Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 14-August 18th Joint practice with Lions


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Kylen Granson and Campbell just do not have reliable hands. That's something that rarely changes. It's going to be hard to ever trust them in big time situations.

 

 

I never realized Campbell had an issue with drops. So I guess either you are incorrect or I stand corrected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Campbell has been fine. Not sure what is going on this camp. 

 

He's never tracked the ball well in the air and is not good with contested balls.

 

He actually dropped the TD he got injured on last year, I'm still surprised it was not overturned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

 

 

I never realized Campbell had an issue with drops. So I guess either you are incorrect or I stand corrected.

He hasn’t had a drop issue at all. Not sure if he is over thinking scared of getting hit or what.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

 

He's never tracked the ball well in the air and is not good with contested balls.

I beg to differ. There was plenty of contested catches early in camp. But really not every player had to be a contested catch guy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

 

He's never tracked the ball well in the air and is not good with contested balls.

You uh…you ever watch him at Ohio St when he was staying healthy? Because what you just said makes zero sense. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

You uh…you ever watch him at Ohio St when he was staying healthy? Because what you just said makes zero sense. 

 

I know he caught a lot of underneath crossers and a big question mark was if he could be a down the field receiver or just a gadget guy.

 

Also, that's college. Not the same.

 

Thank you for the feedback.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He hasn’t had a drop issue at all. Not sure if he is over thinking scared of getting hit or what.

I beg to differ. There was plenty of contested catches early in camp. But really not every player had to be a contested catch guy.

 

I think we all know camp vs game is a different animal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got back from Camp.

Blankenship was the first guy on the field.  In his stretch routine, he bends all the way down and licks the grass.  I don't I could have done that, even when I was young.

Watching defensive linemen warming up.  Our guys look more athletic.  More energetic.  Lions looked like they were half asleep.

Watched mostly the offense today.  Great to see Strachan getting involved early and often.  Good throws to Woods, Pittman, and Hines.  Pierce was all but invisible.  Someone check the stats, but I'm not sure they threw his way even once.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Just got back from Camp.

Blankenship was the first guy on the field.  In his stretch routine, he bends all the way down and licks the grass.  I don't I could have done that, even when I was young.

Watching defensive linemen warming up.  Our guys look more athletic.  More energetic.  Lions looked like they were half asleep.

Watched mostly the offense today.  Great to see Strachan getting involved early and often.  Good throws to Woods, Pittman, and Hines.  Pierce was all but invisible.  Someone check the stats, but I'm not sure they threw his way even once.

I didn’t see any catches for him but he was a wrecking ball yesterday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Just got back from Camp.

Blankenship was the first guy on the field.  In his stretch routine, he bends all the way down and licks the grass.  I don't I could have done that, even when I was young.

Watching defensive linemen warming up.  Our guys look more athletic.  More energetic.  Lions looked like they were half asleep.

Watched mostly the offense today.  Great to see Strachan getting involved early and often.  Good throws to Woods, Pittman, and Hines.  Pierce was all but invisible.  Someone check the stats, but I'm not sure they threw his way even once.

It doesn't surprise me that they were trying to get Woods more work today after the news about Ogletree yesterday. They now have to make a decision on whether three TE's is enough for their scheme and whether they can get what they want with the current group they have. The defense could have been making certain adjustments as well after getting worked over by Pierce in the session yesterday.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

He's never tracked the ball well in the air and is not good with contested balls.

 

He actually dropped the TD he got injured on last year, I'm still surprised it was not overturned.

 

Dropped a big pass from Wentz in that JAC game as well. It wasn't an easy catch, but one that you would hope a starting WR could make.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

I know he caught a lot of underneath crossers and a big question mark was if he could be a down the field receiver or just a gadget guy.

 

Also, that's college. Not the same.

 

Thank you for the feedback.

 

That's a fair assessment. He certainly wasn't a polished WR coming out of OSU. 

 

Also mirrors how Reich used him early on in his career...as a gadget player. Then last season, he started to use him as more of a deep threat.

 

Will be interesting to see how they use him this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I think once we all come to terms with the fact that Parris Campbell isn’t going to contribute to our success this year, we will be better off

That’s a bit dark.  Sure, we’re all expecting an injury eventually, but there’s definitely a chance he contributes big…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Kylen Granson and Campbell just do not have reliable hands. That's something that rarely changes at this level. It's going to be hard to ever trust them in big time situations.

Mmmmm….I seem to remember a certain running back that fielded punts, early in his career, that had some real issues with drops, worked on catching the ball and now he’s fine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

He's never tracked the ball well in the air and is not good with contested balls.

 

He actually dropped the TD he got injured on last year, I'm still surprised it was not overturned.

erm.... what? I think you need to get your eyes checked my man. He catches the ball, goes to ground, rolls over twice and then flips the ball out of his hands intentionally as he... ya know.... caught the ball and went to ground and rolled over a few times, more than "completing the catch process and making a football move".

Nevermind the fact that it is totally irrelevant if he does drop it going to ground as he caught the pass in the open field and then crosses the line with posession of the ball....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Just got back from Camp.

Blankenship was the first guy on the field.  In his stretch routine, he bends all the way down and licks the grass.  I don't I could have done that, even when I was young.

Watching defensive linemen warming up.  Our guys look more athletic.  More energetic.  Lions looked like they were half asleep.

Watched mostly the offense today.  Great to see Strachan getting involved early and often.  Good throws to Woods, Pittman, and Hines.  Pierce was all but invisible.  Someone check the stats, but I'm not sure they threw his way even once.

 It looks like Blankenship will get the job ( unless he falls apart). Hit a 54 yarder and I hope that silences the narrative that he can’t hit a 50+ yarder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, coltsfeva said:

 It looks like Blankenship will get the job ( unless he falls apart). Hit a 54 yarder and I hope that silences the narrative that he can’t hit a 50+ yarder.

hit a 65yds yesterday or day before.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...