Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jags post game thread

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You design your offense around your playmakers.  You make use of their playmaking ability.  Without Taylor being available we’re stuck.  No doubt that if we had Taylor coach would have designed plays to take advantage of his playmaking ability.  That’s what good coaches do.  Get the ball into your playmaker’s hands.

Here is my take on Taylor. He had not the greatest year and was coming off an injury. I truly beleive this. If Steichen thought that he was the guy that would drive this offence with Richardson, he would have whispered in  Ballard's ear to extend him. That never happened, and Steichen wants to spend that money on wrs and tight ends. Juat my take. 

21 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I don't know if Taylor will be a factor.. I do think that is why his contract isn't extended. He coming off injury and hasn't played in this new coaching offense. JMO

Richardson just needs time. 

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Here is my take on Taylor. He had not the greatest year and was coming off an injury. I truly beleive this. If Steichen thought that he was the guy that would drive this offence with Richardson, he would have whispered in  Ballard's ear to extend him. That never happened, and Steichen wants to spend that money on wrs and tight ends. Juat my take. 

You could be on to something here. We don’t know where Steichen is in this. I expect a RB signing this week.

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I do think Richardson needs time. At the the same time I don't believe he should be the teams leading rusher. His arm is to strong and just needs more work and more passing calls. I fear him being leader rusher will be ending with bad injuries.. JMO

6 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I do think Richardson needs time. At the the same time I don't believe he should be the teams leading rusher. His arm is to strong and just needs more work and more passing calls. I fear him being leader rusher will be ending with bad injuries.. JMO

Agreed on that one.  Runs to the outside or wide open lanes lol. 

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You could be on to something here. We don’t know where Steichen is in this. I expect a RB signing this week.

I bet Steichen is more involved in dwcsiin making than most people realize. Ballard's trust with Irsay has had to decrease.  Ballard knows he better listen to Steichen.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

I think Steichen kept going for it on 4th down because he was confused.  He thought people would get a free Big Mac for every field goal we didn't make.

We left 6 points on the board and lost by ten. We could have kicked a field goal with 2.5 minutes left. Defensive stop, and another field goal, games ours. Man jt should feel like % for not playing today, he owes ar a serious apology. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 4daUColts said:

We left 6 points on the board and lost by ten. We could have kicked a field goal with 2.5 minutes left. Defensive stop, and another field goal, games ours. Man jt should feel like % for not playing today, he owes ar a serious apology. 

Plus the one 4th down miss led to a jags TD. Instead of pinning them deep.

Even with a rookie QB and some rookie coach decision making, it was a very winnable game.  Special teams swung it.  If they back the Jags up at the 5, they win.  With Bubba, you didn’t see that much.

For Richardson's first game, you can't complain.  The accuracy needs to improve considerably, but everyone knew that.

It is odd, though, that just a few years ago people were criticizing Luck for exposing his body to hits, trying to get first downs, trying to win games while people now just expect Richardson to do the same thing and make it through a season.

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I bet Steichen is more involved in dwcsiin making than most people realize. Ballard's trust with Irsay has had to decrease.  Ballard knows he better listen to Steichen.

I doubt it.  He’s a rookie head coach.  He decides who’s he going to play but that’s about it.  He hasn’t earned any more say than that.  Irsay has the experience.  He’s no rookie owner. He’s been around the block a number of times.  Ballard is no newbie either.  Irsay is adamant that we are not trading Taylor.  Ballard drafted him.  He’s one of his picks.  A very accomplished one at that.  You don’t give players like that away.  Ballard has said it a number of times.  A trade has to be a win win for both sides.  Lamar Jackson said he would never play for the Ravens again.  But he is.  It just might work itself out.

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You do realize Stroud and Young were on the road and AR was at home....right?

So. That doesn’t excuse bad decision making. Stroud looked ok. Apparently young was really bad. They played falcons. Not some great team.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I doubt it.  He’s a rookie head coach.  He decides who’s he going to play but that’s about it.  He hasn’t earned any more say than that.  Irsay has the experience.  He’s no rookie owner. He’s been around the block a number of times.  Ballard is no newbie either.  Irsay is adamant that we are not trading Taylor.  Ballard drafted him.  He’s one of his picks.  A very accomplished one at that.  You don’t give players like that away.  Ballard has said it a number of times.  A trade has to be a win win for both sides.  Lamar Jackson said he would never play for the Ravens again.  But he is.  It just might work itself out.

I expect he hasn’t been too involved yet. That will come in the off season after this foster is evaluated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Can we give a round of applause to Kenny Moore today. He almost had a sack on Lawrence and was on Ridley a few times. He looked good.

Defense played well enough to win.  It felt like they started at midfield all game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Can we give a round of applause to Kenny Moore today. He almost had a sack on Lawrence and was on Ridley a few times. He looked good.

Yep it was very impressive that Ridley was on his way to a historic performance and they moved Moore on to him and you didn’t hear his name again.  That’s the Kenny Moore that made the pro-bowl.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yep it was very impressive that Ridley was on his way to a historic performance and they moved Moore on to him and you didn’t hear his name again.  That’s the Kenny Moore that made the pro-bowl.

Gosh I forgot about that. Because Ridley got most of his yards in the first half. I really like Gus as a DC. He really listens to his players and will make changes if he thinks it will help the team.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen kind of abandoned what worked first half. Its impressive Richardson had same stats as Lawrence through 2.5 quarters.

The Jags also adjusted and started taking away what was working in the first half.  The Jags played a very good game on defense as well and need credit.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So. That doesn’t excuse bad decision making. Stroud looked ok. Apparently young was really bad. They played falcons. Not some great team.

I expect he hasn’t been too involved yet. That will come in the off season after this foster is evaluated.

It makes a big difference. Wether you think so or not.

Defense good for 3+ quarters....same as last year!

WR's outside of Pittman can't seem to get open.

OL is a C- at best.

Special teams let Agnew steal 50+ yards on a punt return that should have been on the 5!

AR was pretty good, that pick killed us though!

I'm 66 and can run better than Deon Jackson and I won't fumble!

A little too aggressive on going for 4th down and passing up FG that hurt but better than Reich for sure.

Andrew Luck "quit", he didn't retire...sorry I digress.

Go Colts!!!

Im not a huge football fan but im still impressed how well ar played today. Considering how dangerous a runner he is, itd be cool to see some "controlled chaos" to keep the defense guessing. Deeper dropbacks and designed out of pocket scrambles, it was his first game but i think this team and alec pierce could benefit from some well designed backyard football. 

• Like 1

Just now, 4daUColts said:

Im not a huge football fan but im still impressed how well ar played today. Considering how dangerous a runner he is, itd be cool to see some "controlled chaos" to keep the defense guessing. Deeper dropbacks and designed out of pocket scrambles, it was his first game but i think this team and alec pierce could benefit from some well designed backyard football. 

I agree about the backyard football. That’s how mahomes gets WR so open all the time.

14 minutes ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

Defense good for 3+ quarters....same as last year!

WR's outside of Pittman can't seem to get open.

OL is a C- at best.

Special teams let Agnew steal 50+ yards on a punt return that should have been on the 5!

AR was pretty good, that pick killed us though!

I'm 66 and can run better than Deon Jackson and I won't fumble!

A little too aggressive on going for 4th down and passing up FG that hurt but better than Reich for sure.

Andrew Luck "quit", he didn't retire...sorry I digress.

Go Colts!!!

When our defense can actually rest on the sidelines before heading right back out there over and over again they are a very good defense. They showed them on the sidelines before the last touchdown the jags scored and they were all exhausted. Who can blame them, they were out there the whole 2nd half it felt like.

• Like 1