Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Released Blair White (Merge)

Case

Disappointing. Blair played well in Collie's place in 2010, and other times when he saw the field. Decent size and ability, and he costs next to nothing. For someone who takes no cap room, knows our system, and has a few productive years ahead of him, I don't get it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he have a serious back injury last year? As someone who's had back surgery, you're never quite the same after that. Maybe his health is still a concern.

He played in seven games with no catches. I said on Colts.com the injury is more than likely the reason he was cut. Still if we are re-building....we can do better. I will I liked White with Manning.

Well we just opened up camp. Clearly they didn't like where he was in either his recovery or compared to others. That is all I can say. He did have good hands and made the most of his chance. Peyton trusted him and that speaks a lot to me. Besides everyone was a product of Peyton. Heck few of our receivers had seperation skills. Peyton would put the ball in windows that was the size of a coke can. The important part was if they had hands and if they were where Peyton knew they were going to be.

That said we already have more people than is allowed on the 51 man roster so once we have draft picks some others will be released. Doesn't mean he isn't resigned to the practice squad does it? We will see others cut in the next few months as we get closer to the season. To me I thought we would definately take a receiver in the draft with so many question marks about health and production. Avery could stay healthy but doesn't mean he is still going to be productive. Pure speed doesn't equal success. Also Collie is probably one more hit away from being out of the league. Wayne is still productive but easily on the back side of his career. We have a need for WR....wether we take one early this year or next but clearly we have a lack of talent outside those 3.

We just have to remember we have like 64/65 players under contract and not all will be on the final team. As someone that has played and contributed before he looked certain of a spot but that was 2 years ago and White hasn't been able to get on the field and help and clearly the coaches didn't like what they saw when he came into camp.

Broncos are bringing in Stokely for a visit, just FYI, to those who think Blair White ends up there :).

Maybe the staff believes in Jeremy Ross and Jarred Fayson, here are their scouting profiles:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65087&draftyear=2011&genpos=WR

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66881&draftyear=2011&genpos=wr

Both are speedy wideouts that Arians prefers on the outside like Antoino Brown and Emmanuel Sanders. The reliable hands in the slot like Collie is what the Steelers have with Cotchery.

The draft and pre-season will tell us what we need to know about Jeremy Ross and Jarred Fayson.

Guy was a decent receiver - very much like Collie, just didnt get loads of playing time. The guy surely was cheap - why in the world release him? Bad move!

When the best thing you can say about a guy is that he's cheap, that means he's probably not a very good player.

No, that means he has never gotten and "opportunity" yet to prove his true value ...

So we just assume that everyone that's on any kind of NFL roster projects to be a good NFL player.....and the only thing holding them back is the opportunity?

And what do you mean White hasn't gotten an opportunity anyways? He's gotten to play in 20 NFL games.

So we just assume that everyone that's on any kind of NFL roster projects to be a good NFL player.....and the only thing holding them back is the opportunity?

And what do you mean White hasn't gotten an opportunity anyways? He's gotten to play in 20 NFL games.

I agree with your last statement about he has gotten an oppurtunity but without an oppurtunity then ya cant show if you can help the team unfortunately he has and he just hasnt blown the doors off that oppurtnity and seized it

case in point-Jerry Hughes of course behind Freeny and Mathis he just wasnt going to get much of a chance anyway, but I hope to see him out their more this year he is a guy that hasnt got much of an oppurtunity