Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Colts Jerseys!

CCH

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going off the conversation we had yesterday about materials, these look a lot different than Reebok. I'm anxious to see how closely the materials of the fan jerseys match with the ones the players will be wearing. I also wonder if all players on a team will be wearing the exact same jerseys or if there will be variance between certain materials like there was in the past. From what I read earlier today, each team was able to choose what Nike material technologies they wanted, and the Colts went all in.

Here is an ad(if you want to call it that) for the Elite 51 Falcons jersey.

4ihr2p.png

I'm glad that they didn't alter the fundamentals. I suspect that many of those who find the scheme dull are on the young side. One of the reasons that I'm a Colts fan is that I fell in love with their "look" when I was 6-7 years old. Decades later I feel the same way, and seeing it changed too much would break my heart. I find comments to the effect that "yes, I love the team, I just want to change the uniforms" a bit off-putting. If you can't stand the uniforms, why did you chose to root for the Colts in the first place?

Though fundamentally the same, the new uniforms still look a bit strange to me. Maybe it's just Nike's photography or something, but their goal seems to be to make the players look like video game warriors of some kind. Plus their efforts to streamline are a little disconcerting. I don't want an anatomy lesson, I just want to watch football. Hopefully it's just the lighting, and they'll look better when they get on real players out on the field.

And of course, as always, Nike is all about Nike. I miss the days (oh, from like about a year ago) when I had NO idea who made the uniforms and couldn't care less. I think it would be better if each team bought their uniforms from whomever they wanted, and the manufacturer labels were restricted to the little tags inside the collar. I'm rooting for the Colts, not Nike.

To each his own but I think the Seahawks new uni's are pretty bad. I think Oregon has the second ugliest uniforms in football next to the new Maryland ones. The Colts are an old franchise will protect the brand image like the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Cowboys etc. I'm sure some people out there call Michigan, Texas, Penn St., Alabama etc. uniforms boring, but I would argue they are the best in football because of the tradition. Oregon's look like an acid trip. Oregon had no real football tradition until recently so that is why they had to go off the map and let Phil Knight and Nike do whatever he wanted to make them relevant.

I live in Oregon now, and it has a lot to do with Nike being from here and recruiting, not a lack of tradition. Believe it or not, college athletes like looking "blinged" out on the filed, and pretty much all Oregonians love the fact the Ducks wear a different jersey almost every week. The throwbacks are my personal favorite and a lot of the merchandise represents the very traditional look, but even they are pretty bright. The Nike draw, including the state of the art facilities, clothing, and publicity brought through the different jerseys, is a big reason the program has turned into a legit contender each year.

As for the Colts and NFL, that is a completely different discussion. I think bringing the Ducks/college uniforms into it is comparing apples to oranges.

Here is an ad(if you want to call it that) for the Elite 51 Falcons jersey.

4ihr2p.png

Can't tell a ton from the pic, but I am a bit disappointed that the fabric doesn't look the same as what the players had on today. For example, there are more fabrics on the front of the players jerseys and not on these...

Can't tell a ton from the pic, but I am a bit disappointed that the fabric doesn't look the same as what the players had on today. For example, there are more fabrics on the front of the players jerseys and not on these...

I agree.. If you look at the picture i posted of the neck.. the rubberized material isn't there. Pretty weak for 250.

The seahawks players are the ones saying they love it...And the fans, here is their reaction in the Seahawks forums: Edit Lots of complaints, rarely a "I like em" post. Oregon jerseys are cool, if you want to look like a clown. I'm sorry but the bright colors and weird feathers(there are also feathers on the seahawks jerseys) are just terrible looking. People usually buy jerseys based on the team they are fans of, not because it looks cool(I know some people do, not most though). I've looked at most of the new jerseys and Seahawks are the only ones that really had a change, the panthers a little bit, but Seahawks were definitely the biggest change, and most are complaining.

Finely for the packers was the first one to say its the best

Edited by Coltssouth
Forum Link

So we went back to the classic socks?

Boy, those are great looking socks based on the photo! The bottom of those socks with the NFL logo (and what appears to be the letters LG) look awesome! I got to go out and get me some. /sarcasm.

It's interesting each team will have special alternative jerseys. Will each team follow a certain theme or will the basic design be different from team to team? If teams have different designs, I'm curious of what the Colts combat jerseys will look like because the classic jersey is very conservative.

It also says 'Game Jersey' and 'Premier Jersey', which may be two other priced jerseys.

Good point, I hope they are because no way I'm dishing out $250 on a jersey, especially a rookie QB. But I hate the way those Chinese fakes look.

Good point, I hope they are because no way I'm dishing out $250 on a jersey, especially a rookie QB. But I hate the way those Chinese fakes look.

The Game jersey is $100 and Premier is $135. I assume these are the equivalent of the screen print Reebok and the premier Reebok with stitched letters. So basically Nike is replicating Reebok's three styles of jerseys but has upped the price of all of them. I just hope they are all a little better quality to justify the jump...

These look exactly the same. There was way too much hype about the new jerseys

I believe the fans spread more hype than anyone. Including passing around phony designs for the last year over the internet.

BTW; Did they really feel it was best to showcase the new uni's in such a dark, heavily shadowed (overdramatic) presentation?

The Game jersey is $100 and Premier is $135. I assume these are the equivalent of the screen print Reebok and the premier Reebok with stitched letters. So basically Nike is replicating Reebok's three styles of jerseys but has upped the price of all of them. I just hope they are all a little better quality to justify the jump...

What's gonna be the main difference between the premier and authentic? Both have stiched numbers which is what seperates them from the game jersey. Just trying to figure out the main difference.

What's gonna be the main difference between the premier and authentic? Both have stiched numbers which is what seperates them from the game jersey. Just trying to figure out the main difference.

You'll likely have to wait till you can touch them in person to see if there is enough difference to merit the price increase.

I'm not certain, but according to the Oregonian (http://www.oregonliv...uniforms_f.html):

The Nike jerseys will retail for $250 for the "Elite Jersey," $135 for the "Limited Jersey," and the "Game Jersey" is $100. The Elite is the closet to the type of jersey that players will wear in a game.

From this I assume that the Game Jerseys are screen print or at least of lesser quality like the least expensive Reeboks; the Limited are like what Reebok called Premier which had stitched numbers, etc. and were of higher quality material; and the authentic are well self explanatory. The last couple of jersey's I have purchased were the Premier Reebok because I'm not a huge jersey guy (only on Sundays) and they felt and looked nice enough that to me the cost benefit was better than going all out on an authentic. The material and maybe a little more things stitched were the main differences between authentic and premier in Reebok...I assume it will be the same for Nike.

BTW: Sue played for the Grant Generals in Portland in high school, if you wonder why he is quoted in the article...

I'm not seeing a great change....and that's good.

the colts have an inconic uniform that should not change.

We are not Jacksonville

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think I'll be able to comprehend the change till I see them on the field

I believe the fans spread more hype than anyone. Including passing around phony designs for the last year over the internet.

BTW; Did they really feel it was best to showcase the new uni's in such a dark, heavily shadowed (overdramatic) presentation?

these are only the standard jerseys. alternate/combat uniforms will be worn...even godell has pretty much admitted that.