Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Lions at Colts (Pre Season) Post Game Thoughts 08/20

EastStreet

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Tyson Williams seems to be #4 right now.....its JT,Hines,Lindsey and williams then a big fall off to Price and jackson and verdell...

You are right I missed Williams one series.  Honestly I am not sure they keep beyond 3 so it might be hard for anyone beyond Taylor, Hines and Lindsey to make the final roster.

19 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Nick Cross is gonna be a substantial upgrade from Khari Willis in pass coverage.

Definitely!  I always felt Khari was a good player in terms of run support and smarts on the Field, but I rather had him come in as depth.  We just didn’t have anyone better than him at the time.  His retirement sped up Cross’s involvement in our defense.  I understood/respect Willis’s decision, and happy for both players at the end of the day

27 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m giving Dayo to the end of the season. He was injured last year and now has to learn a new D. Give him time

He’s referring to a different player. Dayo had a very good game. As did Lewis. The rest of our d-line did not. 

NFL.com said the Colts had a ton of pressure up front in their “things we learned in Saturday’s games” LOL

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Im excited about Dayo and Buckner working together this year.  I really like what Im seeing from him.

It's going to be hard to deal with both of them plus Ngakoue all at the same time. 

Don't know if Dayo can pay that position, but..

Paye - Buckner - Dayo - Ngakoue on passing downs... yikes!

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Don't know if Dayo can pay that position, but..

Paye - Buckner - Dayo - Ngakoue on passing downs... yikes!

Their intent has been to play him on the interior and step outside at times.

He can certainly play that position.

Much better game than last week, more energy and they looked a lot sharper, (save run D, special teams, etc).  I really liked what Foles was doing, his release is quick and he was accurate.  Glad we signed him, always liked his game.  Ehlinger solid as well, still not 100% sold on him as he is playing against second and third stringers.  Feel a lot better about things after this one.

58 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Interior DL played poorly

Banogu may not make the roster

Flowers will definitely make the roster

Patmon sealed the #4 WR

Will be hard to keep Strachan off the team

Luvin' me some Ehlinger.  Did we really need Foles?

WR's playing well enough, no need for TY to return.

I thought Venturi nailed Banogu perfectly late in the game he was talking about finishers vs disrupters and labeled Dayo a finished after a sack.  A play or two later Banogu got close but didn’t get to the QB and he called him a disrupters and said in the NFL you have to be a finisher.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I thought Venturi nailed Banogu perfectly late in the game he was talking about finishers vs disrupters and labeled Dayo a finished after a sack.  A play or two later Banogu got close but didn’t get to the QB and he called him a disrupters and said in the NFL you have to be a finisher.

I remember us being linked to Banogu before the draft, but when we took him in the 2nd with both the Ole Miss WRs on the board (AJ Brown and DK Metcalf), and Taylor Rapp who had fallen at S, it was my first wth draft moment under Ballard. I completely understand drafting for traits... But I didn't get this one. After the SAM experiment was terminated almost immediately, I never had much confidence we'd find a place for him. Can't hit on them all, but this one has always bugged me.

That said, disrupters still have a role to play on this league. Obviously finishing is better though lol.

3 hours ago, cptcomeback said:

Much better game than last week, more energy and they looked a lot sharper, (save run D, special teams, etc).  I really liked what Foles was doing, his release is quick and he was accurate.  Glad we signed him, always liked his game.  Ehlinger solid as well, still not 100% sold on him as he is playing against second and third stringers.  Feel a lot better about things after this one.

Thanks for this summary! I didn’t get to see the game today in my area and was wondering how they appeared on the field in general as a team compared to last game. Great to hear! :cheer:

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah that was the perfect way to explain it....he has potential but it hasn't been exposed yet

6 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Zero chance French makes final 53

Who are your 9/10 OL on 53 roster ?

1)Q

2)R Kelly

3)Pinter

4)Smith

5)Pryor 

6)Rainmann

7)D Kelly

8)Fries

9)??

Murray- Not much shot

Mollette-No chance

Seltzner-No

Van Demark-Not after yesterday

French-Most likely

Really Good:

Sam: It's pretty on the move, nice number 4.

Strachan: For somebody who just got back, impressive showing.

Good:

Cross: We got a new SS and he's better than the old one.

Patmon: He almost dropped the 50yard TD when adjusting, but 5 rec it's nice to see.

Tyquan: 94 didnt played much, but when he was out there, he was everywhere.

Dayo: Not always pretty, but effort on every play is amazing.

Bad:

Interior DL: Jesus, wth was that?

Interior OL: Not even JT can run with that gap discipline, horrible. We had 20yards all game.

MegaStrachan is indeed MEGA. He looks huge next to even big DBs. I really really hope he makes the roster, I think there is something there to develop. I also think Matt Ryan would love him. Ryan loves throwing in the intermediate range between the numbers and huge body like Strachan flashing in front of him would be super tempting to throw to be it on in-breaking routes from the outside or him releasing as a big slot... 

24 minutes ago, stitches said:

MegaStrachan is indeed MEGA. He looks huge next to even big DBs. I really really hope he makes the roster, I think there is something there to develop. I also think Matt Ryan would love him. Ryan loves throwing in the intermediate range between the numbers and huge body like Strachan flashing in front of him would be super tempting to throw to be it on in-breaking routes from the outside or him releasing as a big slot... 

I think there is something there as well.  Hopefully he's sped up his understanding of the game since year 1.  Thats what eventually kept him off the field.  If we can get something out of Strachan, Patmon, and Pierce Im not worried about not selecting Pickens at all.  It's kind of like we got a triple up and still held on to our principles.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think there is something there as well.  Hopefully he's sped up his understanding of the game since year 1.  Thats what eventually kept him off the field.  If we can get something out of Strachan, Patmon, and Pierce Im not worried about not selecting Pickens at all.  It's kind of like we got a triple up and still held on to our principles.

I mean... Pickens IMO was the best WR in the draft... but with him his skill wasn't the question. There were tons of other concerns from what I gather. We have just the tip of the iceberg in the public eye. NFL GMs have much more information about what the issues were and if Ballard and the FO decided he's not worth the trouble... I guess I can understand them. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

I mean... Pickens IMO was the best WR in the draft... but with him his skill wasn't the question. There were tons of other concerns from what I gather. We have just the tip of the iceberg in the public eye. NFL GMs have much more information about what the issues were and if Ballard and the FO decided he's not worth the trouble... I guess I can understand them. 

Im okay with not selecting him if the office felt he wasn't a fit character wise.  I think he's a fit talent wise of course, but as I said we've got some young guys who we've put time into who look like they are trending the right way.  Plus the addition of Pierce who also looks like he's going to be a solid as well. Just saying when it's all said and done I don't think it's going to be a massive mistake that we didn't get Pickens.  And we didn't have to sacrifice any of our evaulation metrics just to get a talented guy. 

I like where Granson is headed as well.  I think he's about to hit that next gear. 

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Who are your 9/10 OL on 53 roster ?

1)Q

2)R Kelly

3)Pinter

4)Smith

5)Pryor 

6)Rainmann

7)D Kelly

8)Fries

9)??

Murray- Not much shot

Mollette-No chance

Seltzner-No

Van Demark-Not after yesterday

French-Most likely

The 9th may come from another team is it did last year when we made a cut down day trade for Pryor. 

Archived