Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA started today-player interviews

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the upside of drafting and maintaining a high character team.   The players and Ballard an Reich have come to an agreement  that satisfies both sides.    Win-win.

The roughly 10 teams who have opted OUT of OTA’s because of a lack of an agreement between management and players likely wish they could trade places with the Colts.   

We have leaders not followers.   We are trying to protect all the players not just veterans.  When you opt out of practice the guys hurt the most are the young players trying for a roster spot.  Injured players who are trying to reclaim their previous form. 

Today, it’s good to be a Colts fan.   Our organization sees the Big Picture.   Hopefully this leads to better days ahead. 

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is the upside of drafting and maintaining a high character team.   The players and Ballard an Reich have come to an agreement  that satisfies both sides.    Win-win.

The roughly 10 teams who have opted OUT of OTA’s because of a lack of an agreement between management and players likely wish they could trade places with the Colts.   

We have leaders not followers.   We are trying to protect all the players not just veterans.  When you opt out of practice the guys hurt the most are the young players trying for a roster spot.  Injured players who are trying to reclaim their previous form. 

Today, it’s good to be a Colts fan.   Our organization sees the Big Picture.   Hopefully this leads to better days ahead.

ncf, so how does this work exactly? You could have otas OR minicamp but not both? I always thought that you had both. 

15 minutes ago, cbear said:

ncf, so how does this work exactly? You could have otas OR minicamp but not both? I always thought that you had both. 

CB....   at this point, I don’t pretend to know.  I’m only responding to the tweets I’m seeing in this thread.   

The upside for the team is that it’s two weeks of practice.   More is better.  

The upside for the players is that it’s voluntary and not mandatory, so players have the option or freedom to miss time for whatever reason, though I don’t expect much of that.  But for some, there may still be some Covid concerns.   So players are still protected. 

I think more info should surface in the next day or two...  

Nelson had a presser too but they didn’t put it up. It is up on the app.He got a little mad at Gregg Doyle lol. Doyle asked him if he was worried about his legacy moving to LT. Nelson goes I have already answered I want to stay at guard but will do anything that helps the team. We will see if they just forgot to put it up or they didn’t put it up because of that exchange. Don’t mess with Big Q.

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Nelson had a presser too but they didn’t put it up. It is up on the app.He got a little mad at Gregg Doyle lol. Doyle asked him if he was worried about his legacy moving to LT. Nelson goes I have already answered I want to stay at guard but will do anything that helps the team. We will see if they just forgot to put it up or they didn’t put it up because of that exchange. Don’t mess with Big Q.

Doyle gonna get pancaked

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wentz was sick today so didn’t participate. Reich said hopefully he can get back tomorrow. Media can watch OTA on Thursday. Then once again next week.

Wentz already calling in sick... Great first impression.

(sarcasm)

I'd like to see how Mack is doing and hope he doesn't go too hard trying show he's healthy.  I sure don't want him pop something and setting him back. Looking forward at our 1-2 punch(Taylor) in September. 

Eason will be exciting to see. Of course Wentz too.

TY & Paris.

Our new rookie TE.

22 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes we know how excited the colts were to have Wentz throw deep to Hilton.....it took a 11th hour call from irsay to sign him. Lol.

I don't know why you think you're revealing something that's embarrassing to Ballard?    You're not.

Ballard says the same thing at the start of every free agency period.   That other teams may value his players more than he does.   That's he's ok if he loses a player to another team.   He just wants a chance to match or exceed the offer.   Hilton was offered 3-years from Baltimore.   The Colts signed him to a 1-year deal.    That's a win for Ballard and the Colts.   Hilton got more than we would have liked,  but only on a 1-year deal.    So, that's a win for TYH.    A win-win situation.   There's nothing bad reflected on Ballard.

Yet you think you're offering some insight that the rest of us somehow don't understand.    That's not the case.   The rest of this community understands a win-win situation.    You want to see a loss, a negative for Ballard.   It's reflected in most of your posts,    It's reflected in many of your posts, including one in the last few days which talked about not a good enough record,  and not enough playoff wins.   Your views are widely known.

8 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

If what Ballard says about a Achilles is what happens with Fisher that means he could be ready by TC. Mack looks like he might be close to 100% and he is at the 8th mark. I think they will be extra careful with Dayo. But Fisher is a vet so if he is ready he will go.  Very possible Fisher is ready week one.

It’s a looong season that got even longer this year.  Seeing as how I think they will start out with a heavy run game to begin the season I think that Fisher can (hopefully) afford to be out a couple of weeks to begin the season.

This will allow Carson to adjust to the receiving corps and get some confidence using the short routes while keeping the pass blocking to a minimum.

Make sure Fisher gets some extra time which will be beneficial at the end of the year.

On 5/17/2021 at 2:31 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I couldn't have said it better and completely agree!

Archived