Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well well-colts confident with Eason source

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, the fact that the Colts had to leak this to try to prop up Eason is not very reassuring.

This tweet actually has the exact opposite impact in my mind.  

At the moment they have no choice but to roll with Eason, but his biggest weaknesses will be no pocket awareness and long processing times, which means the offense will be extremely limited and predictable with the running game.

Just a prediction.  We shall see.

10 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

To me, the fact that the Colts had to leak this to try to prop up Eason is not very reassuring.

At the moment they have no choice but to roll with Eason, but his biggest weaknesses will be no pocket awareness and long processing times, which means the offense will be extremely limited and predictable with the running game.

I seriously doubt the Colts had a plan to leak this to prop up Eason. 

That’s not the way the franchise operates.

Odds are one assistant coach or front office type or even a player that knows Josina took it upon themselves to put it out there.   I think this is more likely. 

That said, your last paragraph is spot on.  Fits the Eason profile.   There’s a reason he lasted to the middle of the 4th round even with all his incredible physical tools. 

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

Okay, but actually we don't know anything yet about Eason so give him a good chance before we are so critical.  He's got a great arm and great coaches and players to help him along. 

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

Agree. Talking about #9 as the guy makes it sound real. 

I love our roster but if I was Irsay I would go to Andrew Luck's house and have a meeting with him. I would say look, you have had 2 years off - I am still paying you huge money, your healthy, we need you and you still have a chance to become one of the greatest QB's of all-time. TY is still here too and we have a ready made team to win the SB, our O.Line is great. Football has to matter to you, etc.. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love our roster but if I was Irsay I would go to Andrew Luck's house and have a meeting with him. I would say look, you have had 2 years off - I am still paying you huge money, your healthy, we need you and you still have a chance to become one of the greatest QB's of all-time. TY is still here too and we have a ready made team to win the SB, our O.Line is great. Football has to matter to you, etc.. 

OMG, GIVE IT UP BROTHER, HE AIN'T COMMIN BACK.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huh?

Andrew Luck is NOT on our payroll.   Irsay is not paying him a penny.   Didn’t last year either.    Irsay paid him in 2019, the year he retired.   But that’s it.    He’s been off our payroll for two years now.   

And considering we called him earlier this year before we did the Wentz deal and Luck said no then.   He’d say no now.   Sorry, but the Luck ship has sailed.  

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Andrew Luck is NOT on our payroll.   Irsay is not paying him a penny.   Didn’t last year either.    Irsay paid him in 2019, the year he retired.   But that’s it.    He’s been off our payroll for two years now.   

And considering we called him earlier this year before we did the Wentz deal and Luck said no then.   He’d say no now.   Sorry, but the Luck ship has sailed.  

Wrong he is paying him through the 2021 season, Do some research.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty sure Ballard inquired on Luck’s retirement status before making the trade for Wentz. The man has no reason to come back.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NewColtsFanI agree very sad because Andrew Luck could've been a top 10 QB of all-time and he is content with retirement. It's his decision and he has a family but football should matter to him. He has to be 100% healthy by now, how could he not be? If he was our QB I would pick us to win the SB.

It’s not our place to tell anyone what should matter to them.

7 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Pretty sure Ballard inquired on Luck’s retirement status before making the trade for Wentz. That dude has no reason to come back.

Probably so, just telling you what I would do. If we want average football than we got it then unless Wentz can play. My comment above is 100% fact, Luck is still getting paid by Irsay through 2021, it doesn't count against the Salary Cap because he is retired. His extension was through 2021 so Luck is still getting paid.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree but I would try. Everyone seems fine with telling Leonard he should get the vaccine though, see how that works lmao . 

I’ve said that should be a personal choice even if I think the vaccine is good.  Also there is a slight difference in saying hey you should play football and hey you should get something that might save your life.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wrong he is paying him through the 2021 season, Do some research.

I'm sorry,  but you're wrong.    Here are the facts and figures from Spotrac which has the breakdown for every player.

And it has past years.

There is no mention of the name Andrew Luck for 2021.

There is a brief mention in 2020 of a prorated signing bonus,  but that's not paid out that year.   It was paid out when he signed,   that's why it's a signing bonus.    

And in 2019,  there the prorated signing bonus, and a roster bonus.   And 2019, is the year Luck retired and we told him he could keep his money.

I don't know where you got this idea?    To the best of my knowledge,  you're the first and only poster to make this claim.  I've never seen it anywhere else.     Not on this website,  and not in any media story.  

Here's the link....    scroll down and check out 21, 20, and 19.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap/

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably so, just telling you what I would do. If we want average football than we got it then unless Wentz can play. My comment above is 100% fact, Luck is still getting paid by Irsay through 2021, it doesn't count against the Salary Cap because he is retired. His extension was through 2021 so Luck is still getting paid.

You're going to have to show PROOF of what you call a 100% fact.    I find zero evidence of that.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry,  but you're wrong.    Here are the facts and figures from Spotrac which has the breakdown for every player.

And it has past years.

There is no mention of the name Andrew Luck for 2021.

There is a brief mention in 2020 of a prorated signing bonus,  but that's not paid out that year.   It was paid out when he signed,   that's why it's a signing bonus.    

And in 2019,  there the prorated signing bonus, and a roster bonus.   And 2019, is the year Luck retired and we told him he could keep his money.

I don't know where you got this idea?    To the best of my knowledge,  you're the first and only poster to make this claim.  I've never seen it anywhere else.     Not on this website,  and not in any media story.  

Here's the link....    scroll down and check out 21, 20, and 19.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap/

Spotrac doesn't show it, it shows through 2019  but his contract extension was through 2021 and Irsay already said he was paying him his full contract when he retired, he said in 2019. If you google Luck's extension it even shows it is through 2021. I wish I could call Irsay, he would tell you himself.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Spotrac doesn't show it, it shows through 2019  but his contract extension was through 2021 and Irsay already said he was paying him his full contract when he retired, he said in 2019. If you google Luck's extension it even shows it is through 2021. I wish I could call Irsay, he would tell you himself.

Spotrac shows the 2021 roster. 

Spotrac shows the 2020 roster. 

I’ve made another post that shows you Luck’s page.   It supports what I’ve said.    I can find no storirs that support your position.  If Irsay was paying Luck, that money would have to be reflected on the roster page of Spotrac.    It’s not.   That can’t be an off the books side deal.   That’s not allowed.   Luck got money in 2019, and that is it. 

If you still think I’m wrong, ask @Superman and ask @w87r.   They’re the two smartest people about this stuff.   They’ll break it down for you. 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Spotrac shows the 2021 roster. 

Spotrac shows the 2020 roster. 

I’ve made another post that shows you Luck’s page.   It supports what I’ve said.    I can find no storirs that support your position.  If Irsay was paying Luck, that money would have to be reflected on the roster page of Spotrac.    It’s not.   That can’t be an off the books side deal.   That’s not allowed.   Luck got money in 2019, and that is it. 

If you still think I’m wrong, ask @Superman and ask @w87r.   They’re the two smartest people about this stuff.   They’ll break it down for you. 

I am just going by what Irsay said in 2019, he said he was going pay Luck's full contract through 2021. Maybe I can find where he said it but he said it.  I agree Spotrac doesn't show it, it only shows him being paid through 2019 so yeah I get that. We still own Luck's contract but by being retired Salary Cap wise it won't show.

If Luck wanted to come back today and play for another team, you know he can't right? Because he is still under a Colts contract. He could only if we trade him.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just going by what Irsay said in 2019, he said he was going pay Luck's full contract through 2021. Maybe I can find where he said it but he said it.  I agree Spotrac doesn't show it, it only shows him being paid through 2019 so yeah I get that. We still own Luck's contract but by being retired Salary Cap wise it won't show.

If Luck wanted to come back today and play for another team, you know he can't right? Because he is still under a Colts contract. He could only if we trade 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Luck wanted to come back today and play for another team, you know he can't right? Because he is still under a Colts contract. He could only if we trade him.

The contract only means we have his rights.  It doesn’t mean we’re paying him.   If we were paying him it has to be on the books.   And there’s nothing on the books for Luck since 2019.  

Even Luck’s page from Over The Cap shows the 2019 money, and the 2020 dead cap hit, but no payment to him.   And nothing for 2021. 

Again, don’t take my word, there are other members here who I believe can explain it better than I can. 

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The contract only means we have his rights.  It doesn’t mean we’re paying him.   If we were paying him it has to be on the books.   And there’s nothing on the books for Luck since 2019.  

Even Luck’s page from Over The Cap shows the 2019 money, and the 2020 dead cap hit, but no payment to him.   And nothing for 2021. 

Again, don’t take my word, there are other members here who I believe can explain it better than I can. 

No bigge, I just remember Irsay saying he was going pay him anyway. I wish I could find where he said it but that would be like for a noodle in a haystack lmao I know Luck isn't coming back but I wish he would, I have taken a liking to Wentz so I hope he is ok. I loved Rivers but that is just me being me :thmup:

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck is done. But is luck still being paid, even for this season? 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Luck is done. But is luck still being paid, even for this season? 

Not on our Salary Cap because he is retired but he is under contract through 2021, if he is under contract he is getting paid (if the owner chooses to do that) and Irsay even said he was going pay him the remaining of his contract. Irsay never cut him and probably hoped he would come back. I am sure people heard Irsay say that. Maybe I am going nuts lol but I remember him saying it. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No bigge, I just remember Irsay saying he was going pay him anyway. I wish I could find where he said it but that would be like for a noodle in a haystack lmao I know Luck isn't coming back but I wish he would, I have taken a liking to Wentz so I hope he is ok. I loved Rivers but that is just me being me :thmup:

Luck smoked Irsay for $26M while choosing to sit out that last season.

Irsay had the right to challenge it. Bad optics/dirty $$$.

And Irsay never said he would pay him beyond this, your memory is just off on this one. No biggy.

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Luck smoked Irsay for $26M while choosing to sit out that last season.

Irsay had the right to challenge it. Bad optics/dirty $$$.

And Irsay never said he would pay him beyond this, your memory is just off on this one. No biggy.

Thanks, maybe I am wrong. I could've swore Irsay said he was going to pay Luck's contract. If he only paid him for 2019 then I owe @NewColtsFanan apology but I still I am not sure. I know once a player retires it doesn't count against our Salary Cap but he is still under contract through this season.

Archived