Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck vs Mallet

Phil J

I think Hoyer will continue to beat out Mallert. NE is very high on Hoyer...of course perhaps they are just trying to stir up another 2nd round pick for their overrated back up like teams like Philly got for theirs. Cassell certainly hasn't been anything special.

I also think Luck/Locker and Luck/Gabbert will be great rivalries (that we will eventually dominate)

If Gabbert is still in the league.

I do think Locker looked pretty good at times last season. Def. agree that will be an interesting rivalry if they both progress.

Mallet is pretty old for a soon-to-be 2nd year QB. I believe hes gonna be turning 25 when the season starts, im not entirely sure. Brady also said he wants to play until hes 40, but you know NE, they might ship him out when he starts his decline. If mallet stays and eventually starts in NE, it will probably be when hes already a seasoned vet. Meanwhile Luck continues to develop and hopefully will be elite status by that time.

Id like a Luck/Locker division rivalry. Division games that people wanna see, like the Steelers and Ravens, but probably not as physical as those two. More offense oriented

Jim Miller said that Mallet has the best arm between he, Luck, and RG3. That may be true (most people agree that RG3 has a better arm than Luck), but he's a statue out there. No defense has to worry about him leaving the pocket.

Right now I don't care who the Patriots have as QB because they're not our big rivals anymore. Not until we have a team that can compete.

I also think Luck/Locker and Luck/Gabbert will be great rivalries (that we will eventually dominate)

If Gabbert is even there much longer. I was never sold on Gabbert before the draft last year. I think Luck and Locker will be fun to watch. As for within the same conference, I'll go with Luck vs Dalton could turn out to be a fun rivalry. Pittsburgh's defense is old and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed aren't too far from retirement. That leaves the AFC North open for the Bengals to take

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - personal shot

I doubt the Patriots are going to be using a closing in on 30 years old Mallet after Brady retires for the starting QB. Their next QB is not on their current roster.

Could you tell me what the winning powerball #s will be tommorrow night? You seem to know everything.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - response to personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - response to personal shot

Could you tell me what the winning powerball #s will be tommorrow night? You seem to know everything.

Tell why it makes sense to play a 30 year old back up when Brady retires smartbutt? He said he wants to play for years to come. So unless he retires/injured unexpectedly they will have a new kid come in after.

I doubt the Patriots are going to be using a closing in on 30 years old Mallet after Brady retires for the starting QB. Their next QB is not on their current roster.

Tom Brady will be 35 yrs. old in a few months, Ryan Mallett is 23. I highly doubt Brady makes it to 42 yrs. old. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Tom Brady will be 35 yrs. old in a few months, Ryan Mallett is 23. I highly doubt Brady makes it to 42 yrs. old. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

He wants to play until he is 40. So that's five more seasons. So that's why I said close to 30 years old, 29 to be exact when Tom is 40. SO he would be 30 when he "starts" his fist season.

He wants to play until he is 40. So that's five more seasons. So that's why I said close to 30 years old, 29 to be exact when Tom is 40. SO he would be 30 when he "starts" his fist season.

There's a big difference in "wanting to" and being able to. The second Brady's skills start declining, Belichick will drop him like a bad habit.

There's a big difference in "wanting to" and being able to. The second Brady's skills start declining, Belichick will drop him like a bad habit.

Belichick will be gone when Brady is. Fischer was head coach for seventeen seasons, the longest tenure ever. The same number for Bill in five years. If Tom says he can play I bet Kraft will honor that. He is respectful, unlike other owners.

I think RGIII is terribly overrated, so I don't think there will be a Luck/RGIII rivalry.

I will love it when Luck is kicking the Patriots bottoms and whoever their QB is and they are longing for the days of Brady.

If we aren't longing the days of Manning first. You never know.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - inflammatory

If we aren't longing the days of Manning first. You never know.

Get over it kid. We cut manning and moved on. You are now getting rather annoying with ur pathetic childish posts on every thread.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - personal argument

you are already longing them. it never ended for you. let it go. I don't see you crying over Johhny U.

Get over it kid. We cut manning and moved on. You are now getting rather annoying with ur pathetic childish posts on every thread.

Why am I not surprised youse think this has to do with releasing Manning. He simply said they we'll be wishing for their former QB because their "new" team will potentially suck. That can happen to us and everyone would be reminiscing days of old.But I guess people refuse to separate statements, and use their brains these days. Althoughh youse two already have him in Canton, so that possibly can't happen.

Why am I not surprised youse think this has to do with releasing Manning. He simply said they we'll be wishing for their former QB because their "new" team will potentially suck. That can happen to us and everyone would be reminiscing days of old.But I guess people refuse to separate statements, and use their brains these days. Althoughh youse two already have him in Canton, so that possibly can't happen.

C'MON MAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he is in canton eventually.... But I realize, without it being pointed out at every chance, that any player could suck. Forgive me for hoping the next colts QB is not a bust. Get behind Andrew Luck.

C'MON MAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he is in canton eventually.... But I realize, without it being pointed out at every chance, that any player could suck. Forgive me for hoping the next colts QB is not a bust. Get behind Andrew Luck.

Quite a change in tune. Seeing as your quick jump to a conclusion was wrong. Sorry, I don't have a positive, or negative, opinion about someone I know nothing about in the NFL. I'll wait to see him play before praises are given.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - commenting on personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2012 - commenting on personal argument

you are already longing them. it never ended for you. let it go. I don't see you crying over Johhny U.

Do you not see the irony inherent in your own "pathetic childish post" , uh "kid".

For those who weren't even born when Unitas was traded, I'll point out that even though he was clearly just a shell of his former self, it was only after he retired and that Bert Jones began to establish himself that rooting for the Colts once again became tolerable. I STILL growl when I hear the name Joe Thomas. In the meantime Jones wasn't his immediate replacement, that was Marty Domres, a very high draft pick who was a bust. "Oooops. You mean that it isn't guaranteed that Luck will be a future hall-of-famer? But but but but they said on tv..........". Oh, and Johnny U isn't starting right now for a better team in the same conference.

You can't forbid people from referring to Peyton. If you don't think that most Colt fans will be "pining" for him if he plays at anything near his former level, or if Luck doesn't quickly establish himself as a rising star in this league, you're kidding yourself. Don't jump down Fx Stryker's throught for stating the obvious in a reasonable and rational fashion. He didn't do anything wrong. The LAST thing this site needs is for this nonsense to start up all over again.

Quite a change in tune. Seeing as your quick jump to a conclusion was wrong. Sorry, I don't have a positive, or negative, opinion about someone I know nothing about in the NFL. I'll wait to see him play before praises are given.

you'll wait to see him play before praises are given, but you have no problem trashing him before seeing him play. nice double standard.

you'll wait to see him play before praises are given, but you have no problem trashing him before seeing him play. nice double standard.

When have I ever trashed Luck? You can go through every post of mine if you please. Never once have I been negative towards the kid. The over-hypers, that's a different story.

A personal argument that included several personal shots has been removed from this thread

Reminder:

Please be respectful of your fellow members. Every registered member agrees upon registration not to use these forums to post material or topics which are knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic or lewd, physically threatening, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members. If you respond to abusive speech with abusive speech, you lose your right to seek moderator intervention.

Please do not post in an inflamatory manner: Flaming, also known as bashing, is hostile and insulting interaction between forum members. Intentional and unintentional 'Flames' include questioning someones intelligence or fandom as well as any other post that is likely to increase arguments on the forum such as linking to another teams forum.