Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

End The Mockery Of Not Signing Luck

unitaswestand

Direct quote from the article, "they’re teaching him their playbook."

If they are not giving it to him they are opening it and reading it to him. At this point I think you are just arguing semantics....

I beg to differ, it's way more than semantics. They may be having him run certain plays to see how he fits in their O, but I can assure you they didn't give him a playbook. You've seen Hard Knock or have read articles about how teams treat playbooks, right?

Besides that, you're assuming the writer of that article was there? Or is it more likely he got a text from someone watching the workout?

Shannahan rarely shows his hand but this time it is different. If he is doing all of this with RG3 just to get the Colts interested then he is pretty clever.

Grigson and Pagano should make their decision based on what they have seen and evaluated throughout this process. Which should in all likelihood lead them to Luck.

I think whoever takes takes Tannehill has really >>>ed themselves up, outside of Luck and RGIII their isnt really any standout QB's, quite honestly I would take Kirk Cousins or Weeden over him despite Weedens age, are either them top picks in this draft? no of course not, but if a team is going to take a risk their and draft a quarterback early I would draft a true quarterback, Id take my shot on Cousins, I forget who the media is rumoring to take Tannehill early, it might be the Browns I forget, but if its the Browns its a wasted pick, they dont need a quarterback they need a number one receiver Cribbs isnt a #1 hes a Punt returner lol.....if the Browns take anything but wide receiver Id be firing someone on the spot, now obviously Im a Colts fan but I do find talks about who other teams might take interesting and the Browns pick is up their for me as very interesting

Sure they should. But they gotta defer to the big guy. its his final call, not theirs.

Yeah, Irsay has very clearly been infatuated with Luck. I feel like picking RG3 would have to come down to if Pagano and Grigson liked Griffin more and Irsay was willing to trust their judgement.

@JimIrsay: ColtsFans,roster reshaping exciting n producing a very physical MONSTER!Things have always pointed toward #12 but eval process is OpenMinded

uh whos number 12? I didnt pay attention to numbers, thats doesnt mean much to me

I beg to differ, it's way more than semantics. They may be having him run certain plays to see how he fits in their O, but I can assure you they didn't give him a playbook. You've seen Hard Knock or have read articles about how teams treat playbooks, right?

Besides that, you're assuming the writer of that article was there? Or is it more likely he got a text from someone watching the workout?

I am not saying this article was true nor did I even state my opinion on it. ( I am equally skeptical of its vailidity.)

All I stated was that the OP did not jump to any conclusions, whether the article is true or false the O.P simply stated things from the article. You claimed the O.P jumped to conclusions which he did not, perhaps it was the article that was jumping to conclusions.

I am not saying this article was true nor did I even state my opinion on it. ( I am equally skeptical of its vailidity.)

All I stated was that the OP did not jump to any conclusions, whether the article is true or false the O.P simply stated things from the article. You claimed the O.P jumped to conclusions which he did not, perhaps it was the article that was jumping to conclusions.

That's fair, and you're correct, we don't know the writer's source. But if you'll read the OP comment, he said the Skins gave RG3 their playbook. The article did not say that. That's why I said he jumped to that conclusion.

All we know for sure is that they've been working with him, and that it's legal. The NFL also said they can't work with him at their facility. I'll go ahead and jump to the conclusion that there are apparently restrictions on what you can do with an unsigned rookie. I don't know if that includes giving him a playbook, but I still think no team would do that.