Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Much Do You trust Ballard with This teams future?

Defjamz26

Do You Trust Ballard   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Ballard to Draft the QB of the future for the Colts?

• Yes, I think he can get it right
    • No, I think he’ll blow it
    • No, I think he’ll just keep patching the position and never spend premium draft capital on one
  2. 2. Do You Trust Ballard to Hire the right Head Coach if Reich is Let Go?

• Yes, I think he can find a legitimate upgrade
    • No, he’ll just hire someone else in the same mold as Reich

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Actually Ryan has $12M of his salary guaranteed for 2023 + $6M of restructure $ for a total of $18M in 2023 Dead Cap.
 As i look at OVERTHE CAP. Spotrac doesn't show any guaranteed $. Just the $6M restucture. So they are all out of wack. 
 NOT that i am jumping for joy over this.

The one I looked at, had a dead cap hit of 35M. Good to know and thanks for the clarification.  My mistake. :thmup:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ColtV said:

Right, I was just answering if we had the cap room then to add a #6 overall pick's contract(though they would probably have needed to go up to 4) in place of trading for Buckner and signing his contract. 

We had been considerably under the cap for a couple years when they gave Brissett that crazy pay raise. And we still had plenty to spend that is why they could give Buckner his enormous new contract.

The problem with your being a pick sixer is any assumption that San Diego would give up Herbert. They said it was never going to happen so why keep dreaming about What IF?

Just now, MPStack said:

The one I looked at, had a dead cap hit of 35M. Good to know and thanks for the clarification.  My mistake. :thmup:

I always use Spotrac, but again, when none of his $21M salary was shown as guaranteed, it was what the heck?

After 2 weeks i'm throwing the kitchen sink into moving up in the draft and post June dumping Ryan.  It must get much better!!

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The problem with your being a pick sixer is any assumption that San Diego would give up Herbert. They said it was never going to happen so why keep dreaming about What IF?

Would a dynamic WR like J. Jefferson or Lamb made more sense, seeing Herbert wasn’t an option? 

Holding Ballards first season against him is completely unfair and everyone thats doing it is only doing it because without that Luckless 4-12 season, they have absolutely no argument on firing Chris Ballard. He has posted a good record considering the lack of stability at QB. He has had 3 winning seasons out of the last 4. And IMO, he has done it with a bad coach who has cost them multiple games.

They also claim he hasnt addressed positions like DE, LT and WR but they wont give Pierce and Raimann a chance to fill those spots and ignore the fact Paye has had a pretty good start to the season and is on pace for double digit sacks.

All of this is pretty silly really. QB is the difference here. The Colts don't have a franchise QB in his prime and its hard to find one. If they did they would be an absolute force. People just go back thru drafts and cherry pick guys that worked out and say shoulda coulda woulda.......thats not how it works. 

12 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Actually Ryan has $12M of his salary guaranteed for 2023 + $6M of restructure $ for a total of $18M in 2023 Dead Cap.
 As i look at OVERTHE CAP. Spotrac doesn't show any guaranteed $. Just the $6M restucture. So they are all out of wack. 
 NOT that i am jumping for joy over this.

I think OTC is behind on the post-trade details from when IND restructured.

You are correct that the Colts split his $12M roster bonus this past year between this year and next. But as a gesture of good will, they gtd the rest of his contract (including the 2023 base salary). 

They could of course still restructure that salary into bonuses to spread it out, but he's got $35M in gtd cap left.

15 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Ballard has had his time. This team isn't a QB away. All the talent is in the wrong positions.  Yes hit a few winners but they aren't at the right positions.  We need LT, WR, TE, CB and Safety. What a mess. I would hate to be the guy that takes over.

The rebuild is going to be painful because we have no serious trade capital.   Almost all our good players are paid way too bring a return in non premium positions.

JT traded today might bring us something, Pittman could get us something, but they don't have a lot of time left on their Rookie deals.

We are a shambles and no one good is going to want this job.

That being said I could still see us make the playoffs this year.

That is how mad this division is. 

Best thing for the club is to continue to suck, and hit on a QB in the draft.  That's the only thing that is between the club and a long, slow painful rebuild.  We hit on a Manning, Luck, Burrow, Herbert type, we can turn it around and it will be an attractive job.

We keep drafting and paying Gs, Wills, inadequate Edges, non threatening WRs, etc.  It's going to be like the 80s again for this club. 

6 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Holding Ballards first season against him is completely unfair and everyone thats doing it is only doing it because without that Luckless 4-12 season, they have absolutely no argument on firing Chris Ballard. He has posted a good record considering the lack of stability at QB. He has had 3 winning seasons out of the last 4. And IMO, he has done it with a bad coach who has cost them multiple games.

They also claim he hasnt addressed positions like DE, LT and WR but they wont give Pierce and Raimann a chance to fill those spots and ignore the fact Paye has had a pretty good start to the season and is on pace for double digit sacks.

All of this is pretty silly really. QB is the difference here. The Colts don't have a franchise QB in his prime and its hard to find one. If they did they would be an absolute force. People just go back thru drafts and cherry pick guys that worked out and say shoulda coulda woulda.......thats not how it works. 

Hasn’t he created the lack of stability?  You can’t keep blaming luck retiring. This team has gotten worse. This slow go stuff is for the birds.

4 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Let me just say...I am not one of those people who is saying they should fire Ballard. However, I do believe his seat should definitely be very warm if they don't turn it around.

It can't be completely unfair to count the first season because Luck was out, but perfectly fine to include the second season, in which Luck played and had a career-best season. 

And to this point, that 2018 season is the only playoff win Ballard has had.

In the past 3 seasons+, the Colts are 27-23-1 with no AFCS titles, one playoff appearance and no playoff wins. They have faced the #30, #32 and #22 SOS during those years.  

That is a fringe playoff team at best. And into this year, it has devolved into one of the worst teams in the NFL so far.

If you want to put it on QB, then it's still on Ballard, whose job is to address it. 

When the expectations are high and the GM hasn't met them after several years, it is not uncommon for that team to make a change. 

12 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Let me just say...I am not one of those people who is saying they should fire Ballard. However, I do believe his seat should definitely be very warm if they don't turn it around.

It can't be completely unfair to count the first season because Luck was out, but perfectly fine to include the second season, in which Luck played and had a career-best season. 

And to this point, that 2018 season is the only playoff win Ballard has had.

In the past 3 seasons+, the Colts are 27-23-1 with no AFCS titles, one playoff appearance and no playoff wins. They have faced the #30, #32 and #22 SOS during those years.  

That is a fringe playoff team at best. And into this year, it has devolved into one of the worst teams in the NFL so far.

If you want to put it on QB, then it's still on Ballard, whose job is to address it. 

When the expectations are high and the GM hasn't met them after several years, it is not uncommon for that team to make a change. 

What are you talking about?

Luck was the franchise at that point.

He was injured his first season. The team was built around him. It was also an old regime not hired by Ballard. He is supposed to win anyways? With 1 draft and 1 offseason? 

You have RIDICULOUS  expectations nobody could satisfy.

So Ballard shouldnt get credit when the centerpiece of the franchise, who was the reason Ballard wanted this job in the first place, gets to play?

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

30 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hasn’t he created the lack of stability?  You can’t keep blaming luck retiring. This team has gotten worse. This slow go stuff is for the birds.

This is borderline incoherent. No he didnt create the fact franchise QBs dont fall out of the sky and are the hardest thing to find in all of sports. No. And YOU cant keep acting like it didnt happen and wasnt a huge blow to him and his plan for this team.

I didnt blame Luck retiring. I said you cant hold his first year against him when Luck was hurt and your entire argument is based on that. Thats all I said. 

When you remove that single year you realize Ballard is pretty well over .500 and your argument that the team is a mess gets exposed as an overly emotion over reaction to the fact we arent SB contenders because WE DONT HAVE A QB WHO CAN TAKE US THERE. 

You have unreasonable expectations. The Colts have had 3 winning seasons in the last 4 years with their worst year in that span being 7-9. You act like thats bad, but its not. Solve the QB riddle and this is a 12-13 win team. Easy. 

Just now, Goatface Killah said:

This is borderline incoherent. No he didnt create the fact franchise QBs dont fall out of the sky and are the hardest thing to find in all of sports. No. And YOU cant keep acting like it didnt happen and wasnt a huge blow to him and his plan for this team.

I didnt blame Luck retiring. I said you cant hold his first year against him when Luck was hurt and your entire argument is based on that. Thats all I said. 

When you remove that single year you realize Ballard is pretty well over .500 and your afgumemt that the team is a mess gets exposed as an overly emotion over reaction to the fact we arent SB contenders because WE DONT HAVE A QB WHO CAN TAKE US THERE. 

You have unreasonable expectations. The Colts have had 3 winning seasons in the last 4 years with their worst year in that span being 7-9. You act like thats bad, but its not. Solve the QB riddle and this is a 12-13 win team. Easy. 

There was two good QB drafts after luck retired.  You can’t use that excuse anymore. There is no question this team is worse. Ballard did a great job rebuilding. But after you rebuild you have to take the next step and use FA. 

The attitude by fans accepting average is what will keep them average.

29 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

This  fan base is horrible. 2 games into the 2022 season and you want to give up and fire a GM/Coach?  Really.. 

That happens when there are high expectations set by the team and local media. People feel duped and need somebody to blame. 

But let's be real...the Colts were win-and-in for the playoffs for the last two games last season...and completely collapsed.

Then had an entire offseason to figure it out and address needs/issues on the roster/field.

The schedule makers even gave them HOU and JAC to start...a great chance to start strong and move on from last season.

But instead, they basically continue their collapse from the previous season and start the season 0-1-1, scoring 20 points in 9 quarters of football. Outside of the 4Q-OT against HOU, they have scored 3 points.

Some negative reaction is just normal, especially when many of the issues have been present for a while.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There was two good QB drafts after luck retired.  You can’t use that excuse anymore. There is no question this team is worse. Ballard did a great job rebuilding. But after you rebuild you have to take the next step and use FA. 

The attitude by fans accepting average is what will keep them average.

2 good QB drafts that yielded what? 2-3 good QBs that we never had an opportunity to take?

Firing people who are good at their jobs will make this team worse. 

Didnt you suggest we give Ed Dodds the job? Hes already here! He would be a big part of what has been done here. Thats not gonna change anything.

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

You have unreasonable expectations. The Colts have had 3 winning seasons in the last 4 years with their worst year in that span being 7-9. You act like thats bad, but its not.

Grigson never had a losing season. Did he deserve to be fired? I believe so, why not Ballard? 

Solve the QB riddle and this is a 12-13 win team. Easy. 

The riddle hasn’t been solved

2 good QB drafts that yielded what? 2-3 good QBs that we never had an opportunity to take?

Firing people who are good at their jobs will make this team worse. 

Didnt you suggest we give Ed Dodds the job? Hes already here! He would be a big part of what has been done here. Thats not gonna change anything.

How long you going to wait. It’s the same stuff with Ballard year after year. Going to wait ten years.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Grigson never had a losing season. Did he deserve to be fired? I believe so, why not Ballard? 

The riddle hasn’t been solved

Again, you keep ignoring the huge difference in that Grigson had Andrew Luck and that changed the expectations for him. 

He was handed the number 1 pick in the draft in a season with a clear cut number 1 pick at QB. Thats the single greatest gift you could give a GM. 

Its a tough riddle to solve and outside of you suggesting he shouldve traded for Herbert in retrospect, which you have no idea if he even tried or not btw.....you dont have the answer either.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Asking A career backup to be your starting LT and expecting a rookie WR to be a star right away is not good GM practices when you sign a guy like Ryan. This is stuff you do in a rebuild.

Who expects Pierce to be a "star"

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

How long you going to wait. It’s the same stuff with Ballard year after year. Going to wait ten years.

We are gonna wait 8-10 years anyways, just like we did with Manning.

You wanna fire him and start from scratch. How long you think that is gonna take?

I would rather give Ballard 4 more years and a new coach. Absolutely. Let the man learn and get better at his job. Gice the team a better HC and a new voice. Keep your 3 1st team all pros in their prime and add to that. 

And maybe see how the season plays out.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well Ballard was the one who traded for him and then gave him the extension after the Luck retirement. He always sung his praises a lot more than Reich. Plus a top 20 QB isn’t a glowing review per say. Could mean he’s like 18th and just “average”.

It’s a glowing review when you’re perceived as the backup and not a starter.   That was a popular topic back in the day…. Was Brissett really that good?   Or was Frank talking him up so the Colts could get something good for him in a trade?  Remember how Frank used to call JB an elite leader?   He was very specific about selling that, 

Let me put this another way….   Ballard tries to give Frank players he wants.   Frank wanted Rivers, and Wentz and Ryan and got them all.   I think it’s a safe bet he was a JB fan. 

40 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Not holding the 2017 record against Ballard doesn't make a difference. 

He has made plenty of attempts to address DE but this team has not gotten anywhere close to the return on what they invested into that position. Now, maybe Paye and/or Dayo turn out to be pretty good. The problem right now (even if you don't count 2017) is we are 5 years into Ballard building this roster and the defensive line as an entire unit has not been a strength of this team. That is a problem. It's what Ballard has emphasized and where he has spent maybe the most resources. 

The problem with LT and WR is we are relying on a 2nd and 3rd round pick to make immediate contributions at those positions. Ballard himself has said that WR takes time and we know LT can be a tough position for rookies especially those outside of the first round. If you are rebuilding this isn't a big deal but just last week there was a story on ESPN about Matt Ryan coming to Indy to get a Superbowl. This organization has talked a big game about winning. You don't see real contenders take a passive approach. 

The other things Ballard did to address the LT and WR were questionable to begin with. Play Matt Pryor at LT? It's a position that many say people are born to play and Pryor has never played it. People said he will struggle with speed off the edge and he has. You have to give your QB time to throw. Whether it's Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, etc. 

The other receivers and tight ends on the roster...Ballard said in the offseason we can't rely on Paris Campbell to stay healthy but we go into this season relying on him to stay healthy. He hasn't shown anything. We also are relying on Dulin, MS, and Patmon. Jack Doyle retires and what do we do at tight end? Rely on Granson and draft another rookie in Woods to count on contributing right away?

QB is the difference here? It was Ballard himself who 6 years ago said this was never going to be about one guy. Now it's all about one guy though? Part of the reason the Colts went out acquired Rivers, Wentz, and now Ryan is they believed the roster was good enough around them...that it doesn't have to be about one guy. Now it is?  

You have to learn from mistakes of the past. It was a mistake to give Grigson and Pagano extensions, it was a mistake to fire Grigson and not Pagano. We need to stop trying to place more blame on the GM or the coach. Both deserves a lot of blame and the way this thing is headed both deserve to be let go. 5 years is plenty of time for a regime in the NFL. 

Again, you keep ignoring the huge difference in that Grigson had Andrew Luck and that changed the expectations for him. 

He was handed the number 1 pick in the draft in a season with a clear cut number 1 pick at QB. Thats the single greatest gift you could give a GM. 

Its a tough riddle to solve and outside of you suggesting he shouldve traded for Herbert in retrospect, which you have no idea if he even tried or not btw.....you dont have the answer either.

Who expects Pierce to be a "star"

Ballard clearly did because he is the number 2. How about signing a vet and have pierce as a 4. See How much better that makes your WR room. Where are the TE?  Once your through the rebuild you can’t keep relying on the draft only. We have the highest paid oline  and third highest paid dline. Both are bad. That’s in Ballard.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s a glowing review when you’re perceived as the backup and not a starter.   That was a popular topic back in the day…. Was Brissett really that good?   Or was Frank talking him up so the Colts could get something good for him in a trade?  Remember how Frank used to call JB an elite leader?   He was very specific about selling that, 

Let me put this another way….   Ballard tries to give Frank players he wants.   Frank wanted Rivers, and Wentz and Ryan and got them all.   I think it’s a safe bet he was a JB fan. 

I think it was Ballard trying to tell the team they believed in him and so there was no question who was the QB. Trying to instill confidence in his team after what happened. 

1 minute ago, aReggie7 said:

Not holding the 2017 record against Ballard doesn't make a difference. 

He has made plenty of attempts to address DE but this team has not gotten anywhere close to the return on what they invested into that position. Now, maybe Paye and/or Dayo turn out to be pretty good. The problem right now (even if you don't count 2017) is we are 5 years into Ballard building this roster and the defensive line as an entire unit has not been a strength of this team. That is a problem. It's what Ballard has emphasized and where he has spent maybe the most resources. 

The problem with LT and WR is we are relying on a 2nd and 3rd round pick to make immediate contributions at those positions. Ballard himself has said that WR takes time and we know LT can be a tough position for rookies especially those outside of the first round. If you are rebuilding this isn't a big deal but just last week there was a story on ESPN about Matt Ryan coming to Indy to get a Superbowl. This organization has talked a big game about winning. You don't see real contenders take a passive approach. 

The other things Ballard did to address the LT and WR were questionable to begin with. Play Matt Pryor at LT? It's a position that many say people are born to play and Pryor has never played it. People said he will struggle with speed off the edge and he has. You have to give your QB time to throw. Whether it's Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, etc. 

The other receivers and tight ends on the roster...Ballard said in the offseason we can't rely on Paris Campbell to stay healthy but we go into this season relying on him to stay healthy. He hasn't shown anything. We also are relying on Dulin, MS, and Patmon. Jack Doyle retires and what do we do at tight end? Rely on Granson and draft another rookie in Woods to count on contributing right away?

QB is the difference here? It was Ballard himself who 6 years ago said this was never going to be about one guy. Now it's all about one guy though? Part of the reason the Colts went out acquired Rivers, Wentz, and now Ryan is they believed the roster was good enough around them...that it doesn't have to be about one guy. Now it is?  

You have to learn from mistakes of the past. It was a mistake to give Grigson and Pagano extensions, it was a mistake to fire Grigson and not Pagano. We need to stop trying to place more blame on the GM or the coach. Both deserves a lot of blame and the way this thing is headed both deserve to be let go. 5 years is plenty of time for a regime in the NFL. 

Pryor played it last year lol

Ballard drafted a WR, tE and LT THIS year. Dont say he hasnt tried to address it. Those players need time to develop. 

He drafted Paye and Dayo last year and brought in a proven player in Ngakoue and they have had 2 freaking games togethet man.

Its way too early to make the claims youre making. 

And yes removing a 4-12 season takes him from 1 game below .500 to 7 games over. Thats absolutely substantial.

3 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Ballard drafted a WR, tE and LT THIS year. Dont say he hasnt tried to address it. Those players need time to develop. 

He drafted Paye and Dayo last year and brought in a proven player in Ngakoue and they have had 2 freaking games togethet man.

And yes removing a 4-12 season takes him from 1 game below .500 to 7 games over. Thats absolutely substantial.

He played one game at LT.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard clearly did because he is the number 2. How about signing a vet and have pierce as a 4. See How much better that makes your WR room. Where are the TE?  Once your through the rebuild you can’t keep relying on the draft only. We have the highest paid oline  and third highest paid dline. Both are bad. That’s in Ballard.

Sign who? Julio? Hes already hurt and youd be blaming Ballard for signing a broken down WR if he did that. Who?

The Colts dont have the money for a top level receiver. You just said Pierce needs to be a "star" to be a number 2, which isnt true, but a "star" wr commands over 20m dollars. We dont have that and I would rather let Pierce develop than sign Julio Jones for 6m and get absolutely nothing, I know that.

You wanna spend all that money and lose JT and Pittman in a year. Thats not a winning recipe.

The team MUST build thru the draft for that reason. He has told you that. Your impatience is on you. 

Sign who? Julio? Hes already hurt and youd be blaming Ballard for signing a broken down WR if he did that. Who?

The Colts dont have the money for a top level receiver. You just said Pierce needs to be a "star" to be a number 2, which isnt true, but a "star" wr commands over 20m dollars. We dont have that and I would rather let Pierce develop than sign Julio Jones for 6m and get absolutely nothing, I know that.

You wanna spend all that money and lose JT and Pittman in a year. Thats not a winning recipe.

The team MUST build thru the draft for that reason. He has told you that. Your impatience is on you. 

There was plenty of options that would of made the WR group better. It does is no good to not have a very good WR on the other side of Pittman. You need two studs in this league. You can still use the draft without totally relying on it. Kevin Bowen mentioned once your through the rebuild you should sign a good vet for every draft pick. Your just going to go in circles if you just keep using the draft.

2 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Eric Fisher was the LT last year. Julian Davenport started when Fisher couldn't play.

Teams that contend don't rely on rookies (particularly outside of round 1). That's the problem. In the long-term Pierce, Woods, and BR might be fine but the issue is this year. The criticism is about THIS year and not 2025.

What about all of the other resources on the defensive line? Has Buckner played up to expectations? Grover has been good. What about depth? We are supposed to be like 8 deep on the defensive line. I hope Yannick can step up and play like he has in the past. 

I will just say for me I really don't care about being 1 game below .500 or 7 games over. It's not only about record. 

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think it was Ballard trying to tell the team they believed in him and so there was no question who was the QB. Trying to instill confidence in his team after what happened. 

I believe it’s why Ballard gave Brissett the contract upgrade when he didn’t have to.  A giant vote of confidence to JB and the team.   I’ve said exactly that many times here over the years. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I believe it’s why Ballard gave Brissett the contract upgrade when he didn’t have to.  A giant vote of confidence to JB and the team.   I’ve said exactly that many times here over the years. 

We had so much salary cap it really didn’t matter. Where it did matter a little is when rivers was here and that second year of that deal. Can’t have a backup making that much. Could of used that money to upgrade the roster and help rivers.  

Just now, aReggie7 said:

Eric Fisher was the LT last year. Julian Davenport started when Fisher couldn't play.

Teams that contend don't rely on rookies (particularly outside of round 1). That's the problem. In the long-term Pierce, Woods, and BR might be fine but the issue is this year. The criticism is about THIS year and not 2025.

What about all of the other resources on the defensive line? Has Buckner played up to expectations? Grover has been good. What about depth? We are supposed to be like 8 deep on the defensive line. I hope Yannick can step up and play like he has in the past. 

I will just say for me I really don't care about being 1 game below .500 or 7 games over. It's not only about record. 

If you expected the Colts to win the SB this year, thats on you. For many of the reasons you listed. 

Its unrealistic. 

The Colts didnt have the means to go out and plug in high priced vets at all those positions. The only way they could address them was in the draft. They did that. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We had so much salary cap it really didn’t matter. Where it did matter a little is when rivers was here and that second year of that deal. Can’t have a backup making that much. Could of used that money to upgrade the roster and help rivers.  

But we didnt have that much salary cap space. We had a lot of roster spots to fill and several impending extensions to worry about. 

50 million dollars isnt a lot if you have 35 spots to fill.

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ballard loops Irsay in on everything but the coaching hire is on him. He interviews the candidates, and the final decision is his to make. 

I doubt Irsay gets involved in the QB decision. You think Jim is watching Will Levi’s tape lol? 

Also Ballard was the big Brissett fanboy, not Reich.

Ballard to JacobyValentines Day Love GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

10 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There was plenty of options that would of made the WR group better. It does is no good to not have a very good WR on the other side of Pittman. You need two studs in this league. You can still use the draft without totally relying on it. Kevin Bowen mentioned once your through the rebuild you should sign a good vet for every draft pick. Your just going to go in circles if you just keep using the draft.

Yes there was. I dont know who he pursued and you dont either.

He might have wanted to sign JuJu or MVS and they chose KC and Mahommes. I dont know?

3 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

If you expected the Colts to win the SB this year, thats on you. For many of the reasons you listed. 

Its unrealistic. 

The Colts didnt have the means to go out and plug in high priced vets at all those positions. The only way they could address them was in the draft. They did that. 

After your done rebuilding fans should be expecting a SB every year. Irsay scapegoated Wentz because Ryan was going to take us to the next level.

16 hours ago, DougDew said:

Haven't figured him out.  He drafted more boundary players and dynamic players the past two drafts, which is good. 

But that may only have been because we are pretty full at the interior positions.

I don't know if he is the guy to find a more "modern" coach.

His choices of coaches to interview last time - McDaniels, Mike Vrabel, Matt Rhule, Dan Campbell, Steve Wilks, Dave Toub, Matt Nagy...  Let me know if I'm missing someone... How do you feel about that list? 

Archived