Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Sunday KC vs TB

PrincetonTiger

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it snowed today, after the game, instead of watching Brady hoist another Lombardi, I'm gonna go out and shovel before it gets really cold and a lot harder to move around.

I get my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow so I'll be knocked out the day after the Super Bowl as a bonus!

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

Well, it snowed today, after the game, instead of watching Brady hoist another Lombardi, I'm gonna go out and shovel before it gets really cold and a lot harder to move around.

I get my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow so I'll be knocked out the day after the Super Bowl as a bonus!

I feel for you my Buffalo brethren. Our two teams have suffered at the hands of this dude for too long. Enjoy the day off tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Well, at least Brady will (I hope) retire after this.

Why would he? He has a solid, young team around him, he obviously stills enjoys playing, he’s still playing at a high level, he has his best friend Gronk with him....Brady isn’t retiring until he literally can’t throw a football anymore

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• As Bowen said, Ballard is adjusting his stance.  RAS is important, but production is as important.   After all, we have a guy starting on our DLine who had a RAS less than 4.  And he’s not bad, lol!
    • Dane Brugler's scouting report on Jaylin Simpson from his draft guide:   10. JAYLIN SIMPSON | Auburn 5115 | 179 lbs. | 5SR Brunswick, Ga. (Frederica) 3/17/2000 (age 24.11) #36   BACKGROUND: Jaylin Simpson, one of three children, grew up in Brunswick (southern Georgia, near the Atlantic coast). He came up in the Gl ynn County school district and attended Jane Macon middle school. Instead of attending Brunswick High School, he chose to enroll at Frederica Academy, a small prep school on Saint Simons Island (enrollment of 450 students). He was a four-year varsity starter and collected four interceptions as a freshman cornerback, helping Frederica to a 9-2 record. On offense, Simpson caught a combined 38 passes as a wide receiver over his first two seasons. As a junior in 2017, though, he was moved to quarterback, because of injuries to others on the depth chart, and posted 761 passing yards, 741 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns (eight passing, eight rushing). As a senior, the coaches again asked Simpson to play quarterback, and he led Frederica to a 10-3 record and the 2018 GISA state championship (the second in school history). Despite missing four games with turf toe as a senior, he finished his final season with 1,433 passing yards, 441 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns (15 passing, seven rushing), adding 48 tackles, four interceptions and two forced fumbles. Simpson played for Cam Newton’s 7-on-7 team throughout high school. He was a star on the basketball court for Frederica and joined the baseball team as a senior outfielder. He also ran trac k and won a 2019 state title in the high jump (6 feet, 2 inches).   A four-star recruit, Simpson was the No. 33 cornerback in the 2019 recruiting class and the No. 34 recruit in Georgia. Some questioned his decision to play at a smaller prep school and worried he wouldn’t be highly recruited, but Ohio State handed him his first offer early in his sophomore season (August 2016) — and those concerns quickly dissipated. Simpson would add offers from Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Miami and Oklahoma. Shortly after an unofficial visit at Auburn, however, he committed to head coach Gus Malzahn in April 2018. Simpson was the No. 14 recruit in Auburn’s 2019 class (same class as QB Bo Nix, LB Derick Hall and WR Jashawn Sheffield, Simpson’s high school teammate and best friend). He accepted his invitation to the 2024 Senior Bowl.   STRENGTHS: Above-average athletic tools with excellent speed … springy lower body for explosive read-and-drive reactions in coverage … plays with terrific timing to arrive with the ball and force incompletions … ball skills have always come naturally to him, and long arms help him take the football away … had a 50-yard return touchdown in 2023 and becomes a threat with the ball in his hands … has a cornerback background and can press at the line or drop as a hook/curl player in underneath zone … vocal in the huddle and on the sidelines (NFL scout: “He’s the life of the party.”) … experience shows when helping teammates get lined up presnap … 441 special-teams snaps in his career and was a regular on punt coverage as a senior … has experience across the secondary and had his best season in 2023.   WEAKNESSES: Lean build,regardless if he is to be considered a safety, corner or nickel … will lose sight of the football and get pinballed when attempting to work through traffic … wild pursuit angles disrupt his finishing skills, and ball carriers escape his grasp more than they should … occasionally braces for contact before attempting the tackle and needs to show better determination in the run game … shifty slot receivers will tax his quick-twitch redirection skills and test his deep speed … not as comfortable flipping his head to locate in the deep half of the field … size and past injuries will lead to durability concerns: missed two games as a sophomore because of an ankle injury (September 2021); missed three games as a redshirt freshman because of a hamstring injury (September 2020); missed time in high school because of various issues, including ankle surgery, a fractured wrist and turf toe.   SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Auburn, Simpson played a free safety/nickel role in former defensive coordinator Ron Roberts’ man/zone coverage looks (played for four different defensive coordinators). After serving as a rotational corner as an underclassman, he moved inside in 2023 and delivered an impactful final season with a team-best four interceptions (all in the first five games), spending most of his time in the slot and playing a mix of press and off coverage. A long, rangy athlete, Simpson anticipates well in coverage, and he has the explosive lower body to transition and drive on throws with impeccable timing. With the ability to play man-toman or line up in the post, his experience across the secondary is a strength — but he also has some cornerback-safety tweener traits, including his slight, underpowered size. Overall, Simpson’s inconsistencies in the run game aren’t ideal for a nickel role, but his reactionary athleticism and ball-hawking instincts are superb and what will drive the discussion when NFL teams put his tag on the draft board. Although he is off some NFL boards because of his size, he projects best as a versatile role player in the secondary and potential special teamer.   GRADE: 4th Round
    • In multiple pressers CB mentioned wanting better third down coverage linebackers……   Already converted Ronnie Harrison and now draft this hybrid guy to help as well!
  • Members

• MFT5

MFT5 325

• Stephen

Stephen 4,083

• Pigskin

Pigskin 0

Rookie
    • tate

tate 10

Rookie
    • Kirie89