Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

College football is becoming a joke.  Sure there was under handed stuff that went on kn thr past.  However it is basically a professional  sports league.

Again….   We agree.    This is one of those cases where I think the phrase “be careful what you wish for, you might just get it” is appropriate.   Everyone wanted the kids to get paid.   But the structure of the system is out of control and now, as you noted, college football is bigger business than ever before.  

I think it’s terrible for the overall health of college football. 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, buccolts said:

He'd have to have a heck of a combine, interview, and pro day to be considered at 4, but most will go by film, and he doesn't justify it there.

I could see taking him in a trade back,  but that's it right now.

Can't trade too far back as Panthers could take him perhaps.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Again….   We agree.    This is one of those cases where I think the phrase “be careful what you wish for, you might just get it” is appropriate.   Everyone wanted the kids to get paid.   But the structure of the system is out of control and now, as you noted, college football is bigger business than ever before.  

Holy Mother of God   I must go buy a lottery ticket lol.

Richardson holds zero interest to me.   Most analyst reviews I’ve read say Richardson is the type of kid who needs two years of sitting and learning not one. 

He only started one season.  He has less than 1000 career snaps.   Those are huge red flags for a quarterback where experience is everything.   

And FWIW, as if today, I don’t read anyone that I care about predicting him to go top-10.   Most have him going roughly pick 20-40.  That could change, but he wouldn’t be an option for me in the top-10.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Holy Mother of God   I must go buy a lottery ticket lol.

:thmup:       :funny:        :spit:

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Richardson holds zero interest to me.   Most analyst reviews I’ve read say Richardson is the type of kid who needs two years of sitting and learning not one. 

He only started one season.  He has less than 1000 career snaps.   Those are huge red flags for a quarterback where experience is everything.   

And FWIW, as if today, I don’t read anyone predicting him to go top-10.   Most have him going roughly pick 20-40.  That could change, but he wouldn’t be an option for me that high.  

If a new head coach comes jn and he is sold on a project? I could go with that  if thar project can be found in the 2nd round. That way we build for a couple of years behind that guy   until he is ready.  By that time, we will have gotten rid of  our  over bloated contracts.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And FWIW, as if today, I don’t read anyone that I care about predicting him to go top-10.   Most have him going roughly pick 20-40.  That could change, but he wouldn’t be an option for me in the top-10.

:thmup:       :funny:        :spit:

If notice some of my  replies are  jumbled. I am having a  lot of problems texting on my phone.

28 minutes ago, buccolts said:

He'd have to have a heck of a combine, interview, and pro day to be considered at 4, but most will go by film, and he doesn't justify it there.

I could see taking him in a trade back,  but that's it right now.

Panthers or raiders may take him if we traded back. If we are stuck with tanner mckee we would need a 2000 ravens defense to win with him

33 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Panthers or raiders may take him if we traded back. If we are stuck with tanner mckee we would need a 2000 ravens defense to win with him

PFF thinks McKee is a first round player.  

The four analysts at ESPN, (Kiper, McShay, Miller and Reid, plus other sites) believe McKee is roughly a pick from the 3rd round to the 5th.   Personally, as a Stanford fan, that’s the range where I’d more comfortable taking him. 

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

PFF thinks McKee is a first round player.  

The four analysts at ESPN, (Kiper, McShay, Miller and Reid, plus other sites) believe McKee is roughly a pick from the 3rd round to the 5th.   Personally, as a Stanford fan, that’s the range where I’d more comfortable taking him. 

McKee is a day 2 guy

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It’s interesting. After the Michigan game Ohio State fans were ready to throw Stroud and the whole team out. Then they play Georgia tough and now they’re shoving as much money as possibly to keep CJ for next year. 

That's the can of worms opened when they started paying college players like they were pros. 

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

The only way I see him as an early first is out of pure desperation, but I'll let the FO make those decisions.

5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

College football is becoming a joke.  Sure there was under handed stuff that went on kn thr past.  However it is basically a professional  sports league.

It always has been a professional sports league.   Except the schools were the only ones making money. 

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

All I know is I don’t want a QB from Alabama or OSU. History doesn’t bode well. And sure in the heck do not want to trade up for one of them. 

I don’t get this - past performance  does not guarantee future results. 

If all a team’s research indicates that Stroud or Young is THE guy, not taking them because of where they went to school seems odd. In fact couldn’t you make the counter argument - because where they went to school means they have played in big games against elite level college competition?

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What's the phrase?

"When the gods wish to punish someone, they give them what they asked for."

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

I don’t get this - past performance  does not guarantee future results. 

If all a team’s research indicates that Stroud or Young is THE guy, not taking them because of where they went to school seems odd. In fact couldn’t you make the counter argument - because where they went to school means they have played in big games against elite level college competition?

Surrounded by 5 star talent at every position. The systems both those schools run have not translated to the NFL very well. 

if your theory that playing against elite level college competition was true, then every QB from Bame and OSU the last ten years would have had better success at the Pro level but data and facts prove otherwise: 

could there be an outlier, absolutely there could be and one of Young or Stroud could be the next Mahomes.  Which is why you take the the swing on any QB. But I just hope we’re cautious and don’t bet the farm. It’s one thing to bet one year, it’s another to bet 3 years worth of picks on a guy that may be good, but the odds are, he won’t be. It’s a crap shoot. It really is.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The head of OSU NIL Collective

Hmm Stroud gonna stay?

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Surrounded by 5 star talent at every position. The systems both those schools run have not translated to the NFL very well. 

if your theory that playing against elite level college competition was true, then every QB from Bame and OSU the last ten years would have had better success at the Pro level but data and facts prove otherwise: 

could there be an outlier, absolutely there could be and one of Young or Stroud could be the next Mahomes.  Which is why you take the the swing on any QB. But I just hope we’re cautious and don’t bet the farm. It’s one thing to bet one year, it’s another to bet 3 years worth of picks on a guy that may be good, but the odds are, he won’t be. It’s a crap shoot. It really is.

Hmm Stroud gonna stay?

He also said last week no way he was staying.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He also said last week no way he was staying.

You have a link to this? I have never seen that he mentioned anything about saying he was gone. Plus he would have declared then. He is staying and getting a large NIL deal for the year. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

All I know is I don’t want a QB from Alabama or OSU. History doesn’t bode well. And sure in the heck do not want to trade up for one of them. 

Agreed.  A lot of the mock drafts have us trading up to #1 with Chicago by giving them a first round next year, Pittman, and Q so that we can draft Bryce Young.    Way too much.  He's good but he's not Peyton Manning and there are other comparable QB's left.  If the Bears, Cards, or Texans take him, fine.  If another team trades up (and gives away a lot), fine, but I don't think there's a need to do that.  We can get a good QB at 4.  Like I told a car salesman once who insisted that I buy the car right now and not think about it because someone is scheduled to look at it in a couple of hours, "I can wait.  If it's meant to be, the car will still be here.  If it isn't, it won't."   No need to mortgage the team to get a QB from this draft class.  

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If players are involved I can see the trade happening before free agency.  The Bears lead the league in cap space.  By securing players before FA they eliminate a position or two they might be targeting and they get to know the cap hit from the new player before FA starts.  Big advantage for them to do it before FA.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Yes.  This is simple math and common sense.  He can't be that crazy to stay.

luck and peyton passed up the money to return  but they had rich parents  .  i wonder if stroud comes from a household with money or not .  that would influence his decision . i really hope he comes out it would make the colts not have to trade up

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

luck and peyton passed up the money to return  but they had rich parents  .  i wonder if stroud comes from a household with money or not .  that would influence his decision . i really hope he comes out it would make the colts not have to trade up

He does not have money. His father is in jail. He bought his mother a house with his NIL money.

Archived