Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agents

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Why would you want Jason Peters? He is almost 40 and injury prone

I'd have to agree with that assessment. Peters would be a good stop gap if someone went down but not for a whole season. I'd rather roll with Fisher after more rehab if that were the case. 

39 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

With a massive looming contract for Nelson do you retain him or let him walk and pay more “key” positions in FA this year? 

I think you have to retain him. Ballard wants to pay our "own" guys and reward them for both their on field play and off field examples. Paying Nelson isn't that big of a deal with Wentz's contract and the fact we don't pay an end or T big money. I'd like to keep moving forward with Paye and Odey, I think they'll make a big jump next year but would like to see an improvement at LT unless they think Fisher will be better next season. 

I'd consider these guys in addition to some of the others in this thread:

1. Cedrick Wilson - WR

2. Charles Harris - DE

3. Emmanuel Ogbah - DE

4. Rashard Higgins - WR

5. Zay Jones - WR

These names are unlikely to excite people but all would help. Even if the Colts manage to get a top free agent, like Allen Robinson as an example, the Colts have so many needs and limited resources that they have to be looking to make some Denico Autry type signings where it's a bit of a projection.

2 hours ago, ar7 said:

I'd consider these guys in addition to some of the others in this thread:

1. Cedrick Wilson - WR

2. Charles Harris - DE

3. Emmanuel Ogbah - DE

4. Rashard Higgins - WR

5. Zay Jones - WR

These names are unlikely to excite people but all would help. Even if the Colts manage to get a top free agent, like Allen Robinson as an example, the Colts have so many needs and limited resources that they have to be looking to make some Denico Autry type signings where it's a bit of a projection.

You're absolutely right that people wouldn't be thrilled with these. I'd absolutely love it. All 5 of these guys are all lowkey studs. Good eye.

17 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Would love to see us go after edge...Chandler Jones or Harold Landry, although both will require big pay days I bet.

They will be expensive, but Harold Landry is still young and has improved every year

I would be happy with either, but Landry seems like the better long term option

He will cost 20-22M

Im not sure CB will pony up with that much

On 1/11/2022 at 7:36 AM, MikeCurtis said:

This is the year that I would go after a decent FA.... or two

DE

FS

WR

TE

I think everyone but DE can be grabbed in this draft

So.....FA is the play for DE IMHO

The guys I would like would for us to sign (wherever we can get the money by restructuring):

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE from Miami Dolphins, prime age of 28, market value would be $10 mil., I would sign a 3 year $30 million deal, he played really well for the Dolphins.

Get rid of Pascal and TY contracts, sign Allen Robinson to a 3 year $45 million deal.

We have no option but to sign Eric Fisher to a 1 year deal again or roll with Matt Pryor, 

I would ask Xavier Rhodes to convert to free safety, get a speedy slot like Wan'Dale Robinson or Jahan Dotson from the draft. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

The guys I would like would for us to sign (wherever we can get the money by restructuring):

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE from Miami Dolphins, prime age of 28, market value would be $10 mil., I would sign a 3 year $30 million deal, he played really well for the Dolphins.

Get rid of Pascal and TY contracts, sign Allen Robinson to a 3 year $45 million deal.

We have no option but to sign Eric Fisher to a 1 year deal again or roll with Matt Pryor, 

I would ask Xavier Rhodes to convert to free safety, get a speedy slot like Wan'Dale Robinson or Jahan Dotson from the draft. 

I think CB is pretty set with rolling with Paye and Dayo at DE, and will just add a depth piece or 2 with no big signings. I've never been a big Ogbah fan, but he's played well the past 2 seasons in Miami. I'm not sure that he would do as well in a essentially exclusive 4-3 front when Flores uses a more "multiple" front like NE. He also seems like the kind of player that Flores could bring with him wherever he goes to serve as that stable vet that knows and thrived in his system. I still wouldn't be mad if we signed him though.

In that same vein, CB has seemed to be happy with the young WR's we have, so I don't see a high tier FA signing here either.

I think you're right about LT.

I don't hate the Rhodes to FS conversion idea, as long as he's up for making the move.

I'd LOVE Robinson or Dotson! I prefer Dotson, but I really like Robinson too. Dude has phenomenal contact balance and for some reason, that's one of my favorite traits in an offensive skill position....lol

6 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Signing all of these guys would be impossible haha. These are just the names of a few players I would love to have in Indianapolis.

Ok just curious. It would be beyond impossible but some have unrealistic expectations each year. 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:59 AM, chad72 said:

The problem with the Dolphins FAs is they have an enormous amount of cap space to sign their own guys......

I doubt Ogbah gets to FA as well as Geiseki TE

On 1/18/2022 at 4:58 AM, Dark Superman said:

Terron Armstead

Christian Kirk

Mike Gesicki

Chandler Jones

DJ Chark

Marcus Williams

Cut Wentz. Make a huge trade for Russell Wilson.

I'd love Terron Armstead but he might be out of our price range. Kirk, Gesicki, and Williams though would be pretty fantastic! 

My REALISTIC Free Agent wish list:

1 WR from this Group ~

Allen Robinson - Bears

Byron Pringle - Chiefs

Josh Reynolds - Lions

Cedric Wilson - Cowboys

DJ Chark - Jags 

Christian Kirk - Cards

1 OT from this Group ~

Cam Robinson - Jags (Only 5 Penalties and 1 sack allowed last year and 26 years old)

1 Edge Rusher form this Group ~

Emmanuel Ogbah - Dolphins

Lorenzo Carter - Giants

Arden Key - 49ers

Rasheem Green - Seahawks

Dorance Armstrong - Cowboys

Re-Sign our own for depth ~

Al-Quadin Muhammad 

Kemoko Turay 

1 CB from this Group ~

Levi Wallace - Bills

Eli Apple - Bengals

Rasul Douglas - Packers

Sidney Jones - Seahawks

Carlton Davis - Bucs

20 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

My REALISTIC Free Agent wish list:

1 WR from this Group ~

Allen Robinson - Bears

Byron Pringle - Chiefs

Josh Reynolds - Lions

Cedric Wilson - Cowboys

DJ Chark - Jags 

Christian Kirk - Cards

1 OT from this Group ~

Cam Robinson - Jags (Only 5 Penalties and 1 sack allowed last year and 26 years old)

1 Edge Rusher form this Group ~

Emmanuel Ogbah - Dolphins

Lorenzo Carter - Giants

Arden Key - 49ers

Rasheem Green - Seahawks

Dorance Armstrong - Cowboys

Re-Sign our own for depth ~

Al-Quadin Muhammad 

Kemoko Turay 

1 CB from this Group ~

Levi Wallace - Bills

Eli Apple - Bengals

Rasul Douglas - Packers

Sidney Jones - Seahawks

Carlton Davis - Bucs

You're not re-signing Lewis?    After his last two seasons?    Really?   

We do this every year and Santa never delivers the toys. That said, I do think we go shopping this year. Start with trying to get Thomas from the Saints, they're 45 million over the cap space. Team in cap hell will have a tough time signing their own. The Titan's will have a tough time signing Landry, yet somehow teams over the cap always find ways to add to their team..

Archived