Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles sign ex Colts CB Isaiah Rodgers

ProblChld32

16 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Don't know how it works but will Colts get a comp pick for releasing a starting player whom they were somewhat forced to release?

No Comp pick.

I get they were mad at the situation, but he should've been placed on the suspension list and dealt with next season. Whether that be trading him or bringing him back.

Releasing him, should of only been done if he received that life time ban.

Oh well, is what it is at this point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

His was not a “mistake” with his betting - which is very cut and dry rules.

No, he KNEW he was wrong because he used someone else’s information to do the betting.

I liked him as a player and hate to see him go, however, the Colts did the right thing by cutting him. 

What else is he willing to skirt the rules on if he’s willing to go to the lengths he went to deliberately put himself in the spotlight?

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Wait, people are making a deal about Rodger's "character" but are wanting Colts to sign Kareem Hunt? 

giphy.gif

I have no issues with Hunt's character.  He had a crazy lady yelling and screaming at him and also getting physical.

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

He’s out for at least a year, possibly more. 

I think a year at most none the less, when he’s reinstated the Eagles now have his rights. He joins an already good secondary. Don’t agree with what he did but Rodgers was a good CB for us. 

1 hour ago, ProblChld32 said:

I think a year at most none the less, when he’s reinstated the Eagles now have his rights. He joins an already good secondary. Don’t agree with what he did but Rodgers was a good CB for us. 

Maybe. We shall see

This is one of those situations where you have to ask yourself, which FO do you trust more, the Eagles or the Colts? The Eagles just made the SB, so I think I trust Howie Roseman in this case where there's no downside to picking up Rodgers and he's a "long-term investment."

It won't affect us this year, but we could have probably used him next year as fixing this secondary in a year is far from a guarantee.

On 8/30/2023 at 5:55 AM, indyagent17 said:

It just shows how some teams don’t care about character at all.

All 32 teams TALK character.  But talking the talk is easy.   Walking the walk is harder.   And when push comes to shove we find out who is who.  

In other words,  you’re right.   :peek:

Rodgers Sr is still suspended - regardless of team - so - he will still sit for the 2023 season - and - possibly beyond.

I hope this young man learned from his mistake - and - reaches out to other young players to share his story.  Hopefully - something good can come from his mistake.