Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

End The Mockery Of Not Signing Luck

unitaswestand

It's really bizarre to see reports of the Redskins giving RGIII a playbook and the coaches going to go work with him. It would be nice to hear the Colts are doing the same with Luck. So just sign him and get him a playbook. The amount is pretty much set so that contract should be pretty static.

http://profootballta...dskins-offense/

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82821da6/article/redskins-kyle-shanahan-reportedly-will-visit-robert-griffin-iii

It's really bizarre to see reports of the Redskins giving RGIII a playbook and the coaches going to go work with him. It would be nice to hear the Colts are doing the same with Luck. So just sign him and get him a playbook. The amount is pretty much set so that contract should be pretty static.

http://www.nfl.com/d...ert-griffin-iii

I think the Colts are doing similar things. The private workout was similar to what the Redskins are doing im thinkin..

Couldn't agree more. It would be extremely odd if they didn't take Luck. The Colts organization will probably come out soon and say they want Tannehill to come in for a private workout then all these articles will be floating around how Tannehill is better than both Luck & RGiii combined.

Agreed. I thought it was pretty pointless and risky(could get injured before draft) to sign him before the draft, but the way things are shaking up with the Skins and RG3, its almost a 99.99 percent chance we choose Luck. Wouldnt mind signing him already and giving him the playbook. Since it looks like RG3 is a skin..

Agreed. I thought it was pretty pointless and risky(could get injured before draft) to sign him before the draft, but the way things are shaking up with the Skins and RG3, its almost a 99.99 percent chance we choose Luck. Wouldnt mind signing him already and giving him the playbook. Since it looks like RG3 is a skin..

So if Luck got injured before the draft, you wouldn't draft him?

Depends on the Injury. Torn ACL, out for maybe the whole year? Will you wait for it to heal? Torn achilles? What about a serious Injury on his throwing shoulder? Injuries that take place that could affect his future game have to be taken into account (not saying the ones I listed are, but there a bunch of different type of injuries). ...

So if Luck got injured before the draft, you wouldn't draft him?

I would say it depends on the severity of the injury ... although the risk is low there are definitely some career ending(or skill reducing) injuries that are within the realm of possibility that would cause us not to draft him.

http://www.nfl.com/d...ert-griffin-iii

Either the articles are gross exaggerations, or there will be a followup article in the near future about the Redskins getting fined. How is it possible to teach your offense to a player who you don't have the rights to? I doubt that they'd be allowed to at this point even if they DID have the rights to him.

This just sounds wrong - as is the repeated insistence that the Colts are somehow being negligent by being the first team in the history of the league to sign a player weeks before the draft. Doing so would be simply pointless and irresponsible, and as others have indicated this topic has been discussed repeatedly here for quite some time.

I can't WAIT for the freaking draft - but sadly that has virtually nothing to do with being enthusiastic about the teams future.

I would say it depends on the severity of the injury ... although the risk is low there are definitely some career ending(or skill reducing) injuries that are within the realm of possibility that would cause us not to draft him.

Decapitation would be a bummer....Seriously

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, April 7, 2012 - Veiled reference to Peyton - inciting
Hidden by Coltssouth, April 7, 2012 - Veiled reference to Peyton - inciting

Decapitation would be a bummer....Seriously

Yes, that would be a bummer. Who knows what could happen between now and draft day?

Luck might suffer a c7 neck injury that damaged his nerve that signals his triceps of his throwing arm. Such an injury could definitely be called career-ending, or at least skill-reducing.

seriously people have patience. the draft is only like 22 days away if not sooner. Why sign the kid now and ( i know more in likely wont happen) he gets seriously hurt and can never play a down again. :edit: Cmon guys we need patience we all know who will be our quaterback at the beginning of the season.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, April 7, 2012 - reply to an edited post
Hidden by Peytongirl, April 7, 2012 - reply to an edited post

seriously people have patience. the draft is only like 22 days away if not sooner. Why sign the kid now and ( i know more in likely wont happen) he gets seriously hurt and can never play a down again. We wasted our pick on a cripple. Cmon guys we need patience we all know who will be our quaterback at the beginning of the season.

CRIPPLE, that makes my blood boil!

This just sounds wrong - as is the repeated insistence that the Colts are somehow being negligent by being the first team in the history of the league to sign a player weeks before the draft. Doing so would be simply pointless and irresponsible, and as others have indicated this topic has been discussed repeatedly here for quite some time.

No, no, no!

We must -- MUST -- sign him NOW! Don't you know that no one wants to play for the Colts? Don't you know that the Colts are such a ragged and homely organization -- the scum of the NFL, really -- that we must go above and beyond the ordinary call of duty and make our projected draft picks feel like kings? That's just to make sure that they don't refuse to come play for us. Don't you know that if we sign Andrew Luck right now (to a contract that's already essentially been determined, by the way), it allows us to get ahead of our competition and make him into a real NFL quarterback? Never mind the fact that he can't even report to camp until June. We have to sign him NOW, doggone it! We should have signed him the moment we were allowed to. And we have to start a new thread about the absolute and utter traveshamockery the rag-tag management group of Irsay, Grigson and Paganoa are making of this very simple and intrigue-less process.

/sarcasm

I just don't get it. What's wrong with signing him after we draft him, just the same way almost every other team always has?

Also, if you're an NBA fan, you'll remember a couple years ago when Blake Griffin declared for the draft. Mike Dunleavy was still running the Clippers, and he came out the day they won the lottery and said matter-of-factly that they were going to pick Blake Griffin. This is two months before the draft, by the way. David Stern expressed his distaste for them making that declaration so far before the draft, and Dunleavy kind of walked back from his statement a couple days later. They obviously still took Griffin, just like everyone knew they would, but Stern didn't think that was good for the NBA or for the event that they want the draft to become.

In the NFL's case, the draft is that event already. With or without the intrigue of knowing who the first pick will be. The first day of the draft draws more viewers than any one game in the first round of the NBA playoffs. They don't really need to keep the first pick a secret, because people are going to watch anyways. But they would still prefer not to have the first pick declared weeks before the draft, I'm sure. And in this case, it's obvious who the second pick will be, as well, so you basically knock the first 20 minutes of the draft out of the water.

I think as a Colt fan, we went through enough crap having to listen about Peyton for 3 months before he was let go. So now the Colts try to play the hand that they are considering both prospects. Yet the Redskins are making that look like a sham by working directly with RGIII. My whole point to getting him signed or at least announce he will be the pick is so that the fans can at least know there is some stability. It doesn't make sense. They don't have to sign him, but why act like there is some big drama as to who might be drafted when the Redskins make that look stupid?

I think as a Colt fan, we went through enough crap having to listen about Peyton for 3 months before he was let go. So now the Colts try to play the hand that they are considering both prospects. Yet the Redskins are making that look like a sham by working directly with RGIII. My whole point to getting him signed or at least announce he will be the pick is so that the fans can at least know there is some stability. It doesn't make sense. They don't have to sign him, but why act like there is some big drama as to who might be drafted when the Redskins make that look stupid?

If you know that the pick is pretty much set, then why would you think the team needs to show fans that there is some stability? If there's no drama, then what's the problem?

No offense, but please stop saying "WE", dude. I have not went through any crap. This thread irritates me far more than anything the Colts have done.

This thread could be titled, :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:

You're not allowed to give them play books yet. Stop posting threads about this! Multiple threads about this already!! They wont and shouldn't sign him yet, there's no benefit!

They can give anyone a playbook. Its a book with paper. Colts could give it to the Patriots if they wanted. They NFL doesnt control it.

You're not allowed to give them play books yet. Stop posting threads about this! Multiple threads about this already!! They wont and shouldn't sign him yet, there's no benefit!

The OP jumped to that conclusion. Neither link posted said the Skins gave him a playbook.

I don't think any team would be dumb enough to give a playbook to an unsigned player.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, April 7, 2012 - inappropriate
Hidden by shecolt, April 7, 2012 - inappropriate

To the mods and posters that have it out for me. F U C K Y O U.

This craphole of a franchise doesn't deserve a quarterback like Andrew Luck. You deserve a bust like RGIII to follow the overrated bum Peyton Manning. It will be fun watching him get drilled this year and even more fun knowing how many of you hillbillies are ticked off that he isn't a Colt.

If the Colts make the right decision and draft Andrew Luck, I'll make my own board. If they make the mistake of drafting RGIII then I'll take my knowledge to Washington with him.

It's been fun talking circles all around you inbred hillbillies. So in the end go # off.

To those that recognize my superiority like Jules, and Ohio_Colt, I'll be in touch and you can join me on the new board, where we will treat people the right way.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, April 7, 2012 - trolling
Hidden by shecolt, April 7, 2012 - trolling

You do not deserve a talent like Andrew. I hope Mr. Irsay makes the mistake of drafting Mr. Griffin and paying him 25MM to be a bust.

Actually this is a clever ploy by the Redskins to get the Colts management to second guess themselves into thinking the Skins saw something the Colts didn't. Then the Colts take RG3 with the first pick, the Redskins trade down with the Dolphins for 4 first rounders who takes Andrew Luck which was their target when Manning was messing with their heads and the Redskins draft Tannehill which was their goal all along.....

Actually this is a clever ploy by the Redskins to get the Colts management to second guess themselves into thinking the Skins saw something the Colts didn't.  Then the Colts take RG3 with the first pick, the Redskins trade down with the Dolphins for 4 first rounders who takes Andrew Luck which was their target when Manning was messing with their heads and the Redskins draft Tannehill which was their goal all along.....

Interesting conspiracy.

Actually I too have wondered if the Redskins are actually duping the Colt's into thinking RGIII is to good to pass up. I see where Dungy said it's not beyond Irsay to take RGIII despite what Washington is doing with him. Read toward the end of below article.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/multiple-redskins-visits-to-griffin-are-permitted-by-the-rules/

If you think about it, this might be working. Irsay and Grigs might be getting the wool pulled over their eyes...

The OP jumped to that conclusion. Neither link posted said the Skins gave him a playbook.

I don't think any team would be dumb enough to give a playbook to an unsigned player.

Direct quote from the article, "they’re teaching him their playbook."

If they are not giving it to him they are opening it and reading it to him. At this point I think you are just arguing semantics....

I personally just think it is highly doubtful that the Colts take anyone else but Luck. We know Irsay wants to take a franchise QB because of the interview he had with Hannah Storm about the possibility of using the number 1 pick on a QB and he said something along the lines of," if a guy like Luck or RG3 is there, I don't think you can pass that opportunity up." And also RG3 has said no to our private workout while Luck has said yes. I think if a guy doesn't want to workout for us, I don't see him wanting to play for us. And we have heard all the analysts say that Luck is the best QB prospect to come out since Manning.