Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Brady

strt182

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

All I know is he is not contemplating any changes to the OL right now.  Kinda makes you wonder where his head is at.  

Our offense is just like our defense no variety, like we never use motion to see if defense is in man or zone etc… like when ever we go tempo we do good, frank is so stubborn that he won’t do it unless we down 20. I understand if I go tempo and go 3 & out it’s bad for defense but all the fumbles and interceptions ain’t a problem doe lol 

Per the IndyStar:

"Just like Reich did with Doug Pederson in Philadelphia, the setup is for him and Brady to work together Monday through Saturday on a game plan that sets up a basic formula for calling plays on Sundays. It's a collaborative effort, with the two operating a little closer with their bread-and-butter positions in practice (quarterbacks for Reich, wide receivers for Brady), and together they script the first quarter or so of the game and talk throughout it on the rest of the calls."

So, in other words, I don't know that it would make much of a difference.

18 minutes ago, masterlock said:

Per the IndyStar:

"Just like Reich did with Doug Pederson in Philadelphia, the setup is for him and Brady to work together Monday through Saturday on a game plan that sets up a basic formula for calling plays on Sundays. It's a collaborative effort, with the two operating a little closer with their bread-and-butter positions in practice (quarterbacks for Reich, wide receivers for Brady), and together they script the first quarter or so of the game and talk throughout it on the rest of the calls."

So, in other words, I don't know that it would make much of a difference.

I wasn’t saying Reich didn’t have input.  My point still stands. He is the HC. Of course he has some input. Still doesn’t mean that Brady maybe isn’t that good and Reich is missing a better offensive mind to help in.

11 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

The biggest issue with the Colts offense is the OFFENSIVE line!!

The Colts brain trust put too much trust in our two new starters on the O-line.  If they can't adequately "man their positions" - the entire O-line collapses.

I would agree with this. Reich has his issues but when you can’t even get a quick pass off something is wrong. They might be to stubborn and make changes to late.

19 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Brady was probably only hired because he won’t challenge frank like nick did . Frank wants loyal yes men only .   I am sure if frank backed off and let Brady do his thing the offense would improve .  

I agree with this completly. It appears Frank uses the buddie system for coaches. OL coach is an example. Wenze and Foles also.  I saw this in falcons org, it spiraled into a complete total rebuild

Per the IndyStar:

So its Brady that works with the receivers.  There is some observations about the wrong kind of receivers running the wrong kinds of routes.  Who decides what receiver lines up in what spot?

Rathman used to dictate RB rotation, which one was on the field.  Odd, but that was the story.

Is Brady telling Patmon to line up at Z?

I mean, Frank can't be on the head set calling plays AND shuffling in wide receivers AND telling them where to line up.  That has to be coordinated beforehand...or by somebody else during the game.

On 9/20/2022 at 1:47 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That would be strausser.

I think the defense is closer to being good then the offense. The defense I think is still adjusting to Bradley ect. In reality giving up

20 and 24 points isn’t that bad.

Especially considering the offense hasn't done % and in fact has turned the ball over 5 times!

Archived