ended up with AR and we would’ve had to pick between young and Levis.

I thought Stroud was QB1 in this year's draft, but I didn't want to trade up for him, either. Especially not for the price the Panthers paid -- essentially three first round picks. So realistically, he wasn't an option for the Colts.

I also don't know that the Panthers and Texans (and Colts) didn't like Levis enough to draft him in the first round. I think they just liked the guys they drafted better, which is reasonable.

• Like 5