Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Released Blair White (Merge)

Case

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is wr a must draft early position now?

Huh!?! Didn't see that coming at all! So now we need to spend 2-3 picks on WR's.

i doubt it. he was 4th on the depth chart. most likely we'll take a wr in the fourth round like tommy streeter

Can't understand this.

I can. He's a below average athlete who Peyton succeeded in making look barely tolerable. And even with that they had problems because he frequently miss-read things and made bad decisions. His only value to the Colts was his growing comfort level with Peyton, but Peyton isn't here. A rebuilding team would be much better off using the roster spot on a draft pick. There is a shortage of speed at the WR position. I'd rather see a raw but fast player learning with the new QB than a blah player like White.

I can. He's a below average athlete who Peyton succeeded in making look barely tolerable. And even with that they had problems because he frequently miss-read things and made bad decisions. His only value to the Colts was his growing comfort level with Peyton, but Peyton isn't here. A rebuilding team would be much better off using the roster spot on a draft pick. There is a shortage of speed at the WR position. I'd rather see a raw but fast player learning with the new QB than a blah player like White.

Dude, chill out im sure he was joking.

I guess, but I think he could've contributed this year, certainly more than someone like Quan Cosby.

Chill out about what? Did I sound upset to you?

He clearly wasn't joking, so I offered my opinion on the situation. Is that a problem?

Don't worry about it mate, no offence taken here! :)

sadly, i don't think he was....

I'm not saying Blair White would've been the new Jerry Rice, but I think he could've contributed. Just leaves us even shorter at a problem position.

Even before cutting White a WR in this year was a must draft. You cannot rely on Collie's head and Avery's knee. We have to draft someone this year or we are just playing with fire.

I am not surprised that White was cut. He is just another product of Manning and was a 4th string WR at best. Hopefully we can find someone in this years draft that can be groomed behind Reggie and be ready to step up next year.

did collie miss a game last year? its really a question because im not sure

I don't think so - although I don't remember week one, and he didn't have a catch that week. The point still remains, I think, that those two aren't exactly the most reliable. It's not like White calmed any fears I had about WR talent or depth, but this is just another in a long line of needs.

Don't worry about it mate, no offence taken here! :)

I'm not saying Blair White would've been the new Jerry Rice, but I think he could've contributed. Just leaves us even shorter at a problem position.

And no offense intended at all. And I agree with your comment, short term White may be more productive than someone else, but he is already 25 years old and he has no upside. I'm confident that we've seen his best, and it's nothing to write home about. If they don't cut him now, they will be cutting him in a couple of years - I think they need to bring in multiple WRs and see if one or more of them can turn into something special. White will not. It's just another step in the rebuilding process, and personally I don't care if they lose a little production short term. This year really isn't about winning games.

But it's another body lost and let's face it, Avery has been injured a lot and Collie has trouble with concussions...

And?

The point is if they are looking at WR in the draft, and I am sure they are, White's presence on the roster, and now in this case, his lack of presence, has zero to do with that.

Not promoting Blair White as anything special, but he's not a below average athlete. His measurables are all pretty impressive. I don't understand waiving him before the draft.