Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA started today-player interviews

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Im hoping Tell can beat Rock out for the #2 corner spot. Be nice to have 2 big long corners out there between Tell and Rhodes.

I'm hoping the best player wins,  whether it be Rock or Tell.  Either way,  I'm sure both of them will see the field this year. 

3 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Curtis Painter, a fellow sixth round pick, was an impressive person and good interview, too. 

There is just something about him. Can’t exactly put my finger on it. Pittman mentioned today how they are good friends and how he is very smart.  Eason seems to be putting in a lot of work. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

There is just something about him. Can’t exactly put my finger on it. Pittman mentioned today how they are good friends and how he is very smart.  Eason seems to be putting in a lot of work. 

Maybe and I hope he has success, but he faces challenging odds of becoming a successful starter if you go by the results of other non-first round QB picks in recent years. 

The days of first-round snubs going onto superstar careers such as Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, or becoming solid long-term starters such as Matt Hasselbeck, Trent Green and Mark Brunell are a thing of the past.

Since a stretch in 2011-12 when Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins and Colin Kaepernick fashioned successful careers after being passed over in round one, only a rare few have made it since.

Of the 70 quarterbacks taken after round 1 from 2013-20, including 26 who went in rounds two through four, only Dak Prescott, Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo have become successful starters.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lower-round-qbs-face-long-odds-make-nfl-77470686

15 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Maybe and I hope he has success, but he faces challenging odds of becoming a successful starter if you go by the results of other non-first round QB picks in recent years. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lower-round-qbs-face-long-odds-make-nfl-77470686

I think a lot of those later round QB just don’t ever get a actual chance to start rather then them failing. Eason needs to really show out in the preseason. If he looks great and Carson plays like we think he will Eason might be trade bait and get a chance if he really plays well in preseason. I don’t think colts will trade him this year but if all goes well maybe in 22. 

I think if TY walks after this year he might end up being a captain. Zach has those qualities too if he signs a extension. 

Pittmans wife’ is overdue now by a few days. Hopefully that baby comes soon. 

I see future captain material in him too. He is an impressive young man, he will make a good captain and father.

19 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i have a bad feeling the first couple games without fisher will be a struggle .   tevi looked like clark at times for the chargers just looked ugly .  i am a herbet fan so i watch plenty of games .

Didn’t Tevi only give up like 2 sacks last season. I think he is a step above clark and green but probably not as good as Fisher and AC.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Didn’t Tevi only give up like 2 sacks last season. I think he is a step above clark and green but probably not as good as Fisher and AC.

its not just about sacks giving up 134 pressures a league high in tackles  and was the worst graded tackle in pass blocking according to pff .  he got bailed out by herberts mobility big time last year .   He caused some pain , i am a massive ballard fan so i will wait to see what happens . maybe its just a flaw in his game that can be tweaked .

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its not just about sacks giving up 134 pressures a league high in tackles  and was the worst graded tackle in pass blocking according to pff .  he got bailed out by herberts mobility big time last year .   He caused some pain , i am a massive ballard fan so i will wait to see what happens . maybe its just a flaw in his game that can be tweaked .

Or maybe he will look better with 4 really good olineman. We will see. I think we will be fine if Fisher doesn’t start right away. The oline has to work as a group.

Or maybe he will look better with 4 really good olineman. We will see. I think we will be fine if Fisher doesn’t start right away. The oline has to work as a group.

i like holden he looked great against the steelers .  He will beat out tevi  i hope

44 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Did the Chargers have Q playing left guard?

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Pittmans wife’ is overdue now by a few days. Hopefully that baby comes soon. 

How & why do you know that? Lol

...and yes of course we all hope the delivery goes well. Nothing more important and precious than being a parent. 

About Pittman,  he came off as impressive while being casual and relaxed.  Glad we have him. :D

12 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

How & why do you know that? Lol

...and yes of course we all hope the delivery goes well. Nothing more important and precious than being a parent. 

About Pittman,  he came off as impressive while being casual and relaxed.  Glad we have him. :D

Well because she posts on Instagram. Go watch her stories. They are yourubers so yes her job is social media. I am shocked how many nfl players wives have YouTube’s. Somehow I came across issac Rochelles wife YouTube channel the other day. She is a cool lady. It’s kind of cool to see players on your team doing everyday life. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I said yesterday I thought it was kind of off putting and everyone jumped down my throughly. 

I've watched about 75% of the interviews. All were pumped and sunshiny, and a lot of confidence. Banogu's had a much different tone. Not that it means anything, just very different vibe. Hope things click for him this year. By all reports, he's a hard worker. Hope he had some good breakthroughs with his trainer over the off season. 

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I said yesterday I thought it was kind of off putting and everyone jumped down my throughly. 

No, you said he was a “jerk”. Other posters watched the interview and didn’t agree with your opinion and speculated that he was annoyed at the repeated questions about last year. That’s not what you describe here. 

10 hours ago, buccolts said:

Run block 

Sure, the left guard can probably help the left tackle with run blocking, but my main concern if the Colts have a subpar left tackle at the start of the season is that it could result in the starting quarterback getting squashed from his blindside. 

Archived