Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Brady

strt182

7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Does he have that say so? Serious question

Reportedly, Rathman, the RB coach. used to go as far as rotating the RBs in during games.  Seems like a OC would have a fair amount of rope.

It has been said that Brady is a good play designer.  Whether or not Frank calls them is a different story. 

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

All I know is he is not contemplating any changes to the OL right now.  Kinda makes you wonder where his head is at.  

List out your best O-Lineman at each position.

LT-LG-C-RG-RT

Now I ask yo to play your best O-lineman at each position. It would be your same starting 5 in week 3 as it was in week 1 (barring injury). That doesn't mean that they are any good, but they're the best you have at those positions. 

Making a change for the sake of change doesn't necessarily improve the O-line.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Reportedly, Rathman, the RB coach. used to go as far as rotating the RBs in during games.  Seems like a OC would have a fair amount of rope.

It has been said that Brady is a good play designer.  Whether or not Frank calls them is a different story. 

That would be strausser.

Just now, DougDew said:

Because he thinks he's going to be interim HC soon......

I think the defense is closer to being good then the offense. The defense I think is still adjusting to Bradley ect. In reality giving up

20 and 24 points isn’t that bad.

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

All I know is he is not contemplating any changes to the OL right now.  Kinda makes you wonder where his head is at.  

Amazing, that after the last performance there is no coaching statement/ changes to the OL. Taylor is already going to have a more difficult time this year in that at a minimum Wentz was a threat to run, which would often freeze linebackers who needed to respect that threat instead of crashing the line of scrimmage.

3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

List out your best O-Lineman at each position.

LT-LG-C-RG-RT

Now I ask yo to play your best O-lineman at each position. It would be your same starting 5 in week 3 as it was in week 1 (barring injury). That doesn't mean that they are any good, but they're the best you have at those positions. 

Making a change for the sake of change doesn't necessarily improve the O-line.

Seriously?  If they are not performing you make a change.  That’s not making a change for the sake of change.  Players get benched all the time.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Seriously?  If they are not performing you make a change.  That’s not making a change for the sake of change.  Players get benched all the time.

You play your best 5. It's not personal, bud. We do not have anyone better right now. I wish we did.

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Go watch his presser. He looks like he has already been fired lol. Or his dog died. 

On the other side Bradley was happy and upbeat.

I did before I seen your post. I agree with with the take on Brady he kinda looks lost in the presser.  Wheres Franks presser for today? I haven't seen one yet. 

If Brady is designing the plays HE HAS TO GO for sure. Not covering for FRANK at ALL.  

We all can guess at who does what and what their role is but unless we are in the building we can't really say.   But Frank needs to grow a pair or its going to be his head. 

43 minutes ago, strt182 said:

I'm not trying to act dumb here but what does he do if Frank is calling the plays. Shouldn't he be in Franks ear at least telling him the ratio of run to pass, cheering the offense on the sidelines, going over plays? I haven't seen this out of Brady. 

The same thing nick sirani used to do , now he has the eagles looking like one of the best teams so maybe it’s frank

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

I did before I seen your post. I agree with with the take on Brady he kinda looks lost in the presser.  Wheres Franks presser for today? I haven't seen one yet. 

If Brady is designing the plays HE HAS TO GO for sure. Not covering for FRANK at ALL.  

We all can guess at who does what and what their role is but unless we are in the building we can't really say.   But Frank needs to grow a pair or its going to be his head. 

Reich has said multiple times the OC makes up the game plan every week.

Reich had one yesterday. Doesn’t do one on Tuesday’s. That’s for the coordinators. He will have one tomorrow before practice.

Just now, jbaron04 said:

The same thing nick sirani used to do , now he has the eagles looking like one of the best teams so maybe it’s frank

Is Nick calling the plays?  

Does anybody think that the rotation on the line is hurting more then helping? I think if you play the same guys together its easier to have each others back and find a true flaw if there is one ( there is ). Rotating guys in and out during the game other then when for sure needed kinda slows down the gelling process I would think.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reich had one yesterday. Doesn’t do one on Tuesday’s. That’s for the coordinators. He will have one tomorrow before practice.

Yea nick is calling the plays for the eagles 

4 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

It’s like the colts draft guys who don’t get production in college and expect them to come to the nfl and triple they college sack number 

You hit the name on the head. Sometimes you need to stop projecting and draft good football players who have the college production. Look what happens when they do that. You get Pittman and Taylor.

8 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Does anybody think that the rotation on the line is hurting more then helping? I think if you play the same guys together its easier to have each others back and find a true flaw if there is one ( there is ). Rotating guys in and out during the game other then when for sure needed kinda slows down the gelling process I would think.

Could be. I understand why they are doing it but it hurts oline chemistry.

11 minutes ago, strt182 said:

I am not seeing any rotation on the OL at all with the exception of Raiman for Pryor.  Raiman at 30% of LT snaps last week.  The rest of the OL are at 100% of snaps.

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I am not seeing any rotation on the OL at all with the exception of Raiman for Pryor.  Raiman at 30% of LT snaps last week.  The rest of the OL are at 100% of snaps.

Thats pretty much what I was talking about with the rotation. I can see some pros and cons. 

36 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Frank NEVER said that. It works just like they did it in Philly when Frank was the OC. The whole offensive staff contributes to the game plan, with the OC leading. And Frank SAID he gets into as many meetings as time allows.

Then, he and Brady are tweaking the game plan even into Friday. Ideas are expected from Everyone on the offensive staff. "Bring us a play".

Marcus is not an OC but a manager. He is not creative but he addresses the task that Frank has no time to do. We have no creative game plans and Reich is too overwhelmed to be creative. Matt Ryan is helpful but is limited in what our offense can do. Remember that Phillip knew Nick and Reich and the base of this offense, so he understood what to do to avoid tight situations. Reich had the chance to replace Marcus last year with a young up and coming offensive coordinator. He may have had to give up play calling if the OC is worth it. Reich is too stubborn to let go. 

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Frank NEVER said that. It works just like they did it in Philly when Frank was the OC. The whole offensive staff contributes to the game plan, with the OC leading. And Frank SAID he gets into as many meetings as time allows.

Then, he and Brady are tweaking the game plan even into Friday. Ideas are expected from Everyone on the offensive staff. "Bring us a play".

Yes he has. He has said that multiple times even clear back when Nick was here. He consistantly praised him for his scripted plays at the start of games too.

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yes he has. He has said that multiple times even clear back when Nick was here. He consistantly praised him for his scripted plays at the start of games too.

Titans coach was asked some of the same questions today about changes lol. Feels good for them to be going down with us.

Archived