Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey Colt nation

Arodgers12

The opinion is kinda up-and-down at this point in time.

New coaching staff - new offensive scheme - new QB - and - more - have contributed to the inability to really come to a conclusion as to how our season may go.

I'm optimistic - and - will be satisfied if we see progress - as a team - on a weekly basis.

Do that - and - the wins will come.

Mixed opinions on this. I am optimistic about this season. New coach, new QB and certain players who were injured are getting healthy. Not thinking playoffs this early, but things can only improve after last season. 

Arodgers12, how do you think the Packers will do this season? 

10 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Let's just say we're looking forward to drafting Marvin Harrison Jr. early in next year's draft...

Personally I am not wishing for a losing season just to pick a WR. When you get my age you don't wish wasting a season.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Do you guys think you’ll have a good season? What’s the prediction going forward?

I think most posters have the Colts in a range of 6-9 wins.   

There are some outliers.   Some have the Colts winning 10-12 games.   Some have the Colts only winning 3-5 games.   But I believe there are fewer outliers. 

But the vast majority want the team to improve as the season progresses.  The young kids have to play and get better so the team can compete at a higher level in 2024. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Do you guys think you’ll have a good season? What’s the prediction going forward?

I think we'll win anywhere from 3-9 games. 3 is the worst-case scenario. 9 is best-case, and we sneak into the playoffs. I just think that Richardson is really raw right now. So far, in a limited sample size, OTA's and mandatory minicamp haven't really made me feel better about him. He's solid in the deep game, but his accuracy is ridiculously bad, and he needs to work on it. He's as advertised right now. 

I say we probably win 6 games right now with a very easy schedule. I was at 9, but I've cooled off on the team some since the draft after seeing them practice a bit and forming a more updated opinion. 

• Like 2

I believe our season relies on how good our defense is and if Gardner Minshew can keep the offense on the field long enough to score 21ppg. We should win some ballgames but I don’t think it will be very many. Honestly, I just hope we are competitive in most of them. 

7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think Caleb Williams at #1 next year is still a very real and possible scenario. 

If the Colts take a quarterback next year that’s an admission that Richardson is so bad that the Colts have decided in just one year that AR is a failure.  

And if it’s a failure, then the Colts are picking first.   Ballard would likely get fired and the enthusiasm for Steichen and his staff would plummet.    I think that’s about as bad a scenario as the Colts could hope for.  

Just my two cents, and as I like to say, it’s often not worth that much!     :giveup:

• Like 2

All those “experts” who are predicting a 3 win season for us this year are the same ones who predicted we’d win the division last year.  So many variables to even guess. 

I’m a Buckeye and I love MHJ, but I’m hoping we’re nowhere near able to draft him next year.  

But since we are guessing, I’ll say 10 wins doesn’t give you a high draft pick.  

I think most Colts fans are looking forward to an exciting, youthful season.  A change of pace and direction of our beloved franchise.  I think so long as the team keeps high energy, most fans would view it as a success. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you build, they will come...I meant the wins. :) 

This team will be constantly building - building upon QB play, building the OL chemistry for run and pass blocking, building the QB-pass catcher chemistry, building the offense, ST and defense, and there is enough talent to get us 6 wins, and there are always a few wins that come unexpected. So yeah, the range could swing wildly from 6-9, IMO. I want us playing the best football in November and December to build upon for the next year. 

I do love that Notre Dame ST coach we hired and don't be surprised if ST play is responsible for 2 or 3 critical wins along the way.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2023 at 3:37 PM, Arodgers12 said:

Im sticking with about 9-8-1 from earlier prediction but Secondary, OL, and lacking weapons is concerning but still think the Football Gods may smile and think its colts turn to have a decent year. Lol

I'm pulling for the jets because of Rodgers. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 4:05 AM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

At least the OL is same old.  ..   :D

Cracking Up Lol GIF

With 3 former pro bowlers.  I'm not sure what's more funny,  you making that joke or you making any jokes with Kirk as your savior. 

My thoughts:

1. I will enjoy watching this season because I really have no expectations. I'm just hoping for positive moments.

2. Whether Shane Steichen believes it or not, this will be the easiest season of head coaching he will have. Everything he says is fresh and new and everyone is willing to do whatever it takes to get to winning football.

3. Anthony Richardson is about 4 months from being a bust in some people's minds. I want to give him a couple of years, but I know some of you will start trying to say "See, I was right" in late October.

If the colts will have another awful season that will mean just one thing for Emma and myself.....more time to spend on StarField. The long awaited space exploration game coming out Sept. 6 on XBOX & PC. 

A reported over 1000 planets and moons to explore!!! Open world games not my cup of tea but looking forward to this one. 

Actually, I can do both(Colts/Starfield) lol. 

Definitely watching our rookie QB.

Back to topic. Seriously doubt colts will be in position to draft Williams or Drake. And if they are I doubt they will move on from AR5, regardless how he does. I expect them to do what bears did, keep their QB and get a Haul to rebuild. And whoever winds up at #1 & #2, will Haul in a lot more than the bears did.

• Like 2

Imo, wins and losses don't really matter this year. We're not contenders so experience is really key. As long as I see improvement on the offense and the defense continues to play at a high level, I'll be satisfied. Other then that, I don't have high expectations.

On 6/27/2023 at 3:37 PM, Arodgers12 said:

It won't be a good season.  3-6 wins is all they will muster.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Wouldn’t it be interesting for everyone to check how many wins they predicted this time last year?

I had 8-9 wins and I was in the low end of board predictions. Based it in Oline questions and us not replacing Doyle. Then Ryan crapped the bed and everything when down the toilet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I had 8-9 wins and I was in the low end of board predictions. Based it in Oline questions and us not replacing Doyle. Then Ryan crapped the bed and everything when down the toilet. 

Yes, you were on the low end compared to most.  That's why predictions are kind of a waste of time. 

None of us know if AR is going to work out.  Heck, none of us know if he's even going to be the starter for game 1 right now.

Personally, I'm super optimistic that he's going to get better every week and we'll be one of the top 10 offenses by the middle of the season.  On D, Leonard's health and our secondary are huge question marks.  

But between AR and GM, our QB position is so much better than last season.  So I'm going to enjoy it no matter how many games we win or lose.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Wouldn’t it be interesting for everyone to check how many wins they predicted this time last year?

I went back and looked at many threads and around 90% of the people in here had us winning either 10 or 11 games. I am talking the Posters that post all the time and have been here forever even. I had 11 wins, no way did I ever think Leonard would miss the whole season or Taylor would miss a lot of games either. Matt Ryan played badly as well but he had no balance on offense without Taylor and was a sitting duck with poor LT play. Teams knew we were going to throw with Taylor out.

• Like 2

Tough to say because we drafted one of the youngest and least experienced qbs to ever go in the first round

We have the talent on the roster to win some games with rushing and scrambling.  We also wont go very far unless the passing game gets better than it is now quickly

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think most posters have the Colts in a range of 6-9 wins.   

There are some outliers.   Some have the Colts winning 10-12 games.   Some have the Colts only winning 3-5 games.   But I believe there are fewer outliers. 

But the vast majority want the team to improve as the season progresses.  The young kids have to play and get better so the team can compete at a higher level in 2024. 

I’m a tepid 3-5 guy.

I can tell you this, I’d rather have the team win 3-5 with AR than 6-9 with Minshew. 

Minshew is a legit lower 3rd starter type, but his ceiling is likely middling.

My ideal scenario is the worst record in the league and 1st pick, but with AR showing real promise ie.  Manning’s rookie year.  

If AR is going to be good enough to lead this team to 9 wins next season, nothing else makes much difference because we have a super star for sure.  I don’t think anyone including colts management and Anthony’s mother think that he will be that good next season.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 12:31 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If the colts will have another awful season that will mean just one thing for Emma and myself.....more time to spend on StarField. The long awaited space exploration game coming out Sept. 6 on XBOX & PC. 

A reported over 1000 planets and moons to explore!!! Open world games not my cup of tea but looking forward to this one. 

Actually, I can do both(Colts/Starfield) lol. 

Definitely watching our rookie QB.

Back to topic. Seriously doubt colts will be in position to draft Williams or Drake. And if they are I doubt they will move on from AR5, regardless how he does. I expect them to do what bears did, keep their QB and get a Haul to rebuild. And whoever winds up at #1 & #2, will Haul in a lot more than the bears did.

Nerd break

I am looking forward to Starfield, but I am nervous. It looks awesome, but there are some reports that have me worried that it is going to be a bit overhyped as this huge and in-depth game, but in the end, wind up being a shallow experience. For instance, it is reported that only 10% of the planets will actually even have life on them, and there are no vehicles to explore the planets... so either they are going to be very small planets, or have a restricted area that you can explore on them..... or there is going to be an insane amount of walking....  I'm hoping that it is really good, but i'm not getting my hopes too high.

Nerd break over

I think we will struggle early, a lot, and people are going to lose their minds. AR will show flashes of brilliance - and equally show those rookie boneheaded mistakes, which may look a lot worse for a while longer with him, seeing as how inexperienced he is. I've delved into what I think is enough research on him to see that he has the tools to become something special, its just whether or not he will ever put it all together - and it may take some time with him so we all need to be patient. 

I think he will start off pretty bad, it will be ugly, but by end of October or November he will start to show flashes. I think he wont really start to show anything where we all start to think "Ok, here we go - this is our franchise QB", until towards the back end of year 2, but if we are all patient enough, he should show us who he really is eventually, and i think that is a franchise QB.

In answer to the original question, I think we go 4-13 or 5-12 this year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Nerd break

I am looking forward to Starfield, but I am nervous. It looks awesome, but there are some reports that have me worried that it is going to be a bit overhyped as this huge and in-depth game, but in the end, wind up being a shallow experience. For instance, it is reported that only 10% of the planets will actually even have life on them, and there are no vehicles to explore the planets... so either they are going to be very small planets, or have a restricted area that you can explore on them..... or there is going to be an insane amount of walking....  I'm hoping that it is really good, but i'm not getting my hopes too high.

Nerd break over

I think we will struggle early, a lot, and people are going to lose their minds. AR will show flashes of brilliance - and equally show those rookie boneheaded mistakes, which may look a lot worse for a while longer with him, seeing as how inexperienced he is. I've delved into what I think is enough research on him to see that he has the tools to become something special, its just whether or not he will ever put it all together - and it may take some time with him so we all need to be patient. 

I think he will start off pretty bad, it will be ugly, but by end of October or November he will start to show flashes. I think he wont really start to show anything where we all start to think "Ok, here we go - this is our franchise QB", until towards the back end of year 2, but if we are all patient enough, he should show us who he really is eventually, and i think that is a franchise QB.

Did you play No Man's Sky when it came out?  It was fun for about a day.   Then things became redundant 

10 hours ago, Nickster said:

I’m a tepid 3-5 guy.

I can tell you this, I’d rather have the team win 3-5 with AR than 6-9 with Minshew. 

Minshew is a legit lower 3rd starter type, but his ceiling is likely middling.

My ideal scenario is the worst record in the league and 1st pick, but with AR showing real promise ie.  Manning’s rookie year.  

If AR is going to be good enough to lead this team to 9 wins next season, nothing else makes much difference because we have a super star for sure.  I don’t think anyone including colts management and Anthony’s mother think that he will be that good next season.

Nick….    I agree with a lot of this, but perhaps not all of this.   But that’s not why I’m responding here.  

Im reaching out to give you a major shout-out about a post you made a while back.  About two months ago or so, you wrote a post about how you thought Steichen will bring Richardson along.   You thought AR will NOT start at the beginning of the season, but instead, SS will give AR a number of series each game.   Honestly, I think it’s one of the best, most thoughtful posts of this very strange off-season.   

I don’t know for certain that you’re the only poster to float this idea, but you’re the only  one that I’ve read.   For me, your post wins the off-season!   Seriously.   

And I’d like to expand on your very good idea.   As you likely know, a game is roughly 10 offensive series per team.  So I think the AR plan will have Richardson getting 2-4 series in each of the first four games.  1-2 in each half.   In the next four games, I think AR will get 4-6 series per game, 2-3 per half.   And by roughly week 9, I think AR gets the keys to the car and takes the team the rest of the way.   8 games of situational football where AR gets exposed to all sorts of situations….  2 minute drill, 4 minute offense,  red zone, starting games, ending games, on and on.   Then the final 9 games Richardson gets to try and figure it out for the entire game.  

I don’t think the timeline will be set in stone, it could get accelerated or slowed down depending on how he’s doing,  but I think your idea is the plan that makes the most sense to me.   Nothing else comes close.   

Footnote:  if any other poster made a similar post, sorry, but I missed it. 

I don’t see Richardson standing on the sidelines for a game or two.   I think the only question is how much AR plays and how soon?   

Apologies for the very long post.  Much to address.    Welcome back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Did you play No Man's Sky when it came out?  It was fun for about a day.   Then things became redundant 

I never played it on release no, but i heard all about it. I gave it about 6 hours of play time a year or so ago, it didn't seem all that much better, but i know it's the kind of game they would need more time to get a true gauge on it. 

On 6/27/2023 at 5:43 PM, teganslaw said:

Mixed opinions on this. I am optimistic about this season. New coach, new QB and certain players who were injured are getting healthy. Not thinking playoffs this early, but things can only improve after last season. 

Arodgers12, how do you think the Packers will do this season? 

I think we will win 6 games only this year.

On 6/27/2023 at 6:35 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Personally I am not wishing for a losing season just to pick a WR. When you get my age you don't wish wasting a season.  

Exactly,60 years this coming December I've been a Colts Fan and it disappointing for sure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys have had a great franchise.

Anything can happen this year with the Colts and Packers both. 1st season in a while where predicting how good or bad this team will be is really tough. We could win 4 games again or even win 9, depends on a lot of variables. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 7:24 AM, Chucklez said:

Nerd break

Nerd break over

Yeah its concerning no land vehicles but I think mods will add them later and I heard you can use jet packs. Most planets don't have life so I guess they want to keep realistic.... I don't think there will be intelligent aliens either which is weird because a lot of people think they are here on earth in real life. Lol 

I will be interested in Neon City, I heard its like Vegas and anything goes haha

As far as colts in '23 they have three potential units that could spell doom. But like I said previously, I think it's their turn to have a decent year in a weak division.