Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Sunday KC vs TB

PrincetonTiger

31 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They tried a few screens, but Mahomes was either inaccurate with the passes (behind the receiver) or the defense was right there to break it up. 

No designed passes to the RBs that I saw.  No Williams. No Watkins.  Reid/Bienemy tried to run nothing but the Patrick, Travis, and Tyreek show all night long.

Reid and Bienemy got outcoached and did a terrible job of settling Mahomes and that OL down. 2 safeties back all the time, even if it is for 3 or 4 yards, just run enough to give the RBs rhythm or the play action to even be effective. One LB biting clears some space for passing in play action, not rocket science. Instead, they just let Mahomes chuck it 45-50 times.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Reid and Bienemy got outcoached and did a terrible job of settling Mahomes and that OL down. 2 safeties back all the time, even if it is for 3 or 4 yards, just run enough to give the RBs rhythm or the play action to even be effective. One LB biting clears some space for passing in play action, not rocket science. Instead, they just let Mahomes chuck it 45-50 times.

I agree. Reid and Bienemy did not help Mahomes or the offense at all. 4 out of 5 linemen are backups or playing out of position against a very dominate front seven. They literally had Mahomes try to make a play on every down when everyone could see the line giving up pressure before the receivers got 5 yards down the field. 

2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

This season could not have played out any worse for Bill with Brady winning the chip in his first year away from NE.

Why?

they are mutually exclusive.

Brady went to the most loaded offensive not named the Chiefs.

BB started a rebuild that was happening if Brady was there or not.

so no, they have nothing to do with each other.  

43 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I agree. Reid and Bienemy did not help Mahomes or the offense at all. 4 out of 5 linemen are backups or playing out of position against a very dominate front seven. They literally had Mahomes try to make a play on every down when everyone could see the line giving up pressure before the receivers got 5 yards down the field. 

Just realized that they had LDT (Laurent Duvernary Tardif), another OL starter, opt out at the beginning of the season, and a draft pick Lucas Niang opt out too.

So, no starting OTs and Osemele from week 1 plus the above LDT opting out, and add in bad play calling and execution, no wonder it was a blowout. Reminded me of the Broncos OL going against the Seahawks, trying to east-west against that LB speed, none of that happening yesterday.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Just realized that they had LDT (Laurent Duvernary Tardif), another OL starter, opt out at the beginning of the season, and a draft pick Lucas Niang opt out too.

So, no starting OTs and Osemele from week 1 plus the above LDT opting out, and add in bad play calling and execution, no wonder it was a blowout. Reminded me of the Broncos OL going against the Seahawks, trying to east-west against that LB speed, none of that happening yesterday.

Recipe for disaster. Found it funny people were saying a pocket qb would of did better for KC. Lol there was no pocket the whole night.

14 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Recipe for disaster. Found it funny people were saying a pocket qb would of did better for KC. Lol there was no pocket the whole night.

Something tells me that Andy Reid's son's car accident that his son caused had to be in the back of Andy's mind. Life is greater than football and it could not have been easy for Andy. Plus, the fact that he had another son while in Philly, die of a drug overdose, and thoughts of all of these can make a Dad's heart heavy, IMO. 

It did not feel like a typical Andy Reid game called. No adjustments with a second TE or multiple OL in the second half for protecting Mahomes, typically Andy makes better adjustments after the half than what he showed yesterday. I hope everyone involved in that car accident come out of it alive.

1 hour ago, NFLUp said:

Why?

they are mutually exclusive.

Brady went to the most loaded offensive not named the Chiefs.

BB started a rebuild that was happening if Brady was there or not.

so no, they have nothing to do with each other.  

Who do you want to see the Pats get at QB for the season?

I'm not a Brady fan, but there is no denying what he has accomplished. Having an amazing defense helps. Todd Bowles should have received a special MVP award. Congrats to the Bucs for winning. I'm happy for Bruce Arians and Joe Haeg, who got a chance with Tampa. 

I think that his son's accident affected Andy Reid, so he wasn't concentrating on the game like he normally would. The referees called a lot of penalties, but many of them were legitimate. Also,  on their website, Chiefs fans were getting a bit arrogant, thinking that another Super Bowl win was a given. Maybe this game took them down a bit. 

5 hours ago, runthepost said:

Exactly. Tom Brady would not have finished the game had he been the Chiefs QB against Tampa's defense. 

4 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I think that his son's accident affected Andy Reid, so he wasn't concentrating on the game like he normally would.

I agree. I'm surprised that more people had not mentioned that. There was very little mention of that by the media or fans here or on the Vikings site that I follow. Usually these type of off the field incidents are magnified. Not this time.

I hope the kid makes a full recovery.

5 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Who do you want to see the Pats get at QB for the season?

Good question , and I don’t really have much of an answer.  I’m in favor of drafting Taylor or Mac Jones, and perhaps getting a stop gap like Mariota, Carr, or perhaps even Fitzpatrick, though not a big fan of him.  
it’ll be surprising, I think, regardless of whom the Patriots get.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:19 PM, NFLUp said:

Good question , and I don’t really have much of an answer.  I’m in favor of drafting Taylor or Mac Jones, and perhaps getting a stop gap like Mariota, Carr, or perhaps even Fitzpatrick, though not a big fan of him.  
it’ll be surprising, I think, regardless of whom the Patriots get.

Hahah! Fitzmagic, playing for EVERY team in the AFC East would be hilarious :lol:

4 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

safe-image.jpg

Training my three year old son for his dual with brady in 20 years! lol

Archived