Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Preseason Game #3, Colts @ Eagles, Thursday, Aug. 24, 2023, 8PM ET

NFLfan

AR looked a lot better in the first quarter when they were running a lot more RPOs, which is what I expect our offense to look like the majority of this year.

He had the string of imcompletions (and drops/fall downs) when they went pure dropback. He is clearly going to need to improve at the dropback game, but outside of hurry up situations, I don't expect them to run it a ton this season.

• Like 3

Just now, pkbrux said:

AR looked a lot better in the first quarter when they were running a lot more RPOs, which is what I expect our offense to look like the majority of this year.

He had the string of imcompletions (and drops/fall downs) when they went pure dropback. He is clearly going to need to improve at the dropback game, but outside of hurry up situations, I don't expect them to run it a ton this season.

Very good observation.  I was thinking this exact thing.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Eagles were sending a lot of blitzes at AR on 3rd downs.  That’s where Shane has to utilize Downs over the middle.  He’s the only guy that can win quickly & get open.

Downs has to catch it too, they did it on one play and AR threw a perfect pass to him and he dropped it.

• Like 2