Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 14-August 18th Joint practice with Lions


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Jamar chase had a huge issue with drops in bengals camp last year. These young guys need to play and work through things. That’s what camp is for.

 

 

The best thing about that video is those spooky looking white helmets scared homer simpson GIF- Don't wear those, lmao 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not worried at all, because we will be in the AFC Title Game The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I wish I could bottle up your enthusiasm and use it every day. Nothing wrong with having hope for this season. Go Colts!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Not sure what is going on with campbells hands. He has never really had a drops issue.

 

 

No offense, but he barely has played enough to seemingly know if he has "drop problems" as a pro.  I am pulling for him though!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He has been healthy in camp every year and never had a drop issue in camp.

He has been injured every year as well in the season...just saying, we have a very small sample size with him.  I hope he does well as he can become a huge asset...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chappell on JMV says he believes campbells drop was a PBU and tipped. He actually thinks the receivers are going to be fine.

1 minute ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

He has been injured every year as well in the season...just saying, we have a very small sample size with him.  I hope he does well as he can become a huge asset...

He hasn’t been injured in camp. It’s games where he got injured.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Chappell on JMV says he believes campbells drop was a PBU and tipped. He actually thinks the receivers are going to be fine.

He hasn’t been injured in camp. It’s games where he got injured.

????  That is akin to the argument that he was healthy throughout College, not trying to argue, as I previously stated I hope he does well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I wish I could bottle up your enthusiasm and use it every day. Nothing wrong with having hope for this season. Go Colts!

Oh it's not a matter of enthusiasm, I just go by the eye test. We will be there. After we get the Final 4 dealing with those other monsters is a different story but we will deal with it :thmup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

erm.... what? I think you need to get your eyes checked my man. He catches the ball, goes to ground, rolls over twice and then flips the ball out of his hands intentionally as he... ya know.... caught the ball and went to ground and rolled over a few times, more than "completing the catch process and making a football move".

Nevermind the fact that it is totally irrelevant if he does drop it going to ground as he caught the pass in the open field and then crosses the line with posession of the ball....

 

All right, my man (a little condescending). He did not "flip the ball out" as if it were an overt action. It comes out because he was fighting for possession while rolling in the ez.

 

As to crossing the ez, that is true if he had possession as he crossed the ez. During the broadcast, there was a view from the ez that showed the catch face on and he was juggling it all the way to the ground (I can't find it. I know convenient).

 

Now, I admit I may be wrong and I probably stated too matter of factly that it was incomplete, regardless, it was closer then most recall. 

 

Also, to be clear he was bobbling it before he broke his foot. I'll cut him some slack at that point.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Superman said:

 

 

Yeah, he's dead wrong. He caught the ball, took 4 steps, went down in the end zone, and the play was over. Then he let the ball go on purpose.

 

Also a great example of tracking the ball over his shoulder to make the catch.

 

Campbell having catch issues is not a thing that exists in the real world.

 

I've been wrong once before and this might make twice. I do disagree that he purposely tossed the ball though, that squirted out.

 

Yes, he tracked that fine.

 

As I said, I hope he proves me wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Barbecue, beers, and Mac n Cheese tonight :thmup:. Off work tonight. I see no reason why we can't be in the Final 4. I have more faith in Matt than some do though, Taylor is a clone of Emmitt Smith but is faster than E.

 

Homer Drool GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh it's not a matter of enthusiasm, I just go by the eye test. We will be there. After we get the Final 4 dealing with those other monsters is a different story but we will deal with it :thmup:

You were also so sure we were going to beat the. Jags too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

You need work on your driver if that’s all the farther you can hit it. :funny:

I am great at Putt Putt Golf, I can tear that up but if I try and drive a ball it is going 200 yards, only problem = in the woods somewhere lmao , birds will be doing this excited black and white GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You were also so sure we were going to beat the. Jags too.

I really wasn't deep down to be honest, Wentz had me scared but I was trying to pump up the forum because so many in here were down. We got this in 2022 though. Matt Ryan is just simply better than Wentz. I just want to see how Maniac is doing each day now. I want to see if we bring back TY as well.. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

I've been wrong once before and this might make twice. I do disagree that he purposely tossed the ball though, that squirted out.

 

Yes, he tracked that fine.

 

As I said, I hope he proves me wrong.

 

Right on. To your point, I just looked at the broadcast to find the end zone view you were talking about, and he didn't purposely let the ball go. However, it came out after four steps, two full rolls in the end zone, and a broken foot. I don't think it speaks to a hands issue.

 

Anything we get from Parris this season is a bonus. I've always liked him, still like his profile, and it's not his fault that he's had these freak injuries as a pro, so I'm not aggressively pessimistic on him. But it would be a mistake to count on him to be a big time producer, because three years in a row he's been unable to do that. So yeah, I hope he proves everyone wrong, but I'm not betting on it.

 

Still don't agree with any real criticism of his hands or ability to catch, but then again, we've barely seen him in the NFL, so we don't know what he can/can't do. Fingers crossed we find out soon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really wasn't deep down to be honest, Wentz had me scared but I was trying to pump up the forum because so many in here were down. We got this in 2022 though. Matt Ryan is just simply better than Wentz. I just want to see how Maniac is doing each day now. I want to see if we bring back TY as well.. 

You also gave a good old @2006Coltsbestever guarantee we would beat the Raiders if I remember correctly?

 

Nothing wrong with optimism. Not at all! But I’d say you are beyond optimistic. 
 

If you can’t see any reason why we can’t be in the final 4, you haven’t been following the Colts. Not saying it can’t happen, but we’re an outsider looking to upset, we’re not a guarantee. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

 

All right, my man (a little condescending). He did not "flip the ball out" as if it were an overt action. It comes out because he was fighting for possession while rolling in the ez.

 

As to crossing the ez, that is true if he had possession as he crossed the ez. During the broadcast, there was a view from the ez that showed the catch face on and he was juggling it all the way to the ground (I can't find it. I know convenient).

 

Now, I admit I may be wrong and I probably stated too matter of factly that it was incomplete, regardless, it was closer then most recall. 

 

Also, to be clear he was bobbling it before he broke his foot. I'll cut him some slack at that point.

 

 

Totally not meant to be condescending, sorry if it came across that way.

But im afraid I have to disagree with you, I've got NFL gamepass and I am watching the game right now on it. No angle is showing him without possesion of the ball all the way through the catch.

To be fair to you, there is a bit of a bobble as he is crossing the line, but he 100% has posession of the ball through the entire catch and never loses it until he stands up from his roll and flips it out of his hand.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not worried at all, because we will be in the AFC Title Game The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I’ll say this. If the Colts make the AFCCG AND win it…. I’ll buy you lunch.  Mark it down, 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You also gave a good old @2006Coltsbestever guarantee we would beat the Raiders if I remember correctly?

 

Nothing wrong with optimism. Not at all! But I’d say you are beyond optimistic. 
 

If you can’t see any reason why we can’t be in the final 4, you haven’t been following the Colts. Not saying it can’t happen, but we’re an outsider looking to upset, we’re not a guarantee. 

To be fair. No team is a lock for the final 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You also gave a good old @2006Coltsbestever guarantee we would beat the Raiders if I remember correctly?

 

Nothing wrong with optimism. Not at all! But I’d say you are beyond optimistic. 
 

If you can’t see any reason why we can’t be in the final 4, you haven’t been following the Colts. Not saying it can’t happen, but we’re an outsider looking to upset, we’re not a guarantee. 

I have been wrong many times I will admit it, I also guaranteed we would beat the Pats and got into it with a Pats fan in here - I was right there.

 

I didn't think Wentz would collapse like he did, he made me look bad. I always thought Wentz was above average so we could win the easy one's with him, it bit me. When we signed Rivers I said we would go 11-5 and make the playoffs so I nailed that one and was never worried with Rivers so give me some love there - many was calling him noodle arm. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I don't. I love our 2022 on paper especially if Maniac is healthy. Matt Ryan is just a different breed, if I am wrong here I will be shocked because he is a Hall of Famer and a Top 25 QB ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't say we would win it but said we would make it. For making it I at least deserve a Cheese Burger with the trimmings lmao .

Deal. Now go tell that to the boys in blue and white 
 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Right on. To your point, I just looked at the broadcast to find the end zone view you were talking about, and he didn't purposely let the ball go. However, it came out after four steps, two full rolls in the end zone, and a broken foot. I don't think it speaks to a hands issue.

 

Anything we get from Parris this season is a bonus. I've always liked him, still like his profile, and it's not his fault that he's had these freak injuries as a pro, so I'm not aggressively pessimistic on him. But it would be a mistake to count on him to be a big time producer, because three years in a row he's been unable to do that. So yeah, I hope he proves everyone wrong, but I'm not betting on it.

 

Still don't agree with any real criticism of his hands or ability to catch, but then again, we've barely seen him in the NFL, so we don't know what he can/can't do. Fingers crossed we find out soon.

 

11 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Totally not meant to be condescending, sorry if it came across that way.

But im afraid I have to disagree with you, I've got NFL gamepass and I am watching the game right now on it. No angle is showing him without possesion of the ball all the way through the catch.

To be fair to you, there is a bit of a bobble as he is crossing the line, but he 100% has posession of the ball through the entire catch and never loses it until he stands up from his roll and flips it out of his hand.

 

 

I concede. I admit I may be a little more stringent on what is and is not a catch than the NFL haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been wrong many times I will admit it, I also guaranteed we would beat the Pats and got into it with a Pats fan in here - I was right there.

 

I didn't think Wentz would collapse like he did, he made me look bad. I always thought Wentz was above average so we could win the easy one's with him, it bit me. When we signed Rivers I said we would go 11-5 and make the playoffs so I nailed that one and was never worried with Rivers so give me some love there - many was calling him noodle arm. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I don't. I love our 2022 on paper especially if Maniac is healthy. Matt Ryan is just a different breed, if I am wrong here I will be shocked because he is a Hall of Famer and a Top 25 QB ever.

 

hide GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...