Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Roster Cut Thread

Restinpeacesweetchloe

A few mildly interesting cuts to me:

WR Treadwell - coming out of school a very highly touted and drafted WR who never seemed to do much. Weird how that works sometimes.

RB Wilkens - worth a look as a returning backup? :)

RB Drake - just a year removed from a near 1000 yd season and a career 4.5 YPC avg. Not even worth a roster spot?

59 minutes ago, GoHorse1992 said:

OJ Howard was just released by the Bills…I think he is a better option than Jelani (for now). The problem is, we are back to having to figure out the rest of the roster by keeping 4 TEs.

Howard is a great blocking TE like Doyle was.  Might not be a bad add.

17 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/30/texans-release-marlon-mack/

Very surprising! I thought he’d be top 2rb there atleast! :woah:

I don’t often feel sorry for professional athletes.  Marlon Mack may be an exception.  He just can’t catch a break — I was hoping this year would finally be the year he does.

1 hour ago, bertjones7 said:

Shocker of the day so far was 2021 1st rd OL Alex Leatherwood waived by Raiders

I find that mildly surprising but not shocking. He's been a huge disappointment. Mack however is borderline shocking to me and if he's willing to swallow his pride and realize he'd be right back where he was here as a backup, I would love to see that. 

3 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

Shocker of the day so far was 2021 1st rd OL Alex Leatherwood waived by Raiders

Vikings waived their starting DT Armon Watts.

Some are already posted above, but some ex colts that were cut - Marlon Mack, Turay, Davenport, Andre Chachere, Deon Cain

Would love to have Chachere back but after last season doubt he would return.

Archived