Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 14-August 18th Joint practice with Lions

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

erm.... what? I think you need to get your eyes checked my man. He catches the ball, goes to ground, rolls over twice and then flips the ball out of his hands intentionally as he... ya know.... caught the ball and went to ground and rolled over a few times, more than "completing the catch process and making a football move".

Nevermind the fact that it is totally irrelevant if he does drop it going to ground as he caught the pass in the open field and then crosses the line with posession of the ball....

Yeah, he's dead wrong. He caught the ball, took 4 steps, went down in the end zone, and the play was over. Then he let the ball go on purpose.

Also a great example of tracking the ball over his shoulder to make the catch.

Campbell having catch issues is not a thing that exists in the real world.

Chappell on JMV says he believes campbells drop was a PBU and tipped. He actually thinks the receivers are going to be fine.

1 minute ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

He has been injured every year as well in the season...just saying, we have a very small sample size with him.  I hope he does well as he can become a huge asset...

He hasn’t been injured in camp. It’s games where he got injured.

22 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Chappell on JMV says he believes campbells drop was a PBU and tipped. He actually thinks the receivers are going to be fine.

He hasn’t been injured in camp. It’s games where he got injured.

????  That is akin to the argument that he was healthy throughout College, not trying to argue, as I previously stated I hope he does well.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I wish I could bottle up your enthusiasm and use it every day. Nothing wrong with having hope for this season. Go Colts!

Oh it's not a matter of enthusiasm, I just go by the eye test. We will be there. After we get the Final 4 dealing with those other monsters is a different story but we will deal with it :thmup:

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

erm.... what? I think you need to get your eyes checked my man. He catches the ball, goes to ground, rolls over twice and then flips the ball out of his hands intentionally as he... ya know.... caught the ball and went to ground and rolled over a few times, more than "completing the catch process and making a football move".

Nevermind the fact that it is totally irrelevant if he does drop it going to ground as he caught the pass in the open field and then crosses the line with posession of the ball....

All right, my man (a little condescending). He did not "flip the ball out" as if it were an overt action. It comes out because he was fighting for possession while rolling in the ez.

As to crossing the ez, that is true if he had possession as he crossed the ez. During the broadcast, there was a view from the ez that showed the catch face on and he was juggling it all the way to the ground (I can't find it. I know convenient).

Now, I admit I may be wrong and I probably stated too matter of factly that it was incomplete, regardless, it was closer then most recall. 

Also, to be clear he was bobbling it before he broke his foot. I'll cut him some slack at that point.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Yeah, he's dead wrong. He caught the ball, took 4 steps, went down in the end zone, and the play was over. Then he let the ball go on purpose.

Also a great example of tracking the ball over his shoulder to make the catch.

Campbell having catch issues is not a thing that exists in the real world.

I've been wrong once before and this might make twice. I do disagree that he purposely tossed the ball though, that squirted out.

Yes, he tracked that fine.

As I said, I hope he proves me wrong.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You were also so sure we were going to beat the. Jags too.

I really wasn't deep down to be honest, Wentz had me scared but I was trying to pump up the forum because so many in here were down. We got this in 2022 though. Matt Ryan is just simply better than Wentz. I just want to see how Maniac is doing each day now. I want to see if we bring back TY as well.. 

16 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I've been wrong once before and this might make twice. I do disagree that he purposely tossed the ball though, that squirted out.

Yes, he tracked that fine.

As I said, I hope he proves me wrong.

Right on. To your point, I just looked at the broadcast to find the end zone view you were talking about, and he didn't purposely let the ball go. However, it came out after four steps, two full rolls in the end zone, and a broken foot. I don't think it speaks to a hands issue.

Anything we get from Parris this season is a bonus. I've always liked him, still like his profile, and it's not his fault that he's had these freak injuries as a pro, so I'm not aggressively pessimistic on him. But it would be a mistake to count on him to be a big time producer, because three years in a row he's been unable to do that. So yeah, I hope he proves everyone wrong, but I'm not betting on it.

Still don't agree with any real criticism of his hands or ability to catch, but then again, we've barely seen him in the NFL, so we don't know what he can/can't do. Fingers crossed we find out soon.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really wasn't deep down to be honest, Wentz had me scared but I was trying to pump up the forum because so many in here were down. We got this in 2022 though. Matt Ryan is just simply better than Wentz. I just want to see how Maniac is doing each day now. I want to see if we bring back TY as well.. 

You also gave a good old @2006Coltsbestever guarantee we would beat the Raiders if I remember correctly?

Nothing wrong with optimism. Not at all! But I’d say you are beyond optimistic. 

If you can’t see any reason why we can’t be in the final 4, you haven’t been following the Colts. Not saying it can’t happen, but we’re an outsider looking to upset, we’re not a guarantee. 

28 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

All right, my man (a little condescending). He did not "flip the ball out" as if it were an overt action. It comes out because he was fighting for possession while rolling in the ez.

As to crossing the ez, that is true if he had possession as he crossed the ez. During the broadcast, there was a view from the ez that showed the catch face on and he was juggling it all the way to the ground (I can't find it. I know convenient).

Now, I admit I may be wrong and I probably stated too matter of factly that it was incomplete, regardless, it was closer then most recall. 

Also, to be clear he was bobbling it before he broke his foot. I'll cut him some slack at that point.

Totally not meant to be condescending, sorry if it came across that way.

But im afraid I have to disagree with you, I've got NFL gamepass and I am watching the game right now on it. No angle is showing him without possesion of the ball all the way through the catch.

To be fair to you, there is a bit of a bobble as he is crossing the line, but he 100% has posession of the ball through the entire catch and never loses it until he stands up from his roll and flips it out of his hand.

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You also gave a good old @2006Coltsbestever guarantee we would beat the Raiders if I remember correctly?

If you can’t see any reason why we can’t be in the final 4, you haven’t been following the Colts. Not saying it can’t happen, but we’re an outsider looking to upset, we’re not a guarantee. 

To be fair. No team is a lock for the final 4

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I have been wrong many times I will admit it, I also guaranteed we would beat the Pats and got into it with a Pats fan in here - I was right there.

I didn't think Wentz would collapse like he did, he made me look bad. I always thought Wentz was above average so we could win the easy one's with him, it bit me. When we signed Rivers I said we would go 11-5 and make the playoffs so I nailed that one and was never worried with Rivers so give me some love there - many was calling him noodle arm. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I don't. I love our 2022 on paper especially if Maniac is healthy. Matt Ryan is just a different breed, if I am wrong here I will be shocked because he is a Hall of Famer and a Top 25 QB ever.

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

Right on. To your point, I just looked at the broadcast to find the end zone view you were talking about, and he didn't purposely let the ball go. However, it came out after four steps, two full rolls in the end zone, and a broken foot. I don't think it speaks to a hands issue.

Anything we get from Parris this season is a bonus. I've always liked him, still like his profile, and it's not his fault that he's had these freak injuries as a pro, so I'm not aggressively pessimistic on him. But it would be a mistake to count on him to be a big time producer, because three years in a row he's been unable to do that. So yeah, I hope he proves everyone wrong, but I'm not betting on it.

Still don't agree with any real criticism of his hands or ability to catch, but then again, we've barely seen him in the NFL, so we don't know what he can/can't do. Fingers crossed we find out soon.

11 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Totally not meant to be condescending, sorry if it came across that way.

But im afraid I have to disagree with you, I've got NFL gamepass and I am watching the game right now on it. No angle is showing him without possesion of the ball all the way through the catch.

To be fair to you, there is a bit of a bobble as he is crossing the line, but he 100% has posession of the ball through the entire catch and never loses it until he stands up from his roll and flips it out of his hand.

I concede. I admit I may be a little more stringent on what is and is not a catch than the NFL haha.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been wrong many times I will admit it, I also guaranteed we would beat the Pats and got into it with a Pats fan in here - I was right there.

I didn't think Wentz would collapse like he did, he made me look bad. I always thought Wentz was above average so we could win the easy one's with him, it bit me. When we signed Rivers I said we would go 11-5 and make the playoffs so I nailed that one and was never worried with Rivers so give me some love there - many was calling him noodle arm. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I don't. I love our 2022 on paper especially if Maniac is healthy. Matt Ryan is just a different breed, if I am wrong here I will be shocked because he is a Hall of Famer and a Top 25 QB ever.

hide GIF

Archived