Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I still haven’t seen any proof for Bienemy?   Can you show me something?   Anything?

I have NOTHING. To my knowledge he didn't even get a second interview.

I just know when Bieniemy was interviewed during Super Bowl week, he claimed to have a good interview with the Colts.  I just have a hunch he is still in contention.

• He and Ballad knew each other in Kansas City. 
  • Bieniemy changed his agent this "coaching cycle" to help with alleged lack of interview skills
  • Bieniemy has not to my knowledge interviewed for any other HC coaching positions. Not even the Cardinals! Why?
  • Despite reports, Bieniemy has not interviewed for an OC jobs. His contract with KC ends in March. If he is not getting a HC position, why not an OC interview somewhere?
  • Most of the first round interviews were widely known. Bieniemy's was real quiet. Are we 100% sure he didn't have a second interview somewhere?

I think Steichen is the favorite. But as I just posted, the "so called experts" had Martindale in serious contention only a few days ago. I have a hunch that Bieniemy is still in contention. He may be a bad interview, but at some point his OC success has to matter someone.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Woah

WOW!

That's a big one. I had him as my second favorite after Steichen. 

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

So down to Morris or Steichen right? Has Saturday been confirmed he was told no or was that gossip/rumor?

The fact Morris hasn’t been eliminated, I’m thinking he just might be the pick. Nothing but a hunch.

We are all just going after "hunches" at this point. :thmup:

Just now, t-rex said:

I have NOTHING. To my knowledge he didn't even get a second interview.

I just know when Bieniemy was interviewed during Super Bowl week, he claimed to have a good interview with the Colts.  I just have a hunch he is still in contention.

• He and Ballad knew each other in Kansas City. 
  • Bieniemy changed his agent this "coaching cycle" to help with alleged lack of interview skills
  • Bieniemy has not to my knowledge interviewed for any other HC coaching positions. Not even the Cardinals! Why?
  • Despite reports, Bieniemy has not interviewed for an OC jobs. His contract with KC ends in March. If he is not getting a HC position, why not an OC interview somewhere?
  • Most of the first round interviews were widely known. Bieniemy's was real quiet. Are we 100% sure he didn't have a second interview somewhere?

I think Steichen is the favorite. But as I just posted, the "so called experts" had Martindale in serious contention only a few days ago. I have a hunch that Bieniemy is still in contention. He may be a bad interview, but at some point his OC success has to matter someone.

I don’t think it would be smart for Bieniemy to interview for a OC position when he is still a HC candidate.  Right now he still is.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

So down to Morris or Steichen right? Has Saturday been confirmed he was told no or was that gossip/rumor?

The fact Morris hasn’t been eliminated, I’m thinking he just might be the pick. Nothing but a hunch.

I think I’m forgetting someone? 

Just now, richard pallo said:

I don’t think it would be smart for Bieniemy to interview for a OC position when he is still a HC candidate.  Right now he still is.

My point exactly. At bare minimum, he believes he is still in contention. As as we can see by the news coming in today, other candidates have been told they are not.

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Forgot about him.

We better hear Saturday has been eliminated lol.

I didn't know Kafka or Bienemy were still in the running? If that is the case then everybody who has not taken another job is still in the running.

You should be asking can this guy guide and direct men? Can he command their respect? Can he hold himself and them to a high standard of accountability?  How good is his ability to identify problems when they arise and work with his people to come up with solutions when things dont work out. How capable is the staff he wants in terms of doing their jobs and executing his vision? Whoever the head coach is hes not going to be the one coordinating the offense. Hes not going to be the one working day in and day out with the QB anyway. How good is this guy at delivering his message and how well do people receive and execute what he wants done? I think thats the meat of this thing more so than anything else.

Dungy had a defensive background but we were never that good on defense. Pagano had a defensive background but we were never that good on defense. Frank had an offensive background but it didnt entirely turn out how we wanted it because he was not good in other areas that are not related to offense. Some of it was but not all. Just bc the HC sole background is offense or defense doesnt mean it will translate to team success. Especially if you fail at some of the key areas i listed above.

Me i like Morris the most because he communicates well, players respect and love him, hes actually led a staff before, he took a defensive scheme that wasnt even his and went and won a Super Bowl with it. He knows both sides of the football. Ive seen some say he can tell you the offensive side just as well as he does defense. Youre free to like who you will. Im just pointing a few things out.

7 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I didn't know Kafka or Bienemy were still in the running? If that is the case then everybody who has not taken another job is still in the running.

I was not aware Kafka was in contention enough to warrant a statement saying he has been eliminated. He was not a member of my final 9. Which is now a final 6.:D

Might just be me, but I’m a little relieved now that Callahan was eliminated.  Had him, Morris, or Steichen being the one.  All 3 had good traits, and couldn’t bring myself to choose any one out of the three.  Now it’s a 50/50 between Morris & Steichen.  I now lean more towards Steichen with the success of Herbert & Hurts 

Archived