Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we will win the super bowl this year and here is why

ruf

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually this team under Frank has consistently started slow and finished very strong. With the AFC being as muddled as it is a 7th seed isnt't that unrealistic. Can Frank get over the hump and get us a couple wins against playoff teams will be the deciding factor. Once in the playoffs anything can happen. The braves just won the MLB thing they sucked all season and barely made the playoffs.

I agree about those 3 games.  Colts are sitting at 3-5, but really should be at 6-2 if not for some epic fails.

Effectively, to win the division Colts need to win 4 more games than the Titans over the next 9 games.  I just don’t see this as possible.  To make the playoffs as a wildcard, Colts will at minimum have to go 7-2, but more likely 8-1, over their next 9 games.  Very doubtful, but I haven’t entirely given up hope.  The team has gone on such epic runs in the past, so why not?  Once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Realistically, with a tinge of optimism, I expect their record to end up being 9-8, missing the playoffs.  I would hope, though, that during these next 9 games we will see Reich’s decision making (play calling) drastically improve, so that we can head into next year with more hope, like maybe we are right now looking at the ‘83 or ‘84 Bears … a team on the cusp of putting it all together.

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I agree about those 3 games.  Colts are sitting at 3-5, but really should be at 6-2 if not for some epic fails.

Effectively, to win the division Colts need to win 4 more games than the Titans over the next 9 games.  I just don’t see this as possible.  To make the playoffs as a wildcard, Colts will at minimum have to go 7-2, but more likely 8-1, over their next 9 games.  Very doubtful, but I haven’t entirely given up hope.  The team has gone on such epic runs in the past, so why not?  Once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Realistically, with a tinge of optimism, I expect their record to end up being 9-8, missing the playoffs.  I would hope, though, that during these next 9 games we will see Reich’s decision making (play calling) drastically improve, so that we can head into next year with more hope, like maybe we are right now looking at the ‘83 or ‘84 Bears … a team on the cusp of putting it all together.

The NFL history is littered with teams that have had some pretty bad records, but when you look into it have lost a staggering amount of games by 7 or less. You could argue is that just the bounce of the ball, and you've had a lot of unlucky bounces, or is there something more to it sometimes.

I quite often go back to 2012 and we won games we had no right winning. The combination of Luck (even rookie Luck) and ChuckStrong carried us a fair few times.

This year I feel we have a little on the inverse. Wentz seems to not be as 'clutch' and gets skitty if the game is close, and there just doesn't seem a sense of belief(?) across the team that they're going to pull it off in tight games. 

4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

i think we can only afford to lose 2 more games. the titans would have to lose some games they should win even without Henry looking at the rest of their games . i only see 3 they should lose (but hopefully they win lose a bunch more) the next 2 games they should lose and we should win but we have to then beat the bills (if that happens i will feel very good about our chances)

still felling it !!!

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

The NFL history is littered with teams that have had some pretty bad records, but when you look into it have lost a staggering amount of games by 7 or less. You could argue is that just the bounce of the ball, and you've had a lot of unlucky bounces, or is there something more to it sometimes.

I quite often go back to 2012 and we won games we had no right winning. The combination of Luck (even rookie Luck) and ChuckStrong carried us a fair few times.

This year I feel we have a little on the inverse. Wentz seems to not be as 'clutch' and gets skitty if the game is close, and there just doesn't seem a sense of belief(?) across the team that they're going to pull it off in tight games. 

PM seem to play great in the regular season but when the playoffs came he seem to get "skitty" and not as clutch. he did get better but it seem that he was not as clutch in the playoffs for what ever reason

I agree we need to take away the short pass. However, that would require us to get out of our soft zone coverage and actually play significant man-to-man defense. I have not seen us do that since we beat the Chiefs in 2019 so I am not as optimistic as you are at this point.

56 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I agree we need to take away the short pass. However, that would require us to get out of our soft zone coverage and actually play significant man-to-man defense. I have not seen us do that since we beat the Chiefs in 2019 so I am not as optimistic as you are at this point.

I think we have the cb's with Rock and Rhodes and Moore to play more man-to-man (i think it is more to their strengths) . for us to turn it around and win the SB THIS year which i feel will happen the coaches are going to have to make some necessary changes (and this is one of them). the pass rush i think will improve my making this move, we are close sometimes with the rush but playing such a soft zone gives the qb the time to get rid of the ball

12 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Actually this team under Frank has consistently started slow and finished very strong. With the AFC being as muddled as it is a 7th seed isnt't that unrealistic. Can Frank get over the hump and get us a couple wins against playoff teams will be the deciding factor. Once in the playoffs anything can happen. The braves just won the MLB thing they sucked all season and barely made the playoffs.

this is true. i remember how bad we were on the SB run in 06 when the Jags ran for over 300 yards on us and then those playoff teams that had elite rb's that year the D shut them down

On 11/3/2021 at 11:06 AM, philba101 said:

well we are on the way to the SB this year. however your point of soft zone coverage (or lack of talent especially at S) is still an issue. hoping we can get that fixed

2 hours ago, ruf said:

well we are on the way to the SB this year. however your point of soft zone coverage (or lack of talent especially at S) is still an issue. hoping we can get that fixed

The Colts really surprised me last night. I have been watching them long enough where that doesn't happen much anymore. They had the right balance on offense which makes things go. I still need to see them win a game against a good opponent before I can get onboard. With the trade deadline passed, our leaky defense will be hard to fix by simply picking up players on the waiver wire. That means we will either need a scheme or defensive coordinator change to fix that. I am not holding my breathe that either of those things will happen. 

1 hour ago, philba101 said:

The Colts really surprised me last night. I have been watching them long enough where that doesn't happen much anymore. They had the right balance on offense which makes things go. I still need to see them win a game against a good opponent before I can get onboard. With the trade deadline passed, our leaky defense will be hard to fix by simply picking up players on the waiver wire. That means we will either need a scheme or defensive coordinator change to fix that. I am not holding my breathe that either of those things will happen. 

I think we may need more O play makers this is why i'm not opposed to signing OBJ (i know) but it would create less focus on MPJR especially with TY coming back. spread these 3 out and it would also open up things for JT. Like you i just don't have faith in the D making the necessary changes. i'm really afraid of the Jags coming up unless we score a bunch of points

I have to admit, there was a point last night (early in the 4th, up by two scores), when I started thinking; “this game isn’t over yet”.

I do think the Colts can go on a run. We’ll see what happens, it’s not unreasonable to believe they can make the playoffs. If they get there, anything is possible.

Go Colts!!

On 11/2/2021 at 2:28 PM, ruf said:

#1 we have had the worst luck with injuries to begin this year. but the OL is coming together (finally) the wr's TY will be back soon and Paris will maybe be back by Dec.

#2 while we lost 1 safety for the year we will figure out how to use what we have there plus our cb's are getting healthy and need only to star playing a little closer to the wr's to stop some of the 1st downs.

#3 I think our pass rush will start to show signs of improvement with more playing time for Turay and Dayo

#4 we lost 3 games to top 10 teams that we really Should have won

#5 I think CW is a qb that will continue to improve and i believe he will end up having a great year (he only made the one bad mistake in the Titans loss) and that was not throwing the ball to JT who was wide open (the safety would have killed us in regulation time) so as bad as it looked it did give us the chance to get to OT

#6 we do now have the best RB in the nfl with Henry being out plus that may cause the  titans to loss enough games to get us the division

#7 I truly believe we will be that HOT team at the end of the year that no one will want to play

thoughts!!!

Here are my thoughts…

#1 Or they both may eventually be ruled out for the rest of the season. We can’t count on T.Y. and Paris to stay healthy long enough to make a real difference . 
#2 Injuries have decimated our secondary. Some players might return but the problem is that our management believes in a faulty defensive scheme that leaves no coverage zones by design.  They prefer to die by a thousand cuts than by one big play.  The elite QBs that we will see in the playoffs will continue carving us up. Colts organization is too stubborn to change and worse are married to this scheme because they have invested draft picks on players to fit it. 
#3 I’ve seen enough of Turay to know that the Colts can move on from him. Dayo is a rookie coming off injury and will need time to develop.  Edge help isn’t coming from anyone currently on the roster at this point…at least not to level this team will need to win the Super Bowl.  Too much reliance on young talent. 
#4. We could have won but we didn’t.  We lost to those good teams for a reason. Our simple defensive scheme isn’t good enough to beat the elite offenses. 
#5 I like Carson. He will be good for us so long as Reich uses him correctly and doesn’t try to make him the focal point of the offense by throwing 50 friggin times. 
#6 Even without Henry the Titans won’t blow a basically 4 game lead in the division. They are still good enough to beat the Dolphins, Texans twice and the Jags.  That alone gets them to 10 wins.  With the tie breaker that should be all they need to win the division. Colts have to go 6-2 down the stretch to even get to 10 wins and that likely won’t be enough to overtake the Titans. 
#7 We have to get there first. Unless we fix our fatal flaws this Colts team will likely give someone a heart attack by jumping out to a big lead but then proceed to blow the game in the 4th quarter on their way out of the playoffs.  

On 11/2/2021 at 2:28 PM, ruf said:

#1 we have had the worst luck with injuries to begin this year. but the OL is coming together (finally) the wr's TY will be back soon and Paris will maybe be back by Dec.

#2 while we lost 1 safety for the year we will figure out how to use what we have there plus our cb's are getting healthy and need only to star playing a little closer to the wr's to stop some of the 1st downs.

#3 I think our pass rush will start to show signs of improvement with more playing time for Turay and Dayo

#4 we lost 3 games to top 10 teams that we really Should have won

#5 I think CW is a qb that will continue to improve and i believe he will end up having a great year (he only made the one bad mistake in the Titans loss) and that was not throwing the ball to JT who was wide open (the safety would have killed us in regulation time) so as bad as it looked it did give us the chance to get to OT

#6 we do now have the best RB in the nfl with Henry being out plus that may cause the  titans to loss enough games to get us the division

#7 I truly believe we will be that HOT team at the end of the year that no one will want to play

thoughts!!!

Not with our pass defense which stinks. 

18 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Not with our pass defense which stinks. 

pass D will have to change if we going to win SB this year as i feel we will.

pass rush seems to be getting a little better however if we have the cb's 10 yards off the ball it will not help

i feel that is the only thing we need to do to be an elite team of course they may hit a few more chunk plays but that is ok as long as it dosen't happen too often. I really hate the clock ticking drives by so many complete short pass and YAC yards

4 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

That's too bad, because we have Bucs, at Bills, at Cards as well as Pats.

after today and the titans beating the rams you are right. i'm thinking we can lose no more than 2 for a wild card, but if we get in we will be a tuff out, still got a good feeling about this year

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2021 at 1:48 PM, EastStreet said:

giphy.gif

does anyone remember this post aftward our 2nd loss to the titans when we had so many injuries and not playing well. these were the kind of responses i got back.

I was feeling really down and wanted to bench carson W so we would not lose our 1st round pick and thought this was a wasted season.

then i had a feeling very strong that we would win the super bowl this year.

if it does happen should this be the post of the year

Folks found a formula against Mac Jones and the Patriots to an extent - get ahead on them early and force Mac Jones to make mistakes.

Similarly the formula against us, only a few can pull it off - Bills in good weather for Josh Allen to sling it and Chiefs in any weather. Get ahead on Eberflus and the D, reducing rushing attempts and yards for JT, force Wentz to be hero more and with only Pittman to contend with, mistakes are bound to happen. We’re yet to win a game where our opponent scored 25 or more.

Hopefully matchups align for us, game flow aligns for us and IF, the big IF Parris Campbell comes back and plays like Jacoby Jones did for Ravens in 2012 for Flacco, I shall never say a negative word about Parris again.

But let the horses lead the cart first, let the playoffs start before we resurrect this. The heart says why not (like what prompted the OP to start this on a whim) but the mind says there are still plenty of flaws when we go ahead against the best.

I applaud your positive, can-do attitude.  And your belief.  Goodness knows, we can all use more of it!

Will also recall that before the season started, I said we would have a "puncher's chance" at the superbowl.

We've scored over 30 points a game in the last 12 games.  That sure looks like "puncher's chance" to me.

Will cross my fingers.

You wait

And I'll worry

You pray

And I'll plan

We'll do what's necessary 'cause

Even a miracle needs a hand!

7 hours ago, ruf said:

does anyone remember this post aftward our 2nd loss to the titans when we had so many injuries and not playing well. these were the kind of responses i got back.

I was feeling really down and wanted to bench carson W so we would not lose our 1st round pick and thought this was a wasted season.

then i had a feeling very strong that we would win the super bowl this year.

if it does happen should this be the post of the year

giphy.gif

Archived