Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lombardi on Richardson and Levi. Not a pretty NFL grade.

Moosejawcolt

Look how many teams passed on Marino.  Or Rodgers.  None of these guys know.  Truth is you roll the dice and do your best.

Don't let Lombardi's nonsense sour you on the options this year.  Having a little hope is so much better, whoever they pick.

When picking a qb there are very few "locks" for nfl stardom. This year, in my opinion, Stroud is the only lock. He started 28 games at OSU I think and I've probably watched all but 3 of them and I can't see why so many people nit pick and think they can find faults in his game. Next best chance for success in this years draft is Hooker. Then the wild card is Richardson, last October I called Richardson the "worst player in college football this season",but as the season progressed into November and December you could see how much he had improved and developed. Will he ever be a good or great nfl qb? I don't know, but there is something about his play that says he does have a chance. I never thought Hurts would develop as he has, and guess what- our head coach is the guy who developed Hurts. So, Stroud, Hooker, and I never thought I'd say this, but Richardson would be good choices for the Colts. But remember  people there are normally only 2 or 3 very successful qb's out of every draft. And for those of you who think Caleb Williams or Drake Maye will be the answer next year, hahahahaha.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

When did Mike Lombardi become the smartest guy in the room?  

Oh brother. I just provide the pod cast. He is providing info based on an NFL grading system and not on what the TV guys say because they don't use that grading system.

9 hours ago, Gigc said:

I'll trust Ballard and his crew over Lombardi.

And where has that gotten us? 6 qbs, a fired coach and a record below 500. Trust is a strong word. It's all we got.

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

He always has been the smartest guy in the room, just ask him. 

That's Ballard

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

But how else is he going to get that jeans endorsement money? 

Levis and the Levi company have to be working on a campaign already, right? If Bubly could make it work with Michael Buble, this should be automatic.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh brother. I just provide the pod cast. He is providing info based on an NFL grading system and not on what the TV guys say because they don't use that grading system.

Oh Brother?    You’ve been providing his podcast for roughly a month now and adding your commentary which typically is in agreement.   And you act as if you’re providing this community a service because we now have the genius insights of the great Mike Lombardi.   I hardly think the question was out of line….

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And where has that gotten us? 6 qbs, a fired coach and a record below 500. Trust is a strong word. It's all we got.

That's Ballard

6 QBs?    

And again….   These decisions have not been Ballard’s alone.   They’ve been done with the input of Irsay and Reich.   Which you always ignored.    And it’s now being done with the input of Irsay and Steichen.   Which you continue to ignore. 

Like many haters here, you’re looking for simple answers to complex problems. 

This will only get worse until Thursday night. Most pundits bloviate to get readers, like and attention.

No pundit has ever picked the top 15 on ANY draft so when we pick everyone will know. I still think it will be Stroud however OSU QB's have never faired well in recent years  

4 hours ago, Superman said:

Biggest reason to hope the Colts don't draft Levis is so I don't have to keep seeing moosejawcolt type "Levi". 

lol...thanks. I am going to answer my detractors. A lot of times when i am typing while  I am on the road listening to podcasts and typing at the same time. Excuse me for many of my errors.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

6 QBs?    

And again….   These decisions have not been Ballard’s alone.   They’ve been done with the input of Irsay and Reich.   Which you always ignored.    And it’s now being done with the input of Irsay and Steichen.   Which you continue to ignore. 

Like many haters here, you’re looking for simple answers to complex problems. 

I am not disgreeing with Riech and Irsay's supposed input. However, I think he gets a pass for  the supposed interference. I always go back to two main areas. He believes in the trenches and the capital put into those areas has not yielded the desired results and that is on Ballard.  He could have been easily fired for those 2 areas alone.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

lol...thanks. I am going to answer my detractors. A lot of times when i am typing while  I am on the road listening to podcasts and typing at the same time. Excuse me for many of my errors.

I think we're all sick of his name being autocorrected to Levi's.  So if he's the guy we draft, I'm starting a petition to change his name.

But instead, I hope we're all learning how to spell Coleridge by Friday.

the biggest issue w AR is his inexperience, 20 years old, has a rocket of an arm (Jordan Palmer said AR has one of the best arms he ever seen) and seems to be legit when it comes to attitude

in my opinion, in an AFC stacked w qbs like this era, we must get Richardson to give us a chance to be great

40 minutes ago, rayski said:

the biggest issue w AR is his inexperience, 20 years old, has a rocket of an arm (Jordan Palmer said AR has one of the best arms he ever seen) and seems to be legit when it comes to attitude

in my opinion, in an AFC stacked w qbs like this era, we must get Richardson to give us a chance to be great

I wonder sometimes if Ballard and Steichen hope that Levis is picked as they would then they choose Richardson,. I dont think Stroud or Young is who they favor,.

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I wonder sometimes if Ballard and Steichen hope that Levis is picked as they would then they choose Richardson,. I dont think Stroud or Young is who they favor,.

Personally I’ll be surprised if Levis is a top 10 pick, maybe even top 20, imo he is in the conversation because of the constant need at qb in the league, like a Jake Locker situation 

But if he comes to us, we got to support him

Thank the good Lord that everyone's OPINION will be over following this weekend!!

I need to spend the next few months figuring out HOW to get someone to pay me $$ for MY opinion - with no accountability for correctness - and - the ability to change your opinion every little whipstich!!

8 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Thank the good Lord that everyone's OPINION will be over following this weekend!!

I need to spend the next few months figuring out HOW to get someone to pay me $$ for MY opinion - with no accountability for correctness - and - the ability to change your opinion every little whipstich!!

Get a wig if you don't have the hair, a nice pair of glasses and spend money on appropriate hair gel....:thmup:

image.png.0024ad0fb953fe7bf1a7fcf968704d12.png

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

Get a wig if you don't have the hair, a nice pair of glasses and spend money on appropriate hair gel....:thmup:

image.png.0024ad0fb953fe7bf1a7fcf968704d12.png

Thanks so much for the advice. 

IF I end up with the big $$$ - I'll be sure to take you out for dinner at St Elmo's.

Archived