Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Leonard

sb41champs

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The cardinals have a similar setup

Screen-Shot-2014-10-20-at-11.54.00-AM.pn

Yup. Just crazy lol..

I read an article a year or so ago that some places were kicking around some really whacky stadiums that would have both sliding FB and baseball fields. I guess with some arenas having ice under the basketball floor, is was only a matter of time lol. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. Just crazy lol..

I read an article a year or so ago that some places were kicking around some really whacky stadiums that would have both sliding FB and baseball fields. I guess with some arenas having ice under the basketball floor, is was only a matter of time lol. 

How much would that cost for us to implement something similar?:rock:

On 5/28/2022 at 7:43 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think he’s drafted one,  Dayo. 

Blackmon had a knee injury.   Fisher wasn’t drafted, he was a free agent signing. 

I feel like there has been one more but I could be wrong. I might just be thinking of Blackmon because think of who else it would be.

The comment was tongue in cheek, regardless :)

23 hours ago, Professor Farnsworth said:

How much would that cost for us to implement something similar?:rock:

A lot. 

But Indy would have had to build outside the city to do that. 

I'm sure the city wanted everything downtown to keep things centralized so they can keep winning bids on events. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Rhodelesstraveled said:

When is back surgery minor?

Reich said he wasn't concerned. Season doesn't start for 3 months. He is probably having surgery to correct something. I don't know all the details yet but if it was major it would be huge news considering he is our best defensive player.

14 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Darius, you okay bro? 

I will take him to St Elmo and get him a game day steak with a Bake Potato with butter. He should be fine from what I am hearing. The word back surgery is scary but it sounds minor. He was playing with injuries last season that we probably didn't even know about. He is getting things corrected hopefully. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reich said he wasn't concerned. Season doesn't start for 3 months. He is probably having surgery to correct something. I don't know all the details yet but if it was major it would be huge news considering he is our best defensive player.

I cant tell if this post is satire or not. Has to be. 

The Colts and keeping serious injuries to star players under the rug. You cant name a more iconic duo. 

Edit: Posted before I saw the McAfee comment. I'm still skeptical. There is no such thing as minor back surgery. 

8 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

The Colts and keeping serious injuries to star players under the rug. You cant name a more iconic duo. 

Edit: Posted before I saw the McAfee comment. I'm still skeptical. There is no such thing as minor back surgery. 

It depends on the surgery. My step-dad had back surgery for a back disc out of place and he was fully recovered in 6 weeks when he was 53 years old. Worked 10 more years with no major problem. He wasn't near the athlete that Leonard is. He worked for the railroad and lifted heavy stuff all the time and was on his feet 8 hours a day. From everything I am hearing, Leonard probably had to have a minor correction that was lingering is all I am saying.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It depends on the surgery. My step-dad had back surgery for a back disc out of place and he was fully recovered in 6 weeks when he was 53 years old. Worked 10 more years with no major problem. He wasn't near the athlete that Leonard is. He worked for the railroad and lifted heavy stuff all the time and was on his feet 8 hours a day. From everything I am hearing, Leonard probably had to have a minor correction that was lingering is all I am saying.

Fair enough and good to hear about your step dad. I know chronic back pain is a miserable thing to live with for some people. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't they kind of say the same thing bout Luck? Just saying

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably a microdiscectomy. 

Really depends on what procedure Leonard underwent. If it were a "this morning" thing, it is likely not a big issue.  I have lived with chronic back issues for over 30 years, it is degenerative disk disease, which is really not related to the disc specifically, but the spongy tissue between disc's. They do injections now to replace the tissue to alleviate the bone on bone effects. When bone on bone acts up, all the surrounding muscles constrict, to protect the area, and the back locks up. This can be temporarily relieved by an injection, but could be what Maniac has been through, among many other fixable issues.

22 hours ago, Never_Quit said:

Yes, there is such a thing as minor back surgery. 

The details area not available, but it's reasonable that he will be allowed to play in 3mo.

Speculation and anecdotal comments won't be useful... 

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What RR did your dad work for?  I'm a railroader.

On 6/7/2022 at 4:15 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So was his ankle fine all along and it turns out it was his back bothering him.

As Greg Doyle (IndyStar) speculated, the Colts didn't know how bad the back was, because the ankle kept him out of organized team activities.

Archived