Who are our breakout candidates for this year? Pick 1 of the following

-Rookie not named Anthony Richardson

-1 non-rookie offensive player 

-1 non-rookie defensive player

My picks;

Rookie Breakout: Josh Downs, WR

Offensive Player: Bernard Raiman, OT

Defensive Player: Nick Cross, SAF

Rookie pick came down to Hull and Downs for me, but ultimately given the thin depth at receiver I think Downs should thrive. I think 500 yards and 4 TDs is possible.

Offenisve player was also hard to pick between Pierce and Raiman, but I like what I’ve seen from Rainman in camp. I think he takes that next step.

Defense was easy. I don’t trust Kwity Paye to stay healthy and Ebukum is an unknown right now. Cross looks a lot more comfortable this year now that they have him playing more SS. The SS has to do a lot in a Bradley scheme, and clearly it was too much for him last year. This year I think he has a great season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

My picks;

Rookie pick came down to Hull and Downs for me, but ultimately given the thin depth at receiver I think Downs should thrive. I think 500 yards and 4 TDs is possible.

Offenisve player was also hard to pick between Pierce and Raiman, but I like what I’ve seen from Rainman in camp. I think he takes that next step.

Defense was easy. I don’t trust Kwity Paye to stay healthy and Ebukum is an unknown right now. Cross looks a lot more comfortable this year now that they have him playing more SS. The SS has to do a lot in a Bradley scheme, and clearly it was too much for him last year. This year I think he has a great season.

Agreed.

I'm already on record as saying Downs could give Richardson a run as ROY.

I think Downs is definitely in the best position to shine as a rookie with the way our WRs room looks (if we are going to be discounting the QB position).

Non rookie offensive player : I'll go with Raimann, I think he shows the league his potential and starts knocking on that top 10 LT door by the end of the season.

Non rookie defensive player: My heart hopes that it is Dayo Odeyingbo and he turns into Freeney 2.0, but my head says it is probably going to be Nick Cross or EJ Speed.

• Like 2

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

I'd agree with your first two but i'm thinking Dayo for Defensive player

Defensive Player: Dayo Ode...

great minds - really hope Dayo breaks out, our pass rush needs it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

1. Jaylon Jones? I cannot ignore the glowing review Ballard gave him. 

2. Alec Pierce... I still think he's the one set up to benefit the most from Richardson. He still needs to do it and stop dropping the ball, but... that's still my answer. 

3. Nick Cross... he seems to have had a good off-season and is poised to break out. 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

1. Jaylon Jones? I cannot ignore the glowing review Ballard gave him. 

2. Alec Pierce... I still think he's the one set up to benefit the most from Richardson. He still needs to do it and stop dropping the ball, but... that's still my answer. 

3. Nick Cross... he seems to have had a good off-season and is poised to break out. 

Jones crossed my mind too. Not just because of what Ballard said, but also because of what I saw and heard in preseason. I just wonder how many snaps he’ll actually get early on to be effective. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

My picks;

Kwity Paye on defense and on Offense I’ll Go Bernard rookie wise I’m gonna have to go Downs. 

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

My picks;

Rookie-Downs

Offense-Pierce

Defense-Dayo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

My picks;

I’m going with Pierce since Downs has already been taken. 

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

My picks;

I think raiman for sure and downs. On defense I think dayo and paye gonna break out. Alec I think gonna disappoint us based on what we have saw so far and the defense disappoint gonna be Moore 

Downs a no brainer but also like Hull quite a bit.

OP-Rainmann already a stud imo and will make the Pro Bowl, Think Granson may take it to another level this year

DP-Baker,he has come out of nowhere really to earn a starting spot and has looked good every single practice and game. Super impressed with him.

• Like 1

I have high hopes for the Ogletree and Woods duo. When AR #s up a throw it's usually because he threw too high. It'd be hard even for him to overthrow these two.

On defense, I think Dayo and Paye step up another level. I think Paye was already around a 10 sack guy last year. He just got hurt.

It'd be nice to see one of the young guys in the CB room step up, but I doubt they will this year at least.

• Like 1

Rookie: Josh Downs

This will be one of ARs security blankets.  I think what will separate him from his other targets is his ability to get open.  I think AR will show teams he can go deep so once teams begin to back off, that’s when Downs will shine.  Hopefully he has his hands together because the preseason has me a little scared.

Non-Rookie Offense: Raimann

This choice would’ve been AP but he had a BAD preason.  Might’ve went with Granson also but idk, our TE group is just too much of an unknown right now.  So I’ll go with the LT.  He’s playing next to one of if not the best guard in the NFL, he’s had a full offseason, he’s put on weight, and had a good preseason.  I think Raimann is poised for a breakout.  I don’t think he’ll be lights out but he’ll be good enough to sure up that left side and be a middle of the pack LT.

Non-Rookie Defense:  Kwitty Paye

This is one of my bets to myself, this is the year Kwitty stays healthy.  When he plays, he’s shown he can get it done, but that’s WHEN he plays.  Not much to say about him since he’s been here, just gotta stay healthy.