Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 10: Colts @ Raiders, Sun, 11/13/22, 4:05 PM ET

NFLfan

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

As a team, they suck at sacks. 

But Crosby is #2 highest graded edge defender in the NFL. 

He has been top 10ish IIRC in pressures of DE the year.. 

that was kinda my point though i am not gonna say the line is fixed until i see progress for the rest of the season . next week is a massive test with the eagles

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

If nothing else, one thing is certain: Jeff has some football IQ!

I think that's what Irsay meant with his "scared" comment.  It came out wrong.... But Frank had 5 years of baggage over new QBs.... Bad calls on going for it....etc.  abandoned the run..... Too many preconceived notions he felt he needed to disprove at times maybe.

Just now, richard pallo said:

I wonder how many here are rooting against Jeff and the Colts right now.

Here as in on this sight?  You're crazy.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

13-7... 

nice quick drive to get the FG...

How many times this year:

• 1Q TD
  • Half time lead....

Ryan 78% (14/18), and 100+ passer rating... 

jeff-saturday.gif

Just removing Frank is addition by subtraction. But Saturday has pressed the right buttons so far.

• Like 2

I LOVE the balance on offense right now.  18 passes vs 13 rushes.  Defense is showing up again.  Allowed one score and that was off of a turnover.  

I would like to see us keep hitting them with a balanced attack but let’s start testing them deep.  Other than that, we’re playing winning football.  Balanced offense, good defense.  Just can’t turn it over.

and say what you want, this team looks ready to go.  Scored 10 points in the first quarter through 9 games.  Jeff gets us on the board in the first qtr in his first game.  

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

that was kinda my point though i am not gonna say the line is fixed until i see progress for the rest of the season . next week is a massive test with the eagles

Yeah, next week is going to be THE challenge of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I never thought he was washed. Thought the move to Sam was confusing but exciting. After seeing him for 2 games though Ryan is clearly by far the better option. 

So either Frank made a bad call (personnel change)

Or Irsay forced it, and Jeff reversed it... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

I know it is only one half of play... This is looking like what we thought we would see, earlier in the season... Balanced.. Productive...

image.png.f628d9b7bd5a6ccaddb29e6341368c1e.png

i like how we’re sticking with the run even when it doesn’t work.  Against this bad defense, he’s going to break one open as the game goes

• Like 2

Just now, Solid84 said:

Burleson is right. 

As great as this looks right now we can’t really judge this until the “adrenalin” wears off.

I’ll take what I’m seeing right now though. 

Next week vs the Eagles is a true test for both trenches. They’re one of the best O-lines in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

Burleson is right. 

As great as this looks right now we can’t really judge this until the “adrenalin” wears off.

He’s right, this could end up being fool’s gold, but much better to start off strong than come out looking like we did against the Patriots

• Like 2

Just now, Solid84 said:

Burleson is right. 

Agreed. Like what I’m seeing, hoping this is systemic vs everyone temporarily invigorated with a change of blood.

Lets temper our expectations if we win, but enjoy it since we’ve not had too many of those this year.

• Like 1

The challenge for this team right now is to figure out how not to self destruct. I swear, I've seen BAD Colt teams make mistakes, but I NEVER seen a Colts team with this much talent find ways to destroy themselves. Keke's already done it today on a drive that would have scored points. 

Having said all of that, and even with Matt playing well, I'd rather run with Sam. That way we either lose out and get in better position for a 1st round QB or we find out that sam can be THE guy.

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

Well you know what happens to Undefeated teams when they play the Colts right ? Look up the stats . 

2007 Patriots were 8-0 when they played us on their way to 16-0, that’s what I remember. This Eagles start and their schedule gives them a good chance to be 15-2 or 16-1, IMO. We’ll see.