Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AC Ruled out vs PIT

Bravo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

yea that is the worst injury colts have had all year .   The good news is taylor is on pace for 1000 yard season and hines has stepped up big time in the run game the last month .  we have a solid one two punch still , and pascal has stepped up two years in a row and replaced cambell at a high level .     really colts only have two starters out for the year , hooker doesnt really count because he is replaced already .  by the playoffs colts with have a fully healthy line even if smith has symptoms two weeks he can be back .   losing only two players for the whole season is amazing .   i know clark also is out but he is a bad backup who doesnt play much and noah doesnt even see the field .     colts are one of the healthiest teams right now .    We could even get cambell back during the playoffs and only be down one starter mack

Yeah Taylor has played well the last few weeks, that helps and Hines is pretty good too. If we had Mack our running game would be lethal IMO.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

chaz green played 140 snaps and was injured for two games .  he gave up two sacks that is not that bad , considering his back was really hurting and he couldnt practice .  Now he is fully healthy.

I agree people were screaming for him to start after the Packers game over Clarke.  Then Clarke got hurt and JJ Wyatt, who is really good, got a couple of plays on him and he shouldn’t be in the NFL.  I am not going to be comfortable with Green in there but I don’t think he’s as bad as some think he is.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I agree people were screaming for him to start after the Packers game over Clarke.  Then Clarke got hurt and JJ Wyatt, who is really good, got a couple of plays on him and he shouldn’t be in the NFL.  I am not going to be comfortable with Green in there but I don’t think he’s as bad as some think he is.  

i seen jj watt destroy AC before and smith he rotates during games .   jj watt is a hall of famer so getting beat by a hall of famer twice while injured is not a huge deal . the rest of the game he started to get better . green had a bad back and was injured for close to a month

15 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Raiders stink.  Can't count on other teams. Colts got to win their way in.  Gotta beat Pittsburgh. No excuses. 

Remember when the Browns wanted us to not rest our starters but Dungy and company rested the starters to boot them out of the playoffs?? Just cannot rely on other teams to determine our destiny.

Saw last 6 minutes of Dolphin-Raider game. I do not understand why Raiders took a knee on 3rd and goal at the 1. Why not try and punch it in for a TD. They left 19 seconds on the clock and Dolphins with 1 play and face mask penalty set up for 44 yard FG to win the game. That loss is on Raders coaching for not trying to score the TD. 

1 minute ago, yankeeclipper said:

Saw last 6 minutes of Dolphin-Raider game. I do not understand why Raiders took a knee on 3rd and goal at the 1. Why not try and punch it in for a TD. They left 19 seconds on the clock and Dolphins with 1 play and face mask penalty set up for 44 yard FG to win the game. That loss is on Raders coaching for not trying to score the TD. 

No. Their strategy worked fine with scoring so late and leaving the Fins with so little time. The failure came on defense. The Cover 2 call was bad along with the corners failure to get deep. 

9 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

Thought we might move Nelson from LG to LT and put Pinter in at LG and then go with best of Holden/Green at RT. looks like we are going with two unknowns at both tackle spots. will need a solid ground game and Rivers will need to do more in short passing game. 

My thoughts exactly  

2 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

No question on the cover-2 issue and face-mask but why not try and get a TD at the goal line and leave dolphins with 19 seconds, not time outs and 75 yards to score. 

Yeah downing the ball made no sense.

You try to score, worst case scenario you dont get in, and still run the clock, while probably running more clock than the quick kneel did.

Was a horrible decision, but so was their defensive formation on the long play with :19 left.

I would have to warn myself if I was to say what I think about the face mask on that play. It cant happen. No penalties at all. Just horrible.

That alone would of made it a 61yd FG without that.

Pathetic.

I want to handle our business anyway, thats the way to get to where we want to go.

17 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

No question on the cover-2 issue and face-mask but why not try and get a TD at the goal line and leave dolphins with 19 seconds, not time outs and 75 yards to score. 

If you watched the game then this should be clear. They would have tried to score on 3rd down. If they had then it would have left Miami with a minute to go. The kick on 4th down allowed 40 more seconds to run off the game clock. 

• ColtsBlueFL changed the title to AC Ruled out vs PIT

Archived