Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Damn right! Don't force it.... but IF he's ready to run a functioning offense without developing bad habits... let him play! He needs to play and gain experience much more than he needs to watch others play. 

Exactly. At minimum, he should be getting multiple drives each game and build towards starting. He only has 13 starts and needs reps, he is not going to get that by sitting on the bench.

2 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Anthony Richardson's arm strength compared to Jeff George? After seeing that Twitter video yesterday, I wonder. haha!

U ever see John Elway high-school highlights? Oh my. I have never seen anything like it. I can see why people say to this day he was highest graded qb ever coming out of college.

Just now, csmopar said:

Jeff George couldn’t move like AR can.

Didn't ask that. Is Richardson in best arms of all time discussion eventually?  He threw 60 yards on flat footed on that tape. Remember seeing George at training camping throwing 60 yards like it was effortless too.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

So do we know his S2 score? All I can find is that he reportedly knocked it out of the park. 

79%.  But, those numbers that were released don’t think we’re confirmed and test owner said they weren’t all accurate

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

U ever see John Elway high-school highlights? Oh my. I have never seen anything like it. I can see why people say to this day he was highest graded qb ever coming out of college.

What QB has the strongest arm in history?

this quarterback arguably. has the greatest arm in the history of football. his name is Jeff George, and he was a generational talent.Feb 2, 2023  from Google

So do we know his S2 score? All I can find is that he reportedly knocked it out of the park. 

One of the tweets that had Stroud with an 18 showed Richardson with a 79, but that was most likely just one test.

• Thanks 1

Just now, presto123 said:

What QB has the strongest arm in history?

this quarterback arguably. has the greatest arm in the history of football. his name is Jeff George, and he was a generational talent.Feb 2, 2023  from Google

wrong.  Uncle Rico.  Could throw football over mountains

I fully admit I was wrong about us and Levis. 

Don’t beat yourself up too much.  You are hardly the first person to be wrong on a message board.  You gave your opinion.  That’s what this place is for.  No need to own being wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So Ballard was telling the truth when he said we could get our QB at 4. He said he knew months ago he was the pick. Sounds like he had him 1st on his board.

Of course he did. He wanted Lance and Fields. Considered trading up for Herbert. And Steichen... I think Steichen was a big driver here. I gave my reasons throughout the off-season... but the moment we hired Steichen, Richardson IMO became a real high possibility. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I hope we trade up into the middle of round 1 to get another guy. 

If I was the Colts would get a guard and another wr. Let's build this O so that it will be easier for Richardson to succeed. Defense might have to take a hit for a year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I’d rather have Richardson over Levis. 

The Colts must have had the same concerns I did, because they had their pick. 

Richardson was a good choice. 

That said, we cannot overlook the fact that Steichen is a liar. It’s something we’re going to have to adjust to. We’ve had several years of an honest Ballard. Steichen is not going to be truthful. It’s a trait we should all be concerned about. 

I know the shots are coming my way for saying this, but if you think about it… It’s deserved. 

Yeah, little bit of an ego on you. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Of course he did. He wanted Lance and Fields. Considered trading up for Herbert. And Steichen... I think Steichen was a big driver here. I gave my reasons throughout the off-season... but the moment we hired Steichen, Richardson IMO became a real high possibility. 

Don’t sleep on Ballard being in KC’s draft room when Mahomes was picked either.  

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If I was the Colts would get a guard and another wr. Let's build this O so that it will be easier for Richardson to succeed. Defense might have to take a hit for a year.

I agree. Lamar won MVP because of a FB and mauling OL, the OL is the fix we need above anything else to help the rookie. Will be fun watching AR and JT with a very good OL, excited about that :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Big Ben waited and went to a better team, so Levis could have better team support 

Rodgers and Lamar Jackson did fine too

Maybe Patriots. 

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Don’t beat yourself up too much.  You are hardly the first person to be wrong on a message board.  You gave your opinion.  That’s what this place is for.  No need to own being wrong.

Naw I’m all good. I was just saying I thought Levis was the guy since last year. But with Shane perhaps things changed. Regardless I’m super happy tonight and ready to welcome our new QB to Indy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I'm laughing at all these takes online already dismissing this 20 year old immediately lol. 

It is what it is.  People are giving you their reaction to the pick.  I think the vast majority who might not be the biggest fan of the pick (like me) are willing to give him a chance and are hoping the best for him even if they don’t think it will work.  It’s their reaction tonight on draft night.  It doesn’t mean they are going pull for him to fail.  

I’ve said all along I didn’t want Richardson because I think he will be a bust yet if he became the Colts QB I’d pull for him and that’s exactly what I am going to do.  He’s here now so I want him to be successful because if he’s successful the Colts will be.  

• Like 1

Listening to Steichen talk, it sounds like no matter who the starter is at the beginning of the season, they'll have a plan to get Richardson on the field sooner than later. I'm eager to see what that looks like, but I hope they have at least a couple of packages for him, and not just short yardage, QB run stuff. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1