Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 4 Training camp 7/31

44 minutes ago, Shive said:

Mack has been a vocal supporter of JT getting paid, so that could be a little awkward. Money is money though so....

I think it would probably be Deon Jackson starting with Hull getting reps as the main pass catching back.

With Moss most likely hitting IR or PUP, I could see Zavier Scott making the roster as RB3 if things with JT don't get smoothed out.

Not hearing much about Jackson so far and Hull is getting a lot of second team reps 

• Like 3

The Colts aren't signing any top market RBs. Ballard made it clear part of not signing JT was the Oline and the new Offensive system have to be evaluated before he signs a long term RB solution. I think the Colts want to see what happens in house first before signing big names. We will ptlrobably get another young RB at a fair price. I think we just want see what we got and if we stink we will take our drafts picks and build from there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Wasn't it Zaire that hit Moss?

That guy is a menace, quit hurting your own guys.

Remember he broke Leonard's nose and gave him a concussion his first game back last year...

He does seem to be rather like the bull in the china shop.

Except it's Indy's china he's trashing...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

The Colts aren't signing any top market RBs. Ballard made it clear part of not signing JT was the Oline and the new Offensive system have to be evaluated before he signs a long term RB solution. I think the Colts want to see what happens in house first before signing big names. We will ptlrobably get another young RB at a fair price. I think we just want see what we got and if we stink we will take our drafts picks and build from there.

Training Camp is going well from a let's get a top draft pick perspective.

48 minutes ago, Pelt said:

He does seem to be rather like the bull in the china shop.

Except it's Indy's china he's trashing...

Franklin lacks speed so he gets there late but with great effort and Hard. He is to be attacked and taken advantage of in the pass game. lol

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Franklin lacks speed so he gets there late but with great effort and Hard. He is to be attacked and taken advantage of in the pass game. lol

Zaire ran a 4.58 at his pro day.   He doesn't lack speed

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Wasn't it Zaire that hit Moss?

That guy is a menace, quit hurting your own guys.

Remember he broke Leonard's nose and gave him a concussion his first game back last year...

Football is a violent game.  Sometimes that violence results in injuries.  It is what it is.  

8 hours ago, Matabix said:

I think they have to break his nose for this procedure. I might be wrong.

No nose breaking. It is a fairly simple procedure. They clean out the boney fragments from your nasal passges. I had 2 procedures done at the same time and that was one of them. He will feel great in a few days. Next day is pushing it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joeb said:

No nose breaking. It is a fairly simple procedure. They clean out the boney fragments from your nasal passges. I had 2 procedures done at the same time and that was one of them. He will feel great in a few days. Next day is pushing it. 

I think today was the next day. Seems to of happened on Sunday?

I'm sure day after next is pushing it to.

He was out there at least practicing some footwork today.

23 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think today was the next day. Seems to of happened on Sunday?

I'm sure day after next is pushing it to.

He was out there at least practicing some footwork today.

Shane said he had it yesterday on his off day so he would miss as little practice as possible. He said thst in his presser today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Football is a violent game.  Sometimes that violence results in injuries.  It is what it is.  

I agree. This is why I generally would never buy season tickets. I'd go to a game or two a year if I lived in Indy, but I wouldn't buy season tickets on the offchance of a major injury. 

I'm not sure if the fanbase already reserved their season tickets this year, but if they did, and Taylor held out when I did and paid for them, I would be furious. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree. This is why I generally would never buy season tickets. I'd go to a game or two a year if I lived in Indy, but I wouldn't buy season tickets on the offchance of a major injury. 

I'm not sure if the fanbase already reserved their season tickets this year, but if they did, and Taylor held out when I did and paid for them, I would be furious. 

Such a huge fan

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I never bought or had season tickets, just went to anywhere from 1-3 games a year since 1987-2013 (RCA Dome to LOS), roughly 45+ games in my fandom. That is the way to go IMO. Make it a fun full day = 1 or 2, maybe 3 times a year and it is cheap. Eat at St. Elmo's and make it a day 👍. I haven't been to a game since 2013 when Luck made the Texans look like chumps. Was just getting older and why fight the crowds of people when you have everything at home. With technology now days, I just get me a 6-pack, a Pizza, and follow all the games all day on my Laptop and watch a few in my home in my recliner. + If I need to use the bathroom, it is a few feet away and clean. 1 game I am glad I attended was the 4th and 2 game vs the Patriots, that was a beautiful Sunday Night game. I partied all freakin all night after that winThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never bought or had season tickets, just went to anywhere from 1-3 games a year since 1987-2013 (RCA Dome to LOS), roughly 45+ games in my fandom. That is the way to go IMO. Make it a fun full day = 1 or 2, maybe 3 times a year and it is cheap. Eat at St. Elmo's and make it a day 👍. I haven't been to a game since 2013 when Luck made the Texans look like chumps. Was just getting older and why fight the crowds of people when you have everything at home. With technology now days, I just get me a 6-pack, a Pizza, and follow all the games all day on my Laptop and watch a few in my home in my recliner. + If I need to use the bathroom, it is a few feet away and clean. 1 game I am glad I attended was the 4th and 2 game vs the Patriots, that was a beautiful Sunday Night game. I partied all freakin all night after that winThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Last full season I went to was the 09 season.

Preseason - AFC Championship

Been to few games since then, last game was Patriots/Colts when JT broke the long TD run to ice it.

Just became to much of a chore to go to the games. Rather just sit on my couch.

Leave early

Tail gate

Game

Tail gate

Get home late

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Last full season I went to was the 09 season.

Preseason - AFC Championship

Been to few games since then, last game was Patriots/Colts when JT broke the long TD run to ice it.

Just became to much of a chore to go to the games. Rather just sit on my couch.

Leave early

Tail gate

Game

Tail gate

Get him late

Yeah in the Manning era and the 1st 2 years of Luck, I always went with a group of friends - 3 others. We would get 4 tickets and make a day out of it. I have seen the Jags, Texans, and Titans so many times that it is comical but it was a cheap ticket and we usually won all those games haha . I did get to see the Pats in 2009 and the Cowboys in 1999. We won both those.

I have a few observations from today’s camp. The main thing that stood out to me was the quality of the practice overall. I didn’t see many “bad” plays by either side. In past years you can see obvious screw ups, penalties and missed assignments. Very detail oriented work being done. 
The db drills were cool to see with the high expectations demanded from the players. More than one group or player had to repeat their rep to get it right. 
I think Moss got hurt by a defender trying to chop at the ball. Not positive though. 
All defenders worked chops, punches and strips during drills. 
Looks like Pharoah Brown is going to be used on special teams a lot. 
I think each of the running backs had at least one good run. Few if any negative plays for the offense.   
Very quick paced practice. Good day for practice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah in the Manning era and the 1st 2 years of Luck, I always went with a group of friends - 3 others. We would get 4 tickets and make a day out of it. I have seen the Jags, Texans, and Titans so many times that it is comical but it was a cheap ticket and we usually won all those games haha . I did get to see the Pats in 2009 and the Cowboys in 1999. We won both those.

My first game was Colts Browns 1987

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, I expect you to show a screenshot of your season tickets with you holding them and post them below. Otherwise, you are the same level fan as me.

I go to 3 or 4 games a year.   Let me know when your coming.   I'll buy you beers

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If I can ever go, I will take you up on that. Unfortunately for me football-wise, I live in Colorado. So we'll see.

Honestly,   I think you and I would get a long.   If you are ever able to get here.   Let me know

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I’m a fan of Evan. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

He kind of reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew

There’s distant rumblings of my son & wife & I maybe making the trek down from the Peg to Indy for the Browns game.  If so, I may have to reach out to y’all to meet the Rock pregame! 

(Already booked for Falcons in Atlanta for the season opener and Giants / Raiders in Vegas in early November, though, so will have to see how the budget plays out.)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

There’s distant rumblings of my son & wife & I maybe making the trek down from the Peg to Indy for the Browns game.  If so, I may have to reach out to y’all to meet the Rock pregame! 

(Already booked for Falcons in Atlanta for the season opener and Giants / Raiders in Vegas in early November, though, so will have to see how the budget plays out.)

Indiana nights jerseys for the browns game