Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Cardinals Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a great effort by a ravaged Colts team and they played their hearts out. I don't think they could of done much more with the odds stacked against them.

All I can say is, if we are fully healthy. We are going to do some damage in the playoffs! Great win tonight! Time to celebrate this miracle on Christmas!

What do you expect from Wentz when losing Fisher is considered a huge loss and we’re playing practice squad players?  When it most mattered, he delivered an amazing ball to Patmon.  He’s not Luck or Manning, but can I’ll take tonight’s performance.  Now the big concern - will he be able to avoid Covid?  

Super fun to watch the whole way through! It seems like with teams of old if a game was ugly it didn’t go in our favor. Our team is so deep and I think love to play for and with each other. 

P.S. I’m falling in love with how Isaiah Rodgers. I know he gave up the TD pass but his hand placement was perfect and the pass was even better. He has become a very solid tackler and had some very key pass breakups.

1 minute ago, fatboy said:

What do you expect from Wentz when losing Fisher is considered a huge loss and we’re playing practice squad players?  When it most mattered, he delivered an amazing ball to Patmon.  He’s not Luck or Manning, but can I’ll take tonight’s performance.  Now the big concern - will he be able to avoid Covid?  

The way he was able to keep that play alive. That’s what we need from a QB. That was a scramble drill.

Just now, NDSU_Guy said:

People hate on Wentz because its obvious how great he could be, but he is only playing average.  Its frustrating.  

I agree. A lot of his criticism is because it’s easy to see his potential if he can be more consistent and limit the mental errors.  

25 minutes ago, ar7 said:

It wasn't the most important from a playoff % perspective but I still consider tonight a big win. Both teams were missing some key players but AZ is still a quality team. Great to see the Colts go on the road and pull it out.

Wentz didn't look sharp again this week but he made some critical throws to get it done.

I thought Odum and Speed stepped up on defense.

I didn't really notice Paye or Dayo. I was hoping as we close out the regular season those two would flash some.

Both of those got pressure tonight on D.

4 minutes ago, Colts.sb41 said:

Super fun to watch the whole way through! It seems like with teams of old if a game was ugly it didn’t go in our favor. Our team is so deep and I think love to play for and with each other. 

P.S. I’m falling in love with how Isaiah Rodgers. I know he gave up the TD pass but his hand placement was perfect and the pass was even better. He has become a very solid tackler and had some very key pass breakups.

What about that great play by George Odom? What a great play he deserve some praise. 

To everyone who panicked when the Covid news and just assumed this game would be a loss I hope you trust your team a little more now.

It wasn’t ugly but it was never going to be pretty with that many people out but the Colts got the job done.

major credit to TY for stepping up.  I had a feeling he would.  Veteran leaders just tend to in games like this.

Wentz should quiet some non-believers now.

Taylor going for over 100 with four fifths of his starting line out and his blocking tightend out and his blocking WR just speaks to how good he is.

Pittman had a very nice game tonight and Wentz was forcing him the ball at times like you do with a number one WR.  Those two are developing a very nice Chemistry.

Credit to the make shift oline.  No they weren’t perfect and they struggled at times but overall they held their own.  That was really the most you could ask of them given the situations. 
Odum, Rodgers, and Speed all stepped up on defense and made big plays.  Dept in deed.

The Colts we’re able to get pressure tonight at key points.  Not the sacks or turnovers we would have wanted but they rushed Murray a couple of times and got a safety and two big fourth down stops.

Flus has really gotten the defense to step up lately.  Shutting out the Texans, shutting out the Pats for three quarters, and now holding one of the best offenses in the NFL to 16 points and really only giving up one TD drive, the other was on a short field after the one good special teams play of the night for the cards.  Yes the cards had major injury concerns but the Colts were also missing some key players on defense.  
A shout out to Frank.  Not only did he call a very good and balanced game but the way he juggled the roster and game plan on short notice.  Also, yes Ballard found this depth but Frank has coached these kids up and has this team truly believing in next man up when their turn is called.  Also, something that often goes over looked, the Colts had very few penalties tonight while the cards had several key ones.  That’s a sign of a well coached and disciplined team and tonight it was a factor.  This team clearly believes in Frank and trusts him as he guides them through adversity.  I honestly think he should be in the running for coach of the year.
This is the type of game that good teams find away to win and the Colts did just that.  This is a good team.  Now beat the Raiders and or Jags and punch that post-season ticket.

The not so good.

Rhodes is toast.  I’d like to see Rodgers take his starting spot when Ya-sin is back.  
Fisher leaving with a knee injury and being ruled out so fast is a very bad sign.  
Wentz played very well overall but when he’s uncomfortable he’s wild, however so are most QBs.  However, he missed some easy throws tonight because he seemed like he wasn’t panicking a little bit with the pressure.  
I said it last week I’ll say it again this week time to go back to Hot Rod.  

Archived