Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 14-August 18th Joint practice with Lions

Restinpeacesweetchloe

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

17th  pick in the 1st round was high. However  back then elite rbs were seen as top 10 if not to 5 picks. If he would have been seen as a blue chip hall of fame rb prospect, he would  have been a top 5 player. Not hating on Smith, I  just think he was drafted the right team. Hes drafted to the Lions and I am not sure we remember his name. To me he is not in the same class of Barry, OJ, Peterson, Jackson and I could go on. Football has changed and the value of rbs has plummeted.

He wasn’t fast.  That dropped him some.  Many teams made a mistake passing homepage.  Apparently the Boys had him as 4th rated player.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I still think there is time for Pittman to get there.  Pierce as well of course.  Ballard is a smart GM.  I’m sure he will bring in a veteran WR before the season is too far along.     

OFM isn’t talking about adding a vet like Hilton or OBJ….   He wants a sexy, big name, clear cut,  elite WR.    That’s totally different. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

OFM isn’t talking about adding a vet like Hilton or OBJ….   He wants a sexy, big name, clear cut,  elite WR.    That’s totally different. 

Do u think there is a veteran receiver capable of helping this team if these young guys bust? Wr's that are still on the street are not signed for a reason. It is all in with this wr/te group and I hope it pays off. I hope it doesn't end like last year when we put faith in the young Dline.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Emmitt dropped in the draft because he had a knee injury and many GM's were scared to take him because of that. Jimmy Johnson knew what he was doing and jumped on that draft pick at #17.

I think u r feeling that I don't like Emmitt? It is not that. When I watched h play, he never wowed me like the true greats. It was really hard to evaluate how god he was based on the talent they had on offence. They were loaded at every level. He never had to fight for yards like some of the true greats like OJ, Sanders, Campbell. Peterson and Payton. Defences loaded the box a d said best us by throwing which they couldn't do. I saw numerous times where Smith was 5 yards past thr line of scrimmage before being touched. Based on eye test and pure talent, he is not in my top 10  maybe even top 15 for all time backs

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u think there is a veteran receiver capable of helping this team if these young guys bust? Wr's that are still on the street are not signed for a reason. It is all in with this wr/te group and I hope it pays off. I hope it doesn't end like last year when we put faith in the young Dline.

I would say that many of the good WR’s who are still on the street is because of the amount of money they are looking for.

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Ballard and his scouts will be looking for WR help, CB help, and OL help at the late August cutdown to 53. 

I think there’s a decent chance that a known name might emerge in something of a surprise.   Not as sexy as some might want, but someone who might give the WR room a boost.   It could be Hilton, could be Agholor, could be Emmanuel Sanders.   That person might get some looks as WR4.   

That said, no one was excited when we made our cutdown trade for Pryor, and that’s worked out well.  Hoping history repeats itself. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Ballard and his scouts will be looking for WR help, CB help, and OL help at the late August cutdown to 53. 

I think there’s a decent chance that a known name might emerge in something of a surprise.   Not as sexy as some might want, but someone who might give the WR room a boost.   It could be Hilton, could be Agholor, could be Emmanuel Sanders.   That person might get some looks as WR4.   

That said, no one was excited when we made our cutdown trade for Pryor, and that’s worked out well.  Hoping history repeats itself. 

May add one but that guy is not going to be a difference maker.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean you are complaining about my post because Barry was 1 year older, kind of nit picky don't you think?

no, just something for you to try to pull out to make your ridiculous comparison seem logical. Which it doesn't. RB NFL career lengths <<<< QB career lengths. Common knowledge, but don't let that get in your way.

And this might be worse than your last post. To double down on your comparison is much worse than the original.

Not here debating what order anyone has them ranked. It's all subjective. Rank em how you want .

My main issue is comparing Luck and Sanders retirement. Brown just gets linked in because of the hypocrisy of your argument against Barry, as he(Brown) played 25 games less and a season less. I don't think Barry or Brown quit on their teams, Luck, yeah for sure.

If you think a RB at 30 years old(actually 31 when he retired) retiring after 153 games(maybe couples seasons left) played, is the same as a QB retiring at 29(about to turn 30), after 86 games(10+ years of NFL football left to play). 67 games of additional punishment(at a position that receives the most punishment of all, from a more hard hitting era as well). I don't have anything for you. 

Except:

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

Bad comparison to begin with and worse now that you doubled down with comparison.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:24 PM, w87r said:

If Barry(153 games) quit like Andrew(86 games), didn't Jim Brown(118 games) then as well

Hell Barry played 10yrs until he 30, (25 more regular season games than Brown) Brown played 9 and retired when he was 29.

Not one of your better post. Rank them however you want, but to compare Barry to quitting like Andrew is way off line. Even more so when you use that as an argument as to why Barry isn't the best, when the guy you have as the best "quit" early too.(earlier)

At this point we will have to agree to disagree, if I say anything else you will think I am moving the goal posts. Barry clearly retired way too early and was healthy and 30 when he did. He had at least 3 to 4 good-great years left was really my main point. If you look up any list/lists regarding most shocking early football retirements, Barry is either #1 or in the top 3.

21 hours ago, w87r said:

no, just something for you to try to pull out to make your ridiculous comparison seem logical. Which it doesn't. RB NFL career lengths <<<< QB career lengths. Common knowledge, but don't let that get in your way.

And this might be worse than your last post. To double down on your comparison is much worse than the original.

Not here debating what order anyone has them ranked. It's all subjective. Rank em how you want .

My main issue is comparing Luck and Sanders retirement. Brown just gets linked in because of the hypocrisy of your argument against Barry, as he(Brown) played 25 games less and a season less. I don't think Barry or Brown quit on their teams, Luck, yeah for sure.

If you think a RB at 30 years old(actually 31 when he retired) retiring after 153 games(maybe couples seasons left) played, is the same as a QB retiring at 29(about to turn 30), after 86 games(10+ years of NFL football left to play). 67 games of additional punishment(at a position that receives the most punishment of all, from a more hard hitting era as well). I don't have anything for you. 

Except:

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

Bad comparison to begin with and worse now that you doubled down with comparison.

My favorite one is this one The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- I want to quit using that one and save it for after we win each week. Kind of like a Red Auerbach thing.

Archived