Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A petition going around...

bluephantom87

31 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Well with that kinda start he would be just as good as Frank right?

Depends on if the Colts draft a Qb this year or not. If Jeff is hired it all depends on how the games are played not wins and losses the first year. Especially with a rookie qb.  

I think if the assembly of Coordinators and coaches Jeff has in his back pocket was revealed some might be swayed more for or against his hire. 

I'd hope Bubba is kept atleast. Does anybody not think Irsay and Ballard talk to the coaches about what they see having worked with Jeff? 

Colts are going to draft a qb. Fans will riot if they dont.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Stephen said:

My concern is with jeff being as inexperienced as he is would he even be able to develope a rookie qb

It wouldn't be intirely Jeff's job to do that.  That goes to the OC and the QB coach. 

That what I was referring to when I said some forgot what a HCs job is. 

12 hours ago, Shive said:

Change.org is just a platform where anyone can start a petition and a Colts fan started this one on there.

Ok thanks.  I wouldn't know where to start a petition.  By its nature, Change.Org tends to attract activists so I can see the fit.

On 1/28/2023 at 12:10 PM, CanuckColtsFan said:

I've been a Colts fan a while. I'm sure people in their 60s have seen some things. There are considerable inputs to being a fan 400$ for the nfl package is one. 3 hours a week is another and various expenses like going to games. I live up in Canada and have seen the Colts play twice. If the ownership doesn't want to take this seriously then why should I? Saturday is not qualified in any way shape or form. His record speaks to that. He's on the wrong side of the biggest comeback in history.  One of the worst 4th quarters in NFL history.  I pay for football not a clown show. If Saturday is hired as coach I will be finding a new team. Maybe one closer to where I live.

So you are saying that if Jeff is hired you will change teams? So what if a "qualified" coach is hired and stinks also? Still going to be a "Colts" fan?   

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

Colts are going to draft a qb. Fans will riot if they dont.

Ok I should have been more clear. Maybe I should have said one of the top qbs in the first round.   I highly doubt Colts' fans would riot literally, we leave that to some of the other teams fans'. 

On 1/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It amazes me how many fans think they know more than Irsay and Ballard. Many of those same fans thought Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Carson Wentz, and Zack Wilson would be franchise QB's and wanted them here. If fans ran the franchise we would be in Hawaii, it would be the Hawaii Colts! and no longer in Indy because we would have sucked for the last 10 years. Look I don't want Saturday back either but these know it all's need to slow their roll. How good has Bill Belichick been without Tom Brady? A Coach needs a QB, look at what Caldwell did with Peyton, he started 14-0 and went to the SB. chuckling homer simpson GIF- I can say Caldwell is a better coach than Belichick when he had a better QB which would be 100% factual. Belichick without Brady = below .500.

I said the same thing about belichick in another thread. Very few coaches have been able to win without a top qb. Brady and manning have won a sb on different teams. How many coaches have done that without a top qb? The qb is much more important than the coach. The qb will make the coach look better than the coach makes the qb look better.

22 hours ago, sb41champs said:

One more thought - do you think that whomever that petition would be presented to - would pay the slightest bit of attention to it?

Well, Irsay seems to have been ignoring his GM this year, so I imagine a petition wouldn’t matter much to him. But who knows, as this is Jimmy Irsay who has had an “interesting” history.

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So..    as of Thursday mid-day, the petition didn’t have 2500 signatures.   Today, I don’t know how many it has?   4000?  5000?   Less? 

So far, this is a BIG Nothing Burger.  There’s no beef to it.  This will worry absolutely no one with the Colts.   Not Irsay, not Ballard, not anyone.   This will not move the needle. 

This is much ado about nothing.  And I say that as someone who actually signed the petition! 

EDIT:   I’ve answered my own question:   As of this minute, 8p east coast, 5p west coast the petition has…….  3753 signatures.    The creator says he wants 5,000 signatures to attract the attention of “local news”.  

If anyone thinks this is a “hit piece” I’m here to say it has failed.   

I heard it made the National media and Adam Schefter reported on it? I could be wrong but if that's true I wouldn't say it failed. 

I don't think it was necessary meant to change the outcome of the next coach, but meant as a voice of colt fans that are getting tired of the way things are run and a way of embarrassing the owner......which I think they have succeeded in doing so. 

I've been a Colts fan a while. I'm sure people in their 60s have seen some things. There are considerable inputs to being a fan 400$ for the nfl package is one. 3 hours a week is another and various expenses like going to games. I live up in Canada and have seen the Colts play twice. If the ownership doesn't want to take this seriously then why should I? Saturday is not qualified in any way shape or form. His record speaks to that. He's on the wrong side of the biggest comeback in history.  One of the worst 4th quarters in NFL history.  I pay for football not a clown show. If Saturday is hired as coach I will be finding a new team. Maybe one closer to where I live.

How very Canadian of you.  Sail on…

On 1/28/2023 at 7:55 PM, NewColtsFan said:

So..    as of Thursday mid-day, the petition didn’t have 2500 signatures.   Today, I don’t know how many it has?   4000?  5000?   Less? 

So far, this is a BIG Nothing Burger.  There’s no beef to it.  This will worry absolutely no one with the Colts.   Not Irsay, not Ballard, not anyone.   This will not move the needle. 

This is much ado about nothing.  And I say that as someone who actually signed the petition! 

EDIT:   I’ve answered my own question:   As of this minute, 8p east coast, 5p west coast the petition has…….  3753 signatures.    The creator says he wants 5,000 signatures to attract the attention of “local news”.  

If anyone thinks this is a “hit piece” I’m here to say it has failed.   

Hey NCF I don't know if it was a failure or not. I started the topic because I heard about the petition from our local news that morning and was totally unaware that it even existed. At that time I don't think there were that many signatures on it. So the creator DID bring light to the situation both locally as well as nationally despite falling short of his failed goal of 5,000 signatures. By the way I am surprised you signed the petition because you are usually team Colt to a fault at times but I guess the Saturday possibility is even too much for you also. 

8 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Hey NCF I don't know if it was a failure or not. I started the topic because I heard about the petition from our local news that morning and was totally unaware that it even existed. At that time I don't think there were that many signatures on it. So the creator DID bring light to the situation both locally as well as nationally despite falling short of his failed goal of 5,000 signatures. By the way I am surprised you signed the petition because you are usually team Colt to a fault at times but I guess the Saturday possibility is even too much for you also. 

When I call it a failure….   All I’m saying is the Colts are NOT going to change anything by this.    Someone will casually mention this to someone higher up and they won’t bat an eye.  It will not move the needle.   Perhaps if there were 50,000 signatures instead of 5,000 it might mean something.   But 5,000?   Nothing changes.  

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When I call it a failure….   All I’m saying is the Colts are NOT going to change anything by this.    Someone will casually mention this to someone higher up and they won’t bat an eye.  It will not move the needle.   Perhaps if there were 50,000 signatures instead of 5,000 it might mean something.   But 5,000?   Nothing changes.  

I just meant from the creator's point of view because all he wanted was to get some media attention to shine light on the situation but I never thought 5,000 of anything would move the needle as far as the team was concerned. Like you said 50,000 maybe because that might be an indication of lost ticket sales. At this point I honestly believe that Irsay could care less about bad media press if HE believes that Saturday can coach his team.

People doing this petition to me are immature.  That is pathetic.  Let's hope Irsay has the brains to figure out Jeff is not HC material but puts him on staff where he could really do a good job.  I would be embarrassed about the petition.  Seems like bad sportsmanship. IMO.  I guess we'll find out sometime who gets the job!

Goodbye GIF

9 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

I started the topic because I heard about the petition from our local news that morning and was totally unaware that it even existed. At that time I don't think there were that many signatures on it. So the creator DID bring light to the situation both locally as well as nationally despite falling short of his failed goal of 5,000 signatures.

So this petition gets News airtime before it even has many signatures?  How did the News even know about it at that point?  Their "source" must have some connection to Change.Org and/or the originator of the petition.  Hmmmm.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

So this petition gets News airtime before it even has many signatures?  How did the News even know about it at that point?  Their "source" must have some connection to Change.Org and/or the originator of the petition.  Hmmmm.

Yep that it very possible.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:55 AM, coltsblue1844 said:

If you listened to Irsay, none of them would have gotten that audition. It was either Jeff said yes, or we rode it out with Frank until end of season and then fired him.

Yea I heard him say that which is a bad look for and to the current coaching staff 

47 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

It's not a done deal cowboy, Saturday isn't hired but yall have fun with a dumpster fire if it happens. 

Ok.  I lived through the 80s and 90s as a Colts fan.   Frank Kush, Rod Dowhower,  Rick Venturi, Lindy Infante.  

I'll still be here.   I'm not a bandwagon fan

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

Or the person that started out was a member of the media.   Or a friend of a person in the media. 

On 1/28/2023 at 5:12 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I’ve seen the petition and I signed it.   I was reading a local Colts story and it had a link.  

The Colts likely will not pay much attention to it as there aren’t many people signing it. 

Thanks for the information - much appreciated!!

Archived