Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Much Do You trust Ballard with This teams future?

Defjamz26

Do You Trust Ballard   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Ballard to Draft the QB of the future for the Colts?

• Yes, I think he can get it right
    • No, I think he’ll blow it
    • No, I think he’ll just keep patching the position and never spend premium draft capital on one
  2. 2. Do You Trust Ballard to Hire the right Head Coach if Reich is Let Go?

• Yes, I think he can find a legitimate upgrade
    • No, he’ll just hire someone else in the same mold as Reich

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really at all.  He has a few hits and a number of misses, I fear we will wallow in mediocrity with him at the helm moving forward. Loading up on the low-end draft picks and signing aging vets as a solution is like throwing spaghetti at the wall. Not asking for a Ditka - Ricky Williams bonehead move, but to get that marquis QB it is foolish to assume there are going to be a lot of locks down line in the draft, and we consistently seem to end up smack dab in the middle.   

5 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Chris and Frank could both be fired if we have a couple bad years in a row.

If we win less than 5 games this year then frank is probably gone and Chris' seat warms up quickly.  

if we win 7-8 games this year then both probably come back but the leash gets shorter 

I think if we miss the playoffs, Frank will be fired. Ballard's job is safe IMO for at least 2 or 3 more years, JMO.

2 minutes ago, James said:

I trust his talent evaluation, but I don’t trust his priorities when it comes to the construction of a modern day NFL roster. 

Ballard has failed at getting 1 bigtime playmaker, IMO that has been his fail. I would have gave up the farm to get a guy like Hill for Matt Ryan, look at how good Tua is now. Last year Tua was MEH. Put Hill with Pittman and we would be 2-0.

Full faith in CB.

If they miss the playoffs the coach is gone but CB will be back.

A few things to remember -

Luck walked out. Everybody blames CB for not getting a franchise QB and don’t realize how hard that is to do.

Free agents don’t always go to the highest bidder. We can all talk about who CB should have added but that player has to want to come to Indy.

Most teams that are good on the regular build their roster through the draft, and that seems the be CB’s strength. Yeah he has some misses, all teams do.. but he’s clearly a good talent evaluator.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@MPStack, I just don't see Irsay firing Ballard, he loves the guy. If we don't win this division which is weak, then I see Frank being the scapegoat. 

Reich being a "scapegoat" lol... 

Everyone but Reich, right.... 

Whenever was Reich was outstanding? When? Serious question. How?

It was not when with Chargers, as a play calling OC... 

So I guess when in Philly, as a non-play-caller OC lol......  with Wentz... who was our last season scapegoat.. right?

The guy who actually called plays in Philly, totally outcoached Reich two weeks ago. 

Trust the front office, we need a change at either HC or OC position.

EXTREMELY predictable playcalling that is borderline high school level. When defenses have that advantage over you, doesn't matter if you have 12 men on the field every play.

No trust as of now.

Ballard is a solid scout, but that's all he is. He has no idea how to build a team in the modern NFL. His unwillingness to draft a franchise QB and weapons around any QB we've had has made this team look laughable compared to the high-octane offenses in the AFC and around the league.

We could do much worse as far as a GM that hits or misses on draft picks, but when his philosophy remains the same and the GM is as stubborn as he is when it isn't working, this team has no chance to compete for the foreseeable future. At this point, our only chance is if the division remains weak, and we have a cinderella run through the playoffs.

We will always be the underdogs to any team with a franchise QB as long as Ballard is the GM.

Archived