Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jags post game thread

GoColts8818

29 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Did the Oline ever give him enough time to make that throw though? I feel like the Jags' Dline was in AR's face as soon as the ball was snapped.

I will give the Oline a break. Going back to Wentz.  I think a lot of defences pin their ears back and dare us to throw it. The only way to back up the defense is for Richardson to connect. U watch the linebackers and they really didn't back pedal after the snap. They are spying Richardson and playing the run. The solution? Richardson connects on some deep passes and it will open up the run. Pretty simple actually. Even though I don't like the rb talent, it is pretty hard to assess on today's game. This team maybe picking in the top 5 again. That being said. I am not sure I would want Ballard making those picks.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing today showed me that the Jags were superior. They made some key plays in the 4th Qtr to beat us, that is called experience as in a coach and QB being there before. We were in it until the end. If we play like we did today we will beat Houston next week,

Jags should be looking in the mirror after that game. They won’t be keeping up with Kansas and Buffalo with that kind of play. 

• Like 3

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Understood, but those series did happen. Almost doesn’t count in this league. Gotta finish the games.

Completely agree. My point is that overall, they plays the first 55 minutes very well. By then, just like last year due to offense inability or mistakes, they got gassed. Combined with a scheme that requires speed to be successful, when they’re gassed, the scheme implodes

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

The market has spoken.  He agreed to a contract with the Dolphins.  They just couldn’t pull off the trade.  Pay him that number and we’re in great shape.

Umm the Gm of the Fins says they never offered, they inquired and said no thanks at both the Colts cost and JTs ask, so no there is no number to pay

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not just wrs. Has hasn't drafted a player at a premium position that has played lights out in the NFL

I don't know. Did you see Pittman look faster than ever on that TD run? First game, and Colts were not that bad. Calm down!!

Just now, csmopar said:

Completely agree. My point is that overall, they plays the first 55 minutes very well. By then, just like last year due to offense inability or mistakes, they got gassed. Combined with a scheme that requires speed to be successful, when they’re gassed, the scheme implodes

They played 17 snaps in the fourth (19 if you count the two kneels). They gave up 14 points.

Understand short fields but that is NOT good defense.

Other teams have offensive struggles similar to us but give up far fewer points.

• Like 2

So 31 points is a good thing?

14 in the fourth is a good thing?

Did you watch the game?  Do you understand they were the only reason the Colts were in the game until the fourth quarter and wore out because the Colts offense kept going three and out in the second half.  You have to look at why the numbers happened not just the numbers.  When you do you understand why they happened.  

• Like 2

They played 17 snaps in the fourth (19 if you count the two kneels). They gave up 14 points.

Understand short fields but that is NOT good defense.

Other teams have offensive struggles similar to us but give up far fewer points.

Fair enough. It definitely needs work but it wasn’t all bad all day. Which is all I’m saying 

• Like 2

I expected a loss and hoped we’d just not get obliterated. 

we were ahead at one point and I really thought we may win it. 

AR played much better than I expected

i loved that steich showed so much passion on the sidelines.  Haven’t seen that in a long time. It may not matter, for all I actually know, but I believe that it affects the refs and you will get preferential treatment over time.   It is human nature to grease the squeaky wheel. 

rookie coach and rookie qb.  Lots of growing pains to come but I am so excited by what I saw and the potential that they both have showed. 

I,for one,love that he went for it on 4th down.  Could have been executed better and on one I think they should have challenged if they made it on 3rd. 

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Did you watch the game?  Do you understand they were the only reason the Colts were in the game until the fourth quarter and wore out because the Colts offense kept going three and out in the second half.  You have to look at why the numbers happened not just the numbers.  When you do you understand why they happened.  

Multiple turnovers on downs… An interception… the Jags were winning the field position battle. 

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

17 actual snaps, 14 points.

Thats not finishing the game. That’s not good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

So because one team was willing to “allegedly” pay him 16mil we should too?

Seriously.  You actually think it was 16m?  Really?  I don’t.  The market has spoken.  He’s a star running back.  He agreed to a contract.  He’s our player.  We should value him more.  I would match that contract.  No problem.  

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed it wasn’t wrinkle but to act like they played great, you have to acknowledge the fall at the finish line.

Great defenses finish games.

Yes I don’t think anyone said they played flawless, they didn’t. But all things considering, it wasn’t a total bad performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I will give the Oline a break. Going back to Wentz.  I think a lot of defences pin their ears back and dare us to throw it. The only way to back up the defense is for Richardson to connect. U watch the linebackers and they really didn't back pedal after the snap. They are spying Richardson and playing the run. The solution? Richardson connects on some deep passes and it will open up the run. Pretty simple actually. Even though I don't like the rb talent, it is pretty hard to assess on today's game. This team maybe picking in the top 5 again. That being said. I am not sure I would want Ballard making those picks.

Wait, we give the Oline a break because the Jags pinned their ears back giving AR no time and the solution is to bank on long developing plays working out? I'd say punish it by working Downs and/or Granson behind the Linebackers...

I'm not disputing our RBs (well, Jackson) were terrible today and JT is likely a fair bit better, but he wouldn't have done a lot better vs. a stacked box and an Oline not opening up anything for them to run through.

• Like 1

Just now, JediXMan said:

So many 3 and outs and only one offensive TD in the second half is a good thing. It's almost like context matters lol.

I’ll say it again, 17 snaps in the fourth, they gave up 14 points. 

You cannot give up 14 points in the fourth and act like “oh but they tried real hard”. 

Offense has to do better too.

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Seriously.  You actually think it was 16m?  Really?  I don’t.  The market has spoken.  He’s a star running back.  He agreed to a contract.  He’s our player.  We should value him more.  I would match that contract.  No problem.  

No he didn’t. Both teams rumored to be involved said they never even offered a contract. 

What was the number then?

Thats right you don’t know and just making stuff up. Miami GM said no offer was made

Just now, Solid84 said:

Wait, we give the Oline a break because the Jags pinned their ears back giving AR no time and the solution is to bank on long developing plays working out? I'd say punish it by working Downs and/or Granson behind the Linebackers...

I'm not disputing our RBs (well, Jackson) were terrible today and JT is likely a fair bit better, but he wouldn't have done a lot better vs. a stacked box and an Oline not opening up anything for them to run through.

The Jags have played well against Taylor in the past. I agree. The line wasn’t doing well in run blocking. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

17 actual snaps, 14 points.

Thats not finishing the game. That’s not good.

Yeah that’s the fourth when they were exhausted.  When you look at the second half numbers as a whole the Jags had 31 plays to the Colts 16 plays if you don’t count the Colts TD drive on the first position of the second half and the drive at the end of the game when the Jags were playing prevent to let the Colts burn the clock.  That’s where the defense wore out.  The offense couldn’t do anything and the defense finally wore down.  It’s really not hard to understand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Yes I don’t think anyone said they played flawless, they didn’t. But all things considering, it wasn’t a total bad performance.

Never said any of that.

My issue is acting like giving up 31 points is a good thing, which it is not. We can have all kinds of excuses but 31 isn’t going to win games especially with our offense playing this way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Exactly. Maybe there were a lot of open plays and maybe Richardson just didn't pull the trigger? We will find out when they look at the tape.

Just now, csmopar said:

No he didn’t. Both teams rumored to be involved said they never even offered a contract. 

Believe what you will.  He wasn’t going anywhere without a new contract.  They wouldn’t trade for him otherwise.  A deal was struck.  The Colts stuck to their guns on what they wanted.  That why he wasn’t traded.

Believe what you will.  He wasn’t going anywhere without a new contract.  They wouldn’t trade for him otherwise.  A deal was struck.  The Colts stuck to their guns on what they wanted.  That why he wasn’t traded.

Ok. Well until you have concrete proof, all we have is to believe the GMs for both teams.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah no creditable media source has reported that so I am saying you are making this up because it’s what you want to believe.  

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And they expected Moss back today.  It wasn’t until yesterday that they knew he wouldn’t be.  

They didn’t know Taylor was going to be holding in until camp started.  At that point Ballard did exactly what you wanted he went and got a proven vet in Drake.  He wasn’t good enough to make the final roster and the vast majority of Colts fans agreed.  

Do I think Ballard is going to look at the running back situation after today?  Yeah I do.  Partially because if Hull is going to miss anytime they will be forced to be.  The other reason is like you said Ballard needs too (and frankly he does) always look to improve the roster.  However, let’s remember he’s looking for temporary solutions.  They might very well have Moss back next week.  They could have Taylor back a few weeks after that.  So he’s going to make a major move.  Let’s also remember the guys that are out there out there right now are out there for a reason, the odds of finding a major upgrade right now isn’t high.  

Drake is better than Jackson. Career 4.5 carry, seldom fumbles. Hunt available. They would have helped Colts win today. I won’t concede that small improvements don’t matter.