Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Leonard

sb41champs

21 hours ago, EastStreet said:

He actually linked it to his ability to push off. 

Heavily restricted for 3mos? IIRC, both Frank and Leonard said he's miss the start of camp, but would be ready for the start of the season. The start of the season is right at 3 months. I guess it's possible he does nothing all camp and goes straight to playing a new scheme in game one, but would assume he'd be back at least a week or two prior to week 1. Again, that's if you trust what Frank and DL said. 

Also, why is a nucleoplasty nonsense. It's less evasive and can be performed as outpatient surgery. His wife actually posted that he's already walking outside the day after. I was under the impression a discectomy normally requires a short stay??

Nope, you walk right out of the hospital the same day of a microdiscectomy. I did with no issues. I was just restricted on how much weight I could pick up. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, nsurg said:

Lots of misinformed comments here... At his age he likely had a Discectomy.

A real doc would not confuse ankle pain with a lumbar nerve compression, I suspect he has both. 

Nucleoplasty is nonsense.  Wow, good grief. 

Nobody has ever seen a 5 gallon milk jug. 

He will be heavily restricted for about 3mo to avoid reherniation which is about a 10 percent problem in regular humans during the first 6-12 weeks. 

A Discectomy has very little predictive value for long term back issues. Playing football is terrible for anybody's back, however. 

He probably does nothing until the regular season, but it's all a bit arbitrary.

LOL, it was a 1 gallon milk jug and not 5 gallon. I had a desk job at the time but I did end up taking 6 weeks off. I had been suffering on and off for years from my herniated disc until I sneezed really hard one day and blew it completely out. 

I have an ankle issue as well and I've had multiple surgeries on it. 

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Nope, you walk right out of the hospital the same day of a microdiscectomy. I did with no issues. I was just restricted on how much weight I could pick up. 

My employee went in in the AM, stayed the night and home the next evening. He was 50s, tall (6-5ish), and a bit awkward lol. He was on his back (pardon the pun) for several days lol. I know his his was a general discectomy. I'm not sure, but I think there is a difference between microdiscectomy and discectomy. 

Archived